• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So no moves?

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Skins don't seem to be active at the trade deadline at all. Which is strange

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Garçon and Chandler Jones are available. I've also heard Desean's name as well as Janoris Jenkins.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garcon is injured so that won't happen. Desean is a FA after this year (i think). SO it makes little sense to give up a draft pick to take him for 8 games. Plus, Richardson plays his spot.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeSean is on the hook for 10 next year, but it's not guaranteed. So I expect the buccs to part ways with him next year. Maybe that lowers his value. I'd love to see Peterson in here though. I think that would give us a defense we could legitimately contend with.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texans just picked up D. Thomas from the Broncos.

Hambombs

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DeSean is on the hook for 10 next year, but it's not guaranteed. So I expect the buccs to part ways with him next year. Maybe that lowers his value. I'd love to see Peterson in here though. I think that would give us a defense we could legitimately contend with.

Would love pAt Peterson but skins won't do anything of course

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles just got Golden Tate for a 3rd.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the better teams are looking for help and some have added help. The Redskins will sit on their hands and add no help. I'm not an advocate for spending resources (picks or players) to just make a move to keep up with the Jones' however, if it makes sense, you do it.
The Skins could use help right now at WR or CB for sure. They seem happy with Lavau's play at LG so be it. Not adding a true #1 WR is just being stubborn since this team does not have one. I truly believer numbers (Crowder and Quinn) along with Floyd, Richardson, Doctson and Harris are making the Skins believer they should sit tight but I disagree. I'm certain the Richardson money is also a factor. (he hasn't done much for all that money) If anything we add to our defense but I seriously doubt it!

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles just got Golden Tate for a 3rd.
So the "other" 2 teams in contention in the NFCE picked up Cooper and Tate respectively. I seriously thought the Eagles would pick up McCoy but alas.
Skins need to go get P. Peterson to add to the defense to combat those 2 moves.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McVay & the undefeated Rams pick up Dante Fowler for 2 picks. 2019 3rd rounder & 2020 5th rounder even though they have the likes of Suh, Donald etc...just wow!

chillerdab

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Golden Tate is a very good player. On the other hand, the Eagles are trading away a third rounder for a very good player they to replace Wallace, who wasn't that great a player everywhere but Pittsburgh.

The Eagles are also 1.5 games behind the redskins, and at present (of course things can change quickly) are competing with a number of teams for the wildcard.

The Eagles have both the Saints and Rams left to play on their schedule, and the texans.

To me, although Golden Tate is a very good player, he isn't going to help the Eagles that much. They still will have an underperforming defensive secondary and little to no running game. Wendell Smallwood? Ummmm..... no.

Bad move for them.

As for if the Redskins should have traded for him, I say "why?"
WR isn't the main problem, qb is.

If anything, it would have been great for the redskins to trade for a road-grading OG to solidify both their identity (running team that can stop the run), and help AP out.

They must have a lot of faith in Lavaou, etc.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the "other" 2 teams in contention in the NFCE picked up Cooper and Tate respectively. I seriously thought the Eagles would pick up McCoy but alas.
Skins need to go get P. Peterson to add to the defense to combat those 2 moves.

No they don't. Those type of moves are what fans would complain about in the past basically stating that the Redskins are trying to get the next sexy player or win off the field.

They made an effort to get Cooper but were not going to overpay like DAL which IMO is the correct move. Perhaps the same for some of these other players. I would love to have Peterson, but 1. the Cards have indicated that he is not on the block & 2. the trade price would likely be too steep. You don't mortgage your future when the picks could be the equivalent of the next Allen or Payne at a different position.

In terms of WR I truly believe that if they are going to improve on offense it mainly falls on if Smith improves. He may not, but I don't think that some just adequate WR is going to make a huge difference. Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make.

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
HA HA Clinton Dix? Would not have expected this move...

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clinton Dix to Skins - is this true?

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No they don't. Those type of moves are what fans would complain about in the past basically stating that the Redskins are trying to get the next sexy player or win off the field.

They made an effort to get Cooper but were not going to overpay like DAL which IMO is the correct move. Perhaps the same for some of these other players. I would love to have Peterson, but 1. the Cards have indicated that he is not on the block & 2. the trade price would likely be too steep. You don't mortgage your future when the picks could be the equivalent of the next Allen or Payne at a different position.

In terms of WR I truly believe that if they are going to improve on offense it mainly falls on if Smith improves. He may not, but I don't think that some just adequate WR is going to make a huge difference. Sometimes the best moves are the ones you don't make.
Um, yes they do and yes they did.