• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So who's going start wearing a paperbag?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, in a game like yesterday, I do agree with the garbage time numbers. Philly changed the way they were playing us, both on offense and defense, once they had a big lead. They became much more conservative on offense (thus the multiple 3 and outs in the 4th qtr, giving us the ball more) and started playing a bend/don't break Defense to protect the lead. Ironically, we got 2 big plays off of them in this defense, but they were both lucky. Young's TD happened because the 2 defenders took each other out. The Robinson TD was a terrible throw that Aldrick played very well, but could just have easily been picked off if the defender turned around.

how the eagles decide to deal with a lead has nothing to do with how the skins play the game . youngs TD is a result of a guy, young , making a play . the robinson TD was a result of robinson making a play to get us back in

moss's catch was a result of moss making a play to get us in position to tie

the garcon catch was garcon making a play to get us in a position to tie

once it became a 2 possession game garbage time ended and delivering the win was on the eagles mind

and again 2 years of top 6 offenses doesnt equate to garbage time stat padding

nor was the oakland win the chicago win the chargers win the broncos and viking losses along with detroit

we were playing for our playoff lives as was philly and all the others

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,we disagree. I feel the way Philly changed their scheme on both sides of the ball in the 4th qtr had a direct impact on our ability to, 1) get more attempts at drives, and 2) to execute on some plays that they were taking away earlier when they were playing more aggressive with their secondary.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well,we disagree. I feel the way Philly changed their scheme on both sides of the ball in the 4th qtr had a direct impact on our ability to, 1) get more attempts at drives, and 2) to execute on some plays that they were taking away earlier when they were playing more aggressive with their secondary.

Oh, BTW, this doesn't mean that we didn't do a better job of executing in the 4th qtr, we did.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

the minute that we scored changed that

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had 181 yards of offense in the first half. We moved the ball on PHI because they couldn't stop us. We shot ourselves in the foot too many times to score such as a fumble on the PHI 5.

Our offensive numbers are not the apparition that many of you like to claim.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude,

You act as if Im defending the defense. Far from it. Im simply pointing out that the offensive stats are misleading. Aside from the Vikings game and the Denver game, which of our other five losses have we actually gone into the half with a lead?? To me its just not that impressive for us to be down by two or more scores, put on a furious last minute charge and either win by six or more often than not lose by eight. If the offense could consistently put up points BEFORE we were down by two scores or more, maybe i would buy that we are a good offense suffering at the hands of a bad defense. But right now we are a bad defense and an offense that cant seem to get anything going before the middle of the 3rd quarter more often than not.

not for 2 years . maybe some games but not for 2 years and the defense has been awful for just as long

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We had 181 yards of offense in the first half. We moved the ball on PHI because they couldn't stop us. We shot ourselves in the foot too many times to score such as a fumble on the PHI 5.

Our offensive numbers are not the apparition that many of you like to claim.

How many of those yds were passing yards?

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

does it matter ? we took what the defense gave us . we fought our way back into the game and the passing game started working because our players MADE plays

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if you think 4 yards passing for a half is acceptable or will result in a team winning. I don't think that this production is either acceptable or will result in a win. If we could have managed, lets say, 100 yds in passing the first half, we might not have been in such deficit and wouldn't have needed to mount such a fight to get back into the game.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

26 yards were actually in the first half.

Does it really matter how many of those yards were in the air? Would you have accepted 181 yards on the ground, no passing yards, and 21 points?

Our offense is moving the ball but we aren't finding the end zone enough. I do feel Kyle could help us get more points, RG3 could help by throwing the ball more accurately and reading the defense properly, and our WRs could do a better job using their bodies in the red zone. Truth is...we have a good red zone offense but we sucked yesterday.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if you think 4 yards passing for a half is acceptable or will result in a team winning. I don't think that this production is either acceptable or will result in a win. If we could have managed, lets say, 100 yds in passing the first half, we might not have been in such deficit and wouldn't have needed to mount such a fight to get back into the game.

If we could manage to consistently SCORE in the first half of games on offense, I might accept that the offense is as good as the stat line suggest. But the fact is, even when we moved the ball for over 150 yards, we came up with goose egg on the score board.

Shenanihanigans

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The redskins simply need an offseason where they have the freedom to make the moves they need to do in order to improve (not stay static) the team.

This is the offseason that they'll have to do the following:

improve RG3's ability to read a defense, footwork, avoid hits, etc.
sign 2-3 high impact players (hopefully not), or 6-7 medium impact players (hopefully so)
draft some more players (this year they got Amerson and Reed right, maybe Phillip Thomas, Rambo has improved, and nobody knows jack squat about either rb or the OLB).
and go from there.

The oline or dline isn't terrible, but making ONE of them outstanding certainly would help. I'd focus on the Dline, since the Oline has quite a few picks invested in it already, and we won't be getting a top notch first rounder anyway...

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The redskins simply need an offseason where they have the freedom to make the moves they need to do in order to improve (not stay static) the team.

sign 2-3 high impact players (hopefully not), or 6-7 medium impact players (hopefully so)
draft some more players (this year they got Amerson and Reed right, maybe Phillip Thomas, Rambo has improved, and nobody knows jack squat about either rb or the OLB).
and go from there.

The oline or dline isn't terrible, but making ONE of them outstanding certainly would help. I'd focus on the Dline, since the Oline has quite a few picks invested in it already, and we won't be getting a top notch first rounder anyway...

I really like this post. It takes into account the screw job we were given...it understands we need to improve but we aren't horrible along the lines. It takes into account we have some very young guys playing key positions.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could manage to consistently SCORE in the first half of games on offense, I might accept that the offense is as good as the stat line suggest. But the fact is, even when we moved the ball for over 150 yards, we came up with goose egg on the score board.

Why didn't we scored this last game in the first half? Oh a fumble on the five yard line.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and go from there.

Did you see that graphic that Fox showed regarding how much $16M was able to buy for the Eagles? Pretty eye opening. There are no doubt several issues with this team, but the extra money combined with some serious offseason work by RG3 & perhaps a coaching change or two might make a fair amt of difference with this team.

The team does not need to improve 100% or anything close. A few changes on offense & defense could make the difference in a few pts on either side of the ball in any given game. That alone could mean a difference of 4-6 wins. While this season has been frustrating there certainly is potential to put this team in the same position as last year next season.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you see that graphic that Fox showed regarding how much $16M was able to buy for the Eagles? Pretty eye opening. There are no doubt several issues with this team, but the extra money combined with some serious offseason work by RG3 & perhaps a coaching change or two might make a fair amt of difference with this team.

The team does not need to improve 100% or anything close. A few changes on offense & defense could make the difference in a few pts on either side of the ball in any given game. That alone could mean a difference of 4-6 wins. While this season has been frustrating there certainly is potential to put this team in the same position as last year next season.

I didn't see it. Can you show me or at least tell me what it bought them?

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't see it. Can you show me or at least tell me what it bought them?

» Over the Cap- Philadelphia Eagles 2013 Salary Cap and Contracts

Need some help on this one since I can't locate the info & don't recall all of the specifics (a link for the Eagles salary cap is attached).

However - I do recall that it included at least 6-7 starters including McCoy, Foles, Cooper, etc & also included starters on offense & defense who contributed quite a bit. Granted some of these guys (e.g. Foles & McCoy) will command bigger contracts in the future. However - the same could possibly apply to certain players with the Skins if they had the same opportunities (e.g. they sign several low-mid $$ FAs & one or more has a breakout year). It all comes down to numbers, and more $$ provides more opportunities.

Would be great if anyone else remembers the exact players or has a link.

Krusheasy

Still Not a Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 474.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need some help on this one since I can't locate the info & don't recall all of the specifics

What does $18 Million Buy?

• QB N. Foles
  • WR J Mclin
  • LB C BAWIN
  • C J Kelck
  • RB L MCCOY
  • WR R Cooper
  • LG E MATHIS
  • LB M. Kindricks
Value of 2013 Contracts

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Awesome Krush. Thanks.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

if we didnt fumble inside the 5 we would have