• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So NOOWWW can we get off the ideal of bringing in Talib already???

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I want snaps played earned incentives as a large chunk of the deal. Ten per for a healthy Talib is a bargain, though.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I want snaps played earned incentives as a large chunk of the deal. Ten per for a healthy Talib is a bargain, though.

No it's not. Grimes was ranked higher than Talib last season. He was the second ranked corner actually which blows your "Grimes has never even been in the discussion" statement out of the water. So if Grimes was better and played every game (something Talib hasn't done a single time in his career), why would Talib get paid more? Oh, and like Shark said...he's sitting on two strikes.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And the contract I proposed addresses both of those concerns. Talib is much better than grimes.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What experts? You're using an average metric like it's truth.

ehb5

HTTR
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talib is without a doubt better. Thats not just me. Aside from the highly questionable PFF Talib is considered one of the top corners in the league and better than Grimes.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's a much better player.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sam Shields just got $9.75 million per year on a new deal. Talib is going to leave some one feeling like a Blonde in Darren Sharpers hotel room.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to hope for something like this

Get rak done on a long term deal
Resign riley
Sign Mitchell from Carolina
Sign a mid priced contract OT and OG

From there, let it ride and start looking at the draft and UDFA. Im fine if we finish 6-10 but start developing our own talent. My fear is we go hog wild in FA, get labeled the team to beat in the East, and proceed to still only finish 6-10.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Starting to hope for something like this

Get rak done on a long term deal
Resign riley
Sign Mitchell from Carolina
Sign a mid priced contract OT and OG

From there, let it ride and start looking at the draft and UDFA. Im fine if we finish 6-10 but start developing our own talent. My fear is we go hog wild in FA, get labeled the team to beat in the East, and proceed to still only finish 6-10.

What do you think of my FA haul in the other thread?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you think of my FA haul in the other thread?

That list could work. But I think we look at things a little differently. I actually would prefer to use this year for two purposes.

1. Continue developing our own
2. Bring in new talent of our own to develop.

So Im actually hoping that we DONT bring in a massive number of FA's. Although i know thats not likely.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That list could work. But I think we look at things a little differently. I actually would prefer to use this year for two purposes.

1. Continue developing our own
2. Bring in new talent of our own to develop.

So Im actually hoping that we DONT bring in a massive number of FA's. Although i know thats not likely.

That's mostly what I have. Almost everybody I want to bring in would be in competition for a starting job with the players we are developing. The only proven player I want to sign is Malcolm Jenkins because he can play both SS and FS...I also think he's underrated. Everybody else I want to sign is young, haven't lived up to their draft status, and likely cheap but an upgrade to what we have now (sadly). The reason I want to bring in lower level guys is to find out what we have in some of our own such as Leribeus, Gettis, Minnifield, Thomas, and Rambo.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's mostly what I have. Almost everybody I want to bring in would be in competition for a starting job with the players we are developing. The only proven player I want to sign is Malcolm Jenkins because he can play both SS and FS...I also think he's underrated. Everybody else I want to sign is young, haven't lived up to their draft status, and likely cheap but an upgrade to what we have now (sadly). The reason I want to bring in lower level guys is to find out what we have in some of our own such as Leribeus, Gettis, Minnifield, Thomas, and Rambo.

I think the only things you and I actually disagree on are what Riley and rak should be paid, and RG3. But I dont think many Skins fans actually agree with me on the whole RG3 thing. LOL

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I read that too. For God's sake, please don't let us sign Talib.

As someone defending him, I wouldn't want him as you either. I absolutely want him in New England and feel he should be fairly compensated, but signing with you would tell me something different about his motivations than signing here would.

This may sound harsh, biased, unfair, whatever, but I don't think we are going to get in a bidding war for the guy. Resigning here would likely be a small amont below market value, and show he is committed to winning (or arguably loyalty for giving him redemption, or some other non-financial motivation) more than strictly profit. Signing with you would likely be for the money. Again, I like you guys, so not trying to be a dick, but the place you're in isn't one where it's likely anything but finances is what attracts him. A focused, driven Talib is a hell of a lot different than the version of him that sells out for an extra million or two. The former is a valuable asset; the latter, a potential headache and liability.

So I want him, but only if he stays. That may sound like playing both sides of the fence, but I think in this case it's the correct view. I would not want him as Washington.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM... I dont want him in Washington. Unless he came in for a deal worth LESS than what Hall got which I dont see happening. I have said all along i think he gets paid and does the Fat Albert flop. I know the Skins need at least one more CB, but I hope like hell its NOT Talib. Because I see that as a very very very very very very very VERY bad move for the Skins.

Did I mention I think it would be a VERY BAD MOVE for the Skins?? :)

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignoring the cost when you still have a lot of rebuilding to do, does my analysis of the difference in what his motives would be make sense?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ignoring the cost when you still have a lot of rebuilding to do, does my analysis of the difference in what his motives would be make sense?

I totally agree his motives would be money based for coming to the Skins. How ever, I look at the Pats and I see a team hanging onto glory years from a few years ago. the Pats to me are better than the Skins, but not as elite as they put on. They are quiet about it, but there are issues in that house.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After Brady they are one of the youngest teams in the league. The problems have already happened. They're restocked and ready for more.