• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

so ... what now?

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm spitballing here about Ramirez without really looking.

I'm guessing maybe the contenders/shoppers might not be in the market for a SS batting .220-.230ish???

Alexei has had a pretty down year at the plate. I mean he notoriously starts out slow, but usually picks it up as the weather gets warmer. So far, that hasn't happened this year and a prospective shopper may want more pop with a SS right now.

i'll spitball too. the sox ask for too much and so give up on getting his real value. i'd guess teams would love to have him. if you think washington wouldn't want him ... or arizona .... then you aren't paying attention. look at what they have .... then look at ramirez's career numbers.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'll spitball too. the sox ask for too much and so give up on getting his real value. i'd guess teams would love to have him. if you think washington wouldn't want him ... or arizona .... then you aren't paying attention. look at what they have .... then look at ramirez's career numbers.

How do those teams benefit from Ramirez's production from 2008-2010? He's clearly on a steep career downslide. His best year was his rookie year.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
it's a common dilemma. if a player plays well you want to keep him and only then are other teams interested. if he plays poorly you want to trade him but no one else would want him. only it doesn't work that way. ramirez has a solid history. when teams are trading they are hoping a change of scenery will restore that player to his previous self. in this case, since the sox don't really need him, he's available and other teams weak at short who are contenders will take that chance.

in your example you are not really accurate. if the sox were contenders and needed a shortstop ... i would certainly NOT rage against it.

and yes, i was ok ... as most sox fans were .... but at some point you have to recognize you were wrong. for one, i was totally against getting laroche and i was also FOR acquiring a catcher, which didn't happen. the re-acquisition of beckham drove me up a tree as i KNEW he become a major problem. RV cannot resist playing him. i'll get an argument on this but i believe he's a factor in gillaspie's poor showing .... having to look over his shoulder ever day and we end up with as piece of garbage that can't hit .200. throw in the fact that the sox have one of the worst managers in sox history and i'm not totally amazed at their current plight. these are rather large gaps in this team. and did we really expect abreu would be the same? pitchers are finding his weaknesses (and he sure has them) even tho he's still very good. did we really expect garcia was a superstar that just hadn't had a healthy chance yet. garcia is still a year or two away and not nearly as good as everyone had hoped.

fans still think this is a good team when clearly it's not ... regardless what anyone thought at the start of the season. and it's why the sox should be making moves now for its future's sake. ramirez is not for the future of this team. why keep him until he is actually and truly worthless?

Some good points here, just saying Ramirez wasn't going to bring much back, so it didn't matter much if they dealt him. Sox do need to make more moves, catcher is probably the first thing to address for sure.