• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, thoughts on that debacle

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Horrendous officiating aside, for both sides:

Our D looked like complete shit. Salvador had one of his worst games as a Devil, penalties by Zids, Greene and Tallinder led to 3 goals. Marty was hung out to dry all night.

Zubrus looks lost half the time. He needs to plug in this year.

Kovy needs to start putting some pucks in the net. That's two games in a row now where HIS GUY has scored. You need to balance that out with some scoring pal.

Shorthanded goals killed us, but it's not like we couldn't have done the same to them. We had plenty of PP chances and didn't capitalize on them.

The Bernier-Gionta-Carter line was awesome as was Clarkson.

Aside from them and Marty, it was a bad game all around. I'm hoping DeBoer skates them into the ground at the next practice, Gordon Bombay/Herb Brooks style.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree but thought Marty made some moronic decisions tonight. Some cost the team in goals and other blunders caused his team to scramble and take penalties.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D lost this one no doubt even though Marty wasnt on like usual..horrribbbbble play from all of the blue liners tonight. Zid is such a liability on the PP when the puck gets by him. He got bailed out bigtime by Grabner hitting the post late in the 3rd.

Isles always play us tough..and they are much better this year then in years past. Hard to get that nuts with OT/SO losses. Honestly I figured we were done after the Streit goal.

Henrique looked great even before the goal. Putting 4 in the net will win us a lot of games , but if we play D like that on Saturday we'll give up 9 goals to PIT.

Gotta tighten that shit up! And thats on coaching.

TiLoBrown

Way too mad about Rep!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts? Fuck the refs!

Nasty_Magician

Team Player
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but thought Marty made some moronic decisions tonight. Some cost the team in goals and other blunders caused his team to scramble and take penalties.

I'll give you that. I'll take Marty off the pedestal for that game.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Have to score on the powerplay I dont understand how other teams can make cross ice passes and we can't? Elias one time that please in overtime!

If we had a decent pp we would be 6-0

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Hate blaming him because like you pointed out there were plenty of problems.
We are used to Marty being flawless playing the puck and tonight not so much.

Defense was bad.
Zids is slow getting back but Grabner probably burns every Devils defenseman on that same play. Best bet is Tallinder with that long reach poking the puck away somehow.

rp2five

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
PP has to get on a roll.
Elias had some great chance in that OT.

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ugh, everyone in the building knew we were so effed once that OT penalty happened.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup... i was like, we're done once we got that penalty in OT....

Larsson, thanks buddy!

ugly game that we could've stole. NYI are playing very well TBH, but damn it.

HEy, at least we're still undefeated! LOL

MCDevils

NJ Devils: Sweden West
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
yup... i was like, we're done once we got that penalty in OT....

Larsson, thanks buddy!

ugly game that we could've stole. NYI are playing very well TBH, but damn it.

HEy, at least we're still undefeated! LOL

It was Tallinder not Larsson.

Vortimous

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what was worse... the calls against us or the NON calls they didnt call on them. The high stick on Elias that wasnt called, then 40 seconds later they scored goal # 3 or 4 (dont remember). It was the non power play goal they had. Hell they had 3 PP goals tonight... Thought the OT call was complete BS. They were calling some terrible calls against us and some non calls for the islanders.... Although there first penalty was a bad call by the ref.... what was their goalie suppose to do? He had his stick down on the ice and clarkson skates into it and trips??? How is that the goalies fault... but then again our "great" PP didnt do anything anyway...

I agree with Cup, if our PP was worth a damn we would be 6-0 right now....

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont know what was worse... the calls against us or the NON calls they didnt call on them. The high stick on Elias that wasnt called, then 40 seconds later they scored goal # 3 or 4 (dont remember). It was the non power play goal they had. Hell they had 3 PP goals tonight... Thought the OT call was complete BS. They were calling some terrible calls against us and some non calls for the islanders.... Although there first penalty was a bad call by the ref.... what was their goalie suppose to do? He had his stick down on the ice and clarkson skates into it and trips??? How is that the goalies fault... but then again our "great" PP didnt do anything anyway...

I agree with Cup, if our PP was worth a damn we would be 6-0 right now....

The worst was when Carter and I think it was Aucoin were going for the icing touchup and it looked like the ref called the Isles player for a trip or interference on Carter (pointed to him with his hand up signaling a penalty and all) meanwhile the ref on the other side called the icing when the Isles player touched it and a faceoff in the Devils end followed.

Im surprised Chico and Cangi didnt bring that up in the broadcast. It was blatant.

SJ20

F U Kovy/Parise
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible officiating, and even worse towards our team.
Marty looked like a goalie who can't handle the puck but did so anyway.
John Tavares is just a boss.
Glad that Henrique scored a goal.

CalamityX11

49ersDevilsYanksNets
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Terrible officiating, and even worse towards our team.
Marty looked like a goalie who can't handle the puck but did so anyway.
John Tavares is just a boss.
Glad that Henrique scored a goal.

Yeah, as a hockey fan, that Tavares breakaway-ish goal was freakin sweet IMO. I was like oh sh*t, no chance for Marty on that one. Good freakin score Tavares.

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i'm not sure what marty was doing though on that breakaway goal. salvador was coming inside on tavares why is marty taking the same approach?

larrson did have that tip but thats the way it goes. what i did like was that sweet little slap pass to carter in what setup the first goal. normal devils defenseman would've thrown that puck down into the corner. larrson didnt get the assist on it (4th touch)

nj_cup

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
you know marty will get the start in pitt. i would say start moose on sunday on nyi