• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So.. time to start talking QB in the draft??

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course this position was supposed to be solved with the ASS trade

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't mind trying to get him but it would need to be with very late pick.

He won't be on the board past the second round, more likely gone in the mid to late first.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course hes gonna say that before the heisman ceremony

Well winning the Heisman would kinda make you think that you're the best player in football, right? Maybe it's his competitive nature to want to prove that he knows like Bo knew!

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not going there , but if you keep giving me trouble then you know what can happen , now if you want to stick to football then have at it

of course you wont @skinsdad62, because the truth I speak is well, the truth. I'll be happy to stick to REDSKINS fan football as long as you do...and, not because your said "vendetta".

FYI...there are more WBC members than your said ABCers...what does that tell you?...it's like 4>2

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really don't see how he will be able to do it after signing the MLB contract

That contract doesn't guarantee a spot in the show. He's likely going to be riding a lot of busses with a minor league team. Trust me, I know this as fact!

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
of course you wont @skinsdad62, because the truth I speak is well, the truth. I'll be happy to stick to REDSKINS fan football as long as you do...and, not because your said "vendetta".

FYI...there are more WBC members than your said ABCers...what does that tell you?...it's like 4>2

well keep on going then , your choice

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just a terrible injury to Alex, and the situation it will leave this team in 2019. I say go with Colt, and draft a QB 2nd or 3rd round to groom for 2020.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone with foresight would have looked at a guy 34 yrs old , in decline , and the potential for injury and could have anticipated this scenario

i am fairly certain this was .brought up by critics of the trade and ignored by the kool aid drinkers

the 1st thing that should have happened is we kept our qb

short of that we had other options open to us in FA or the draft

instead the FO pannicked , overpaid in a trade making us weaker at 2 positions and now no salary cap room to fix it

and guess what , we are looking at being the same (slim ) or worse (likely ) then we were last season

things i was assured wouldnt happen with the qb we got who was playing sub par at qb to begin with

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just a terrible injury to Alex, and the situation it will leave this team in 2019. I say go with Colt, and draft a QB 2nd or 3rd round to groom for 2020.

I would support this plan if Colt wasn't so damned injury prone. Throwing a youngster into the game when he's not fully prepared is a recipe for disaster.

I also believe that whomever the back-up is going to be his skillset must be similar to the starter and that skillset must also match that of the new draftee.

deanpet21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
anyone with foresight would have looked at a guy 34 yrs old , in decline , and the potential for injury and could have anticipated this scenario

i am fairly certain this was .brought up by critics of the trade and ignored by the kool aid drinkers

instead the FO pannicked , overpaid in a trade making us weaker at 2 positions and now no salary cap room to fix it

and guess what , we are looking at being the same (slim ) or worse (likely ) then we were last season

things i was assured wouldnt happen with the qb we got who was playing sub par at qb to begin with

So the FO knew Smith would break his leg and have complications from surgery that will keep in out most of 2019. lol. wow Skinsdad. That is just pure hate there. Lets see what Johnson can do.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Kirk was lost after negotiation failed following the 2015 season. I said so then and that's exactly what happened.

We should have traded him when the opportunity to get something in return was there.

I never agreed with trading for Smith as you know, I had another plan that at this point would have left us with a player in reserve that was being groomed to start/play in 2019.

Finally, I don't get why you guys are still debating an issue that was settled years ago. If there's any blame to go after our front office for, it's in failing to get value for Kirk and in the acquisition of Smith. Following ole' Sty's plan and we're optimistically looking forward instead of rehashing what was.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the FO knew Smith would break his leg and have complications from surgery that will keep in out most of 2019. lol. wow Skinsdad. That is just pure hate there. Lets see what Johnson can do.
please dean , stop with the foolishness , the older you get the chance for injury and the recovery times become greater

same with colt but sometimes you have to think about what could go wrong before weakening the team AT CB and giving up a young resource

the injury scenario was brought up by critics of the trade and summarily dismissed by people who supported the ASS trade

fact is he was among the worst performing qbs this season before the injury and went back to HIS CDC ways as also predicted by critics and dismissed

now we need a qb , possibly 2 cbs , 2 OGS , an OLB an ILB and a safety and perhaps 2 wrs and limited resources do to 2 poor trades

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would support this plan if Colt wasn't so damned injury prone. Throwing a youngster into the game when he's not fully prepared is a recipe for disaster.

I also believe that whomever the back-up is going to be his skillset must be similar to the starter and that skillset must also match that of the new draftee.

he is. but, looking into the 2019 crystal ball at this point that's all I see...but, as we all know things can change quickly in this league.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only real hope you have is that CDC heals up and plays . . maybe he can elevate his play from 28th ranked qb to 25th

Mitziman

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the only real hope you have is that CDC heals up and plays . . maybe he can elevate his play from 28th ranked qb to 25th

If Alex never plays another game for the Redskins, he will have a better winning % than Kirk as our starting QB. Alex was brought in to win football games in Washington, and he was doing that.