• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So.....What's the better option here?

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me preface everything that follows with.........No playoff hope this season and because of our offensive line, we should......

1. Allow RGIII time this season to work out his issues as a pocket passer.

2. Keep RGIII on the bench so as to not risk injury running for his life behind them.

3. Hide RGIII's helmet, hand the ball to KC to work on his propensity to turn the ball over.

4. Give CM a chance to unseat KC with future personnel changes in focus.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Let me preface everything that follows with.........No playoff hope this season and because of our offensive line, we should......

1. Allow RGIII time this season to work out his issues as a pocket passer.

2. Keep RGIII on the bench so as to not risk injury running for his life behind them.

3. Hide RGIII's helmet, hand the ball to KC to work on his propensity to turn the ball over.

4. Give CM a chance to unseat KC with future personnel changes in focus.

Option 5. Bench KC because he is obviously nothing more than a turnover machine that might not even make a competent backup. Put Bob back in as starter as soon as he is able to take a snap and make two steps backwards. And in the words of Ivan Drago... If he dies, he dies.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Option 5. Bench KC because he is obviously nothing more than a turnover machine that might not even make a competent backup. Put Bob back in as starter as soon as he is able to take a snap and make two steps backwards. And in the words of Ivan Drago... If he dies, he dies.

An NFL executive was quoted on one of our local radio stations as saying. "If Washington does that (play RGIII again this season) and he proves that he cannot avoid injuries, Washington will be back in the QB market and continue to not be relevant for the next ten years." I agree!!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An NFL executive was quoted on one of our local radio stations as saying. "If Washington does that (play RGIII again this season) and he proves that he cannot avoid injuries, Washington will be back in the QB market and continue to not be relevant for the next ten years." I agree!!

Sty... I think we could sit him the rest of the season ( which would go over as well as farts in church with this fan base). Playing him next year in the offense we are trying to run is STILL counter to his instincts. We can be futile for the next 7 years with him, or without him. If Gruden is going to be the coach, and we are going to run his offense, I dont think we have the QB for that on the roster. Not one who can be productive, stay healthy and avoid the cardinal sin of throwing INTs.

the guy who produces points produces picks. The guy who doesnt produce many picks, also has trouble producing points in a more traditional offense.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty... I think we could sit him the rest of the season ( which would go over as well as farts in church with this fan base). Playing him next year in the offense we are trying to run is STILL counter to his instincts. We can be futile for the next 7 years with him, or without him. If Gruden is going to be the coach, and we are going to run his offense, I dont think we have the QB for that on the roster. Not one who can be productive, stay healthy and avoid the cardinal sin of throwing INTs.

the guy who produces points produces picks. The guy who doesnt produce many picks, also has trouble producing points in a more traditional offense.

Yeah I agree that it wouldn't go over well with many (short-sighted) fans of this team. Like you I believe that attempting to play him in a manner counter to what his athleticism allows, reduces him to....well....another Jason Campbell!! This team can be futile well into the future, unless there are demands made by the HC to get players with skills to run a redesigned offense built with and around RGIII. That would of course require Bruce Allen to do his job.....neither seems likely now nor in the distant future.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sty... I think we could sit him the rest of the season ( which would go over as well as farts in church with this fan base).

General view of a large portion of Washington's fan base: Note what her Dad attempts to do!!

Last edited by a moderator:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you dont play Rg3 until he is healthy

and we should play KC as much as we can

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't play RGIII again until there are noticeable fixes along the offensive line. It seems strange to me that many here say that he shouldn't run.......run smart or be used much like Kap and Wilson. HOW? ???? He has to run because he's being forced to. .....that said he can't run smart because unlike Kap or Wilson, the choice is not his.The open field option is not there either.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the situations in which KC turns the ball over. Most of the time we are coming from behind when he starts to chunk it to the wrong team. He tends to force the action at that point. We also don't have the OL to play from behind.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at the situations in which KC turns the ball over. Most of the time we are coming from behind when he starts to chunk it to the wrong team. He tends to force the action at that point. We also don't have the OL to play from behind.

none of that logic or reason shit GK. Those are excuses and we will have none of that.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:gaah:

none of that logic or reason shit GK. Those are excuses and we will have none of that.

Yeah man what were you thinking?.......Thinking! Fuck, see what you've done? Sigh!! Now others might try it and the board won't be nearly as entertaining as it usually is! Dad is this actionable?? Can we actually force him to sit in the owners box as a PR stunt that shows Daniel Snyder's support of the logical and reasoned?

SN: crossing my eyes arms legs and fingers.........please say yes........please say yes........please say yes!

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question Sty.... Lets say in two weeks Griffin is blessed as healthy and able to play. If as you suggest, Gruden makes the call to keep him shelved to protect him from injury....

1. Do you think Griffin will play nice and not start with the little side ways comments shit.

2. Do you think the rest of the team and in particular the O-line wont take that as an insult as the coach would basically be saying (once again) Griffin is the only thing on this team worth worrying about or protecting.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Serious question Sty.... Lets say in two weeks Griffin is blessed as healthy and able to play. If as you suggest, Gruden makes the call to keep him shelved to protect him from injury....

1. Do you think Griffin will play nice and not start with the little side ways comments shit.

2. Do you think the rest of the team and in particular the O-line wont take that as an insult as the coach would basically be saying (once again) Griffin is the only thing on this team worth worrying about or protecting.

1. That's another thing, these are grown men and we want them to represent as such on and off of the field, but what's the example coming out of the front offices.........nonsense!! I believe that if someone or better yet a united team of front office personnel like the GM and HC sat down and told RGIII exactly what he already knows i.e. that they do not trust the offensive line as currently constructed to adequately protect him and that because he IS the franchise QB they are not willing to risk his health by putting him on the field..............then given a company public line that is reasoned and workable.......I'll say yes he will play nice without the sideways comments.

The O-line IS an insult to all that walk the earth fly in the sky and swim the seas!! What difference does it make if guys who have no business playing in the league are made to realize it? What are they going to do stop blocking on running or passing plays? By that measure they are already insulted. As for the other players doesn't he have to get a doctors' clearance? Then coaches comfort with his readiness? Ready or not who says it has to be done and all with RGIII's compliance to boot.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1. That's another thing, these are grown men and we want them to represent as such on and off of the field, but what's the example coming out of the front offices.........nonsense!! I believe that if someone or better yet a united team of front office personnel like the GM and HC sat down and told RGIII exactly what he already knows i.e. that they do not trust the offensive line as currently constructed to adequately protect him and that because he IS the franchise QB they are not willing to risk his health by putting him on the field..............then given a company public line that is reasoned and workable.......I'll say yes he will play nice without the sideways comments.

The O-line IS an insult to all that walk the earth fly in the sky and swim the seas!! What difference does it make if guys who have no business playing in the league are made to realize it? What are they going to do stop blocking on running or passing plays? By that measure they are already insulted. As for the other players doesn't he have to get a doctors' clearance? Then coaches comfort with his readiness? Ready or not who says it has to be done and all with RGIII's compliance to boot.

You realize Im going to disagree on both right??

1. As bad as Kirk has looked. I dont think Rg3 simply plays the good son if he is cleared. No matter how bad Kirk has looked, the longer he is in there, the more the coaches get a look at him. I dont think he would want to risk the coaches thinking... we can fix the turn over issues and aside from that Kirk is the perfect guy to do what we actually wan to do with the offense.

2. If they shelf RG3 to protect him, I think not only the o-line, but every other guy on the 53 man SHOULD be insulted. Think of it this way, your boss has a favorite employee. In order to protect that employee (whom he already pays alot more than you) the boss decides he is only going to give this favorite the easy to complete assignments while subjecting the rest of your TEAM to what ever happens to be the types of projects that get guys fired. Would you then feel any reason to go above and beyond for said named boss knowing that he views you as less valuable and more expendable??

Darrell Green Fan

The Voice of Reason
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why in the world would you sit Griffin if he is healthy? Especially with the backup shitting the bed in the second half when his team needs him the most? He needs to play as soon as he is health and not a minute sooner. He is your starter. He gives your team the best chance to win and they need to not only develop him but also evaluate him

As for Gruden's offense nobody seems to notice but he ran the read option on the very first play and again in the first drive in game 2. To say that Gruden is stubbornly not using Griff as he should be is not cast in stone just yet. He seems to be adjusting his scheme to fit his player's skill and that's what a coach should do.