• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So we are a .500 team again

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dean didn't even give credit to Cousins on that play as evidenced by his take on that play:

Even Quick had to adjust to the ball on that last drive.
he got crushed on that play and he is bitching about a perfect throw

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what happened on the play before that to quick . if KC doesnt make that throw there is no dox catch

I already said it was a good throw and good catch by Quick. But saying KC made a good throw to Doc is just saying that Doc didnt make a great catch. That catch made the play

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I already said it was a good throw and good catch by Quick. But saying KC made a good throw to Doc is just saying that Doc didnt make a great catch. That catch made the play
the throw was good and the catch was great . . that is how it is

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
http://www.redskins.com/videos/HIGH...ng_Catch/64fea55d-1cf5-43b0-a664-2188f51864e7

Here is the Doctson pass. Notice when KC releases the ball, Doctson is even with the defender...he didn't have him beat.

Also, notice where Doctson is regarding position on the field. After KC releases the ball, Doctson actually moves closer to the sideline before having to track back inside for the diving catch. Had Doctson remained on his original path, it likely would have been a pass he could catch in stride.

http://www.redskins.com/videos/HIGH...Yard_Run/0da44574-32a9-4dbe-9617-838e5e59b5a2

This is the Brian Quick reception. It was a perfect pass. Notice KC can't set up and has to loft it without stepping into it. Had he thrown it inside, Kam Chancellor would have broke it up.

Dean...look at the Doctson play again. Read what I wrote so you know what to look for.

As for Quick...you didn't really think it was a good pass. Look what you wrote on post 55. Look at my commentary on that throw as well so you know what to look for.

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't even start with me MR. excuse. Doctston deserves all the credit on that play. The way you and others talk says that KC was right on target. Doc had his man beat. IF he doesn't make that play that would of have been on KC. IF he drops the ball of course you would blame Doc and not KC for the throw. That is just a given. To this day you guys don't realize that was one of the greatest catches in Redskins history.

I don't think KC was on target per se. He certainly wasn't off-target though. I do think I would've placed the blame on Doctson had he not caught that pass. Just like you and a whole bunch of others did blaming Doctson for not catching what was a far more difficult catch in the KC game.

Doctson was drafted, at least this is what I've come to believe, to make catches like he did against the Hawks and to make that catch that he didn't against KC.

And really, you need to calm down on the hyperbole. Was it a great catch, sure, w/o question. One of the greatest catches in Redskins history though. Lets pump the brakes on that and see how the season plays out first. Cuz I'll bet you any amount of money in the world. That if the Skins finish the year at 8-8 or whatever and miss the playoffs. That catch will lose a whole bunch of significance for you. If the Skins do make the playoffs this year though. That play will very likely loom large as a reason why.

And by any measurement, it was a damn good pass by Kirk. If for no other reason than the situation at the time he made the throw and the fact that. The pass gave Doctson and only Doctson the opportunity to make a play.

Personally I love the fact that in the most necessary time of the game. Kirk came up aces with not one, but 2 big plays.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think KC was on target per se. He certainly wasn't off-target though. I do think I would've placed the blame on Doctson had he not caught that pass. Just like you and a whole bunch of others did blaming Doctson for not catching what was a far more difficult catch in the KC game.

Doctson was drafted, at least this is what I've come to believe, to make catches like he did against the Hawks and to make that catch that he didn't against KC.

And really, you need to calm down on the hyperbole. Was it a great catch, sure, w/o question. One of the greatest catches in Redskins history though. Lets pump the brakes on that and see how the season plays out first. Cuz I'll bet you any amount of money in the world. That if the Skins finish the year at 8-8 or whatever and miss the playoffs. That catch will lose a whole bunch of significance for you. If the Skins do make the playoffs this year though. That play will very likely loom large as a reason why.

And by any measurement, it was a damn good pass by Kirk. If for no other reason than the situation at the time he made the throw and the fact that. The pass gave Doctson and only Doctson the opportunity to make a play.

Personally I love the fact that in the most necessary time of the game. Kirk came up aces with not one, but 2 big plays.

Is it possible the catch was made to look great because Doctson allowed himself to be pushed further toward the sideline rather than run a straight line where he was headed?

Breed

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it possible the catch was made to look great because Doctson allowed himself to be pushed further toward the sideline rather than run a straight line where he was headed?

I think the catch was great regardless of the circumstances of the route Doctson ran or if he gave up any positioning that he shouldn't of etc. I saw Cuz interviewed by someone later that day and he said. He put the ball in a place where he felt only Doctson could make a play on it. I see no reason to doubt that or call it into question so based on that criteria. It was a great pass and achieved exactly what Kirk hoped it would. That being Doctson as the only player on the field who had an opportunity to make a play on the ball.

What strikes me as freakin odd is that whether its true or not. My biggest gripe with Kirk is what I see as failure on Kirk's part to deliver at a critical point in a game. I think he's doing a good job of that this year and the only game I think where he outright failed to deliver when given an opportunity was in the 1st Philly game.

A lotta KC doubters claim their biggest gripe with Cuz is the same as mine OK, if that's true than they should have NO problem with Kirk's game Sunday. Because while he didn't have a great game overall. He had a great 2 plays when he needed to have a great 2 plays the most.

This is what's crackalackin right here. From Kirk's mouth to God's ear.

Chemistry coming for Redskins' Cousins and Doctson

Minutes after a deep pass to Josh Doctson put the Washington Redskins in position to score the game-winning touchdown, Kirk Cousins had a message for the second-year receiver.

"Let's make sure this isn't a one-and-done thing," Cousins told Doctson. "Let's make sure this is a repeatable thing and something that people expect to have happen not just next week, not just this season, but hopefully for seasons to come."

Cousins is well on his way to making big plays repeatable not only with Doctson, but new receivers Terrelle Pryor and Brian Quick. Washington's starting quarterback this year has often relied on receivers he used to go to during previous seasons, but the chemistry is developing with all of them. That comfort level could make the passing attack even more dangerous.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I said it before and I'll repeat. Any pass that goes 40+ yards in the air and the receiver, and only the receiver, can get 2 hands on it is a good pass. This notion that if one declares that KC's pass was good means that Doctson's catch was not a good catch is nonsense (I realize that is not your position, but @deanpet21 ). Both can happen. It can be a good pass and a good catch. Dean just cannot give KC any credit whatsoever. But yet he is objective, so he says.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am not saying the Doctson catch wasn't great. I am saying the reason it needed to be a great catch is after the ball was released from KC's hands, Josh Doctson ran slightly toward the sideline instead of upfield causing him to run a farther distance. This made the pass appear to be overthrown by more than it was. The reason he had to dive was because he ran outside before diving back.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the throw was good and the catch was great . . that is how it is

no. if you say the throw is good you are taking away from what doc did. that is how it is.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First, the KC game drop was an easier catch than the Seattle game. All Doc had to do was to put his second hand on the ball to secure the catch while he was going to the ground. The Seattle game was much more difficult b/c he was diving and fully extended. Plus he hit the ground hard and he had to secure the ball going to the ground. Three things had to happened instead of one. Much more difficult when you are diving and fully extended.

Give me another example in that same situation that trumps that catch? Yes it was one of the greatest in our long history b/c of the difficulty and the situation. If it was a "damn good pass" by KC then why did Doc have to dive and fully extend for the ball? that doesn't make sense. If it was a "damn good pass" by KC the ball hits Doc in his hands while running.

Call a spade a spade. The play was the catch not the throw.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said it before and I'll repeat. Any pass that goes 40+ yards in the air and the receiver, and only the receiver, can get 2 hands on it is a good pass. This notion that if one declares that KC's pass was good means that Doctson's catch was not a good catch is nonsense (I realize that is not your position, but @deanpet21 ). Both can happen. It can be a good pass and a good catch. Dean just cannot give KC any credit whatsoever. But yet he is objective, so he says.

Not nonsense when KC himself gave all the credit to Doc on that play.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it was a "damn good pass" by KC then why did Doc have to dive and fully extend for the ball? that doesn't make sense. If it was a "damn good pass" by KC the ball hits Doc in his hands while running.

*Richard hat on*

If Doctson was a smidge faster, thats a walk off TD provided he catches it. Cousins put the ball where the only person who could make a play on it was Doctson. Thats the thing you dont get Dean, on one is trying to take away from the play Doctson made. But you are trying to spin the narrative that it was some how a poor throw and only the X-men like mutant abilities of Doctson made the play. Let you tell it, any one on the planet could have made such a gawd awful throw when throwing to El-Nature freak.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
*Richard hat on*

If Doctson was a smidge faster, thats a walk off TD provided he catches it. Cousins put the ball where the only person who could make a play on it was Doctson. Thats the thing you dont get Dean, on one is trying to take away from the play Doctson made. But you are trying to spin the narrative that it was some how a poor throw and only the X-men like mutant abilities of Doctson made the play. Let you tell it, any one on the planet could have made such a gawd awful throw when throwing to El-Nature freak.

Not one WR on our roster could of made that play except for Doc. Doc had his man beat. He was open. Saying it was a good throw by Kc takes away from Doc's great catch. Its just that simple. Im not bashing KC. Just give credit where credit is due

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Basic football - When running a sideline go route the WR should try to stay inside by a few yards so he gives the QB room to throw the ball without throwing him outside. Good corner play is to edge the WR as close to the sideline as possible in an effort to use it as a second defender and give both the QB and WR the least amount of room to maneuver as possible. I think the CB played it well. When Cousin's released the ball at best Doctson was dead even with the CB. Cousin's threw the ball (and he later said he thought he overthrew it) to a spot that allowed Dox to make a play. Yes not an easy catch. I think all three of the players mentioned executed well. Cousin's threw the ball where only Doctson could catch it because the coverage was good and Doctson made a hell of a catch and a very valuable 5 yard slide. Why would anyone try to diminish any one of these three guys efforts?

I saw something about the throw to Quick on the preceding play was only okay. Did you see Cousin's was about a 1/4 of a second from being leveled by a very large man. Again, good play by the QB and the WR. Anyone that is bitching about either of these plays just has no clue.