• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So, they roped me in for another one...

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My buddy needed to fill a spot in his league and I can't say no. 12 team PPR, starts QB, 2 RBs, 2 WRs, TE, 1 flex (R/W/T), K, DEF and 7 bench. We keep 1 player from the year before and lose the spot you drafted them in. We can only keep a player for 1 consecutive year, but since I am new, I can keep anyone I want. I think he said I am picking 4th. I still don't know the rounds I have attached to all of my players (I will update when I get that info), but here is the roster.

QB - Mahomes (He thinks I can keep him for a 5th, but we're checking), Derek Carr
RB - Jacobs, Gordon, M. Mack, L. Murray, J. Williams (DET)
WR - Landry, Kirk, Tyrell Williams, Jeffery
TE - Hollister, Knox

So, my guess is that my only real options are Mahomes, Jacobs and maybe Gordon, depending on where he was drafted. He may have been a late round stash or something.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems my friend likes to smoke crack before he pitches a new fantasy league to his friends. I can keep Mahomes for a 2nd or Josh Jacobs for a 4th. Gordon would be a 1st, so he's out. Jarvis Landry would be a 5th, Kirk would be a 7th. The only other guy I see who I would even think of considering might be Latavius Murray at an 8th. But that would only be if Kamara ends up holding out or something. We declare on Monday and I think a lot would have to happen for that to be considered.

So, pretty much, Mahomes for a 2nd or Jacobs for a 4th.

And I do pick 4th. I could land a pretty nice player there since you can't keep a player for more than 1 year. I know CMAC will be thrown back in the pool. Not sure about anyone else.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems my friend likes to smoke crack before he pitches a new fantasy league to his friends. I can keep Mahomes for a 2nd or Josh Jacobs for a 4th. Gordon would be a 1st, so he's out. Jarvis Landry would be a 5th, Kirk would be a 7th. The only other guy I see who I would even think of considering might be Latavius Murray at an 8th. But that would only be if Kamara ends up holding out or something. We declare on Monday and I think a lot would have to happen for that to be considered.

So, pretty much, Mahomes for a 2nd or Jacobs for a 4th.

And I do pick 4th. I could land a pretty nice player there since you can't keep a player for more than 1 year. I know CMAC will be thrown back in the pool. Not sure about anyone else.

I would say HELL YES to keeping Jacobs for a 4th. I would be hesitate from keeping Mahomes for a 2nd...I would just have to see the top choices for BPA and where you are in the draft order.

Yeah, I don't see anyone else keeper worthy.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say HELL YES to keeping Jacobs for a 4th. I would be hesitate from keeping Mahomes for a 2nd...I would just have to see the top choices for BPA and where you are in the draft order.

Yeah, I don't see anyone else keeper worthy.
We only keep 1 and I'm guessing a decent amount of the top guys can't be kept again, but I am not 100% sure. I pick 4th. I don't think it is out of the question that I could have a shot at someone like Zeke or Barkley, maybe even CMac.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We only keep 1 and I'm guessing a decent amount of the top guys can't be kept again, but I am not 100% sure. I pick 4th. I don't think it is out of the question that I could have a shot at someone like Zeke or Barkley, maybe even CMac.

Hmm...I feel like Jacobs in the 4th is a HUGE steal but that's just me. I would say lean Jacobs. Mahomes is still nice for a late 2nd but you get a top RB with your 1st rd you will need that 2nd/3rd for building WR depth imo.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I'd keep Jacobs in the fourth. Seems like the most logical choice to me and I'm not even a fan of his.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jacobs only gets my vote unless you really want to own Mahommes. That's your call. I drafted him at the end of the 2nd in the draft I just did and that's seems to be where he's going in most from what I've seen. It's really just a matter of whether you want to be weak at wide receiver and have the best quarterback or not be as weak at wide receiver. Since Jacobs is your 4th round keeper, if you go RB in the 1st and Mahommes in the 2nd, then you almost have to go wide receiver in the 3rd or just screw it and get one of the top tight ends also in the 3rd so you could have 2 top 10 running backs, the best quarterback, and a top 2 tight end, but then you'd be behind the 8 ball at wide receiver. Now granted wide receiver is a lot deeper than the other positions, so it's not like there won't be any there in round 5 and up, it's completely up to you as to how you want to construct your roster as to whether you are okay with that.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I only keep 1. So Jacobs for my 4th or Mahomes for my 2nd.

The original motivation for asking the question was when i thought Mahomes would cost me a 5th, honestly. I will most likely keep Jacobs for a 4th.