• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So we all agree then? Russell Wilson should make at least ONE more dollar than Luck?

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We agree right?

I mean he has had a better career,

Oh right right, the only reason Russell Wilson has a far better passer rating, is because he has a great defense.

That, is some logic, let me tell you.

Oh right right wait. Russell Wilson has a far better line and WRs? No, he doesn't.

So, we all agree right?

One more dollar? At least?

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the NFL needs Luck to be the best new QB since Manning and Brady.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no.

"eli manning is worth more than peyton manning"

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's numbers from the pocket aren't all world like he is out of the pocket. That's at the core, why people so adamantly differentiate Luck and Wilson. Neither are run first, but fans in general seem to trust Luck from the pocket much, much more than Wilson.

Luck will be a much richer contract just for inflation, but a debate as to which one is actually better? That's going to take some splicing and dicing as the forces at play are very different. Only vaguely comparable.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's numbers from the pocket aren't all world like he is out of the pocket. That's at the core, why people so adamantly differentiate Luck and Wilson. Neither are run first, but fans in general seem to trust Luck from the pocket much, much more than Wilson.

Luck will be a much richer contract just for inflation, but a debate as to which one is actually better? That's going to take some splicing and dicing as the forces at play are very different. Only vaguely comparable.
this

100%

NEhomer

Hoopla Cash
$ 944.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one thing they have in common is teflon. Both are forgiven their mistakes.

Consider Brady getting trounced 45-7 in the AFCCG or tossing that same SB losing pick that Wilson did. Are we still blaming the coaches?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Consider Brady getting trounced 45-7 in the AFCCG or tossing that same SB losing pick that Wilson did. Are we still blaming the coaches?

You do realize they both just finished their 3rd season, right?

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wilson's numbers from the pocket aren't all world like he is out of the pocket. .

These stats are after his 2nd season. I have to look to see if I can find last year's numbers.

INSIDE THE POCKET

322 attempts
213 completions
2,568 yards
20 TDs
5 INTs
66.1 completion percentage
8.0 yards per attempt
6.2 TD percentage
1.6 INT percentage
104.7 passer rating

OUTSIDE OF THE POCKET

153 attempts
87 completions
1,313 yards
9 TDs
4 INTs
56.9 completion percentage
8.6 yards per attempt
5.9 TD percentage
2.6 INT percentage
93.9 passer rating

Now, granted, his outside the pocket numbers are extremely good compared to other QBs outside the pocket where things get pretty scary. But his inside the pocket numbers are pretty darn good.

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
We signed our'n - don't care about your'n and I don't give a phuk what you think about our'n

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't give Wilson anymore then 16-18 mill. He isn't anything special. Seattle wins because of the D. He has no pressure on him to perform. I think the smart move for seattle is to let him walk if he really wants 25 mill.

Broncosballer32

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

First of all, Brady never gets pegged as being one of the bigger chokers considering he led a 18-0 team and lost to team who they had just scored 38 points on a few weeks before, and only scored 14 points with what was essentially the best talent he ever had around him AND to that point the best passing offense in NFL history AND the best scoring offense in NFL history. IF Brady loses his 3rd SB in a row, it would be very difficult to get past the fact that he threw two crucial ints in the super bowl this year, including a horrible one in the red zone. Hence, the reason Edleman should have been MVP and NOT Brady. His last drive, while efficient, did not throw a pass that traveled over 10 yard in the air. It was a classical dink and dunk drive. Hey, whatever.,

Russell Wilson did not make a bad pass or read. It was simply a great pick. Sometimes, the int is not on the quarterback. That, DB made a great play. It was the right read by Wilson, even a decent pass. So, that is why Wilson does not really get the blame.

BUT......

I saw a lot of people blaming Wilson. A lot of people. I am not sure why you say he didn't. He was crushed by many people.

Then again, Luck.....is still looked at as this great QB and he is protected with excuse after excuse.

As I have mentioned, Luck's passer rating career is like 86 or something. With better WRs than Wilson had, and a better OL.

Russell Wilson has a career 98 rating, and it is far better than Luck's in the play offs.

Passer rating, ok. Passer.....rating.

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No Wilson shouldn't be paid more than Luck. When/if Seattle caves in and makes Willson the highest paid QB Luck will top him before the ink on his,contract is dry.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
These stats are after his 2nd season. I have to look to see if I can find last year's numbers.

INSIDE THE POCKET

322 attempts
213 completions
2,568 yards
20 TDs
5 INTs
66.1 completion percentage
8.0 yards per attempt
6.2 TD percentage
1.6 INT percentage
104.7 passer rating

OUTSIDE OF THE POCKET

153 attempts
87 completions
1,313 yards
9 TDs
4 INTs
56.9 completion percentage
8.6 yards per attempt
5.9 TD percentage
2.6 INT percentage
93.9 passer rating

Now, granted, his outside the pocket numbers are extremely good compared to other QBs outside the pocket where things get pretty scary. But his inside the pocket numbers are pretty darn good.

Acknowledged, I'll just say I was just as much speaking about general sentiment as compared to my own opinions. Just an observation from reading many Luck v Wilson arguments on this board, and just in general. It was not my intent to portray Wilson as poor in the pocket per se. I will without much doubt say Wilson's acumen out of the pocket makes him much, much more difficult to defend as compared to say Eli Manning.

es4m11

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck over Wilson for me. I really like what Wilson does for Seattle, he is a great player in his own right, but Luck shoulders more responsibility in Indy. Wilson has the best defense of the past decade and Lynch to lean on, Luck has had no running game and a mediocre at best defense. Not trying to discredit Wilson at all, he is great and worth the money he will get. I think Luck has a higher ceiling.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh good this argument again.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Wasn't Peyton trounced in similar fashion in a super bowl? I'm pretty sure he has been forgiving

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Luck over Wilson for me. I really like what Wilson does for Seattle, he is a great player in his own right, but Luck shoulders more responsibility in Indy. Wilson has the best defense of the past decade and Lynch to lean on, Luck has had no running game and a mediocre at best defense. Not trying to discredit Wilson at all, he is great and worth the money he will get. I think Luck has a higher ceiling.
YEP....I'd draft Luck for my team over Wilson. Sensible people would understand the reasoning.
Funny part to me is Wilson might be my favorite player not playing for my team

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Acknowledged, I'll just say I was just as much speaking about general sentiment as compared to my own opinions. Just an observation from reading many Luck v Wilson arguments on this board, and just in general. It was not my intent to portray Wilson as poor in the pocket per se. I will without much doubt say Wilson's acumen out of the pocket makes him much, much more difficult to defend as compared to say Eli Manning.

I didn't mean to suggest you were criticizing Wilson.

DHoey

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,893.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, WTF does "a higher ceiling" even mean? Russ has been to 2 super bowls in 3 years. He's won the most games of any quarterback EVER through 3 years, so where is his "ceiling"? Lots of quarterbacks have "high ceilings" right? Jeff George, Andre Ware, Cam Newton, Mike Vick, blah blah blah.
And the Hawks having a run game and the Colts not is who's fault? Let's all fall in love with numbers cause we all know where that gets you

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously, WTF does "a higher ceiling" even mean? Russ has been to 2 super bowls in 3 years. He's won the most games of any quarterback EVER through 3 years, so where is his "ceiling"? Lots of quarterbacks have "high ceilings" right? Jeff George, Andre Ware, Cam Newton, Mike Vick, blah blah blah.
And the Hawks having a run game and the Colts not is who's fault? Let's all fall in love with numbers cause we all know where that gets you

All those supposed weaknesses around Luck (RB and D, dont you dare try to tell me his line and WR's aren't light years better then Wilsons) allow for him to put up ungodly numbers. His counting stats were great but lets not ignore the fact that he threw the ball a bajillion times. Anyway I like Luck, I think he's a great QB. I know that RW has been to two superbowls and has one ring, I know that RW's passer rating in/out in the middle behind anywhere nera the pocket is great... AND I know Lucks taller then Wilson.

But honestly, during RW's contract negotiation, I dont want this stuff out there. He's just a short game manager. now sign the damn contrtact!