• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So many errors in one series

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Errors cost the Giants the win today. It was just a disgrace in the field.

I thought Crawford was a defensive player. He can't hit. If he is not fielding too then why is he on the team? He needs to get his fielding down.

Posey has to be on home plate for those throws. I hope he is not a head case when it comes to a play around the plate. 2 Errors for both of them today.

Pitching has been great at times and very poor at times. I hope it is just a quick fix of just going home and playing with the fans behind them.

There should not be a loss ever with this pitching staff if it is leading by 6 runs.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Errors cost the Giants the win today. It was just a disgrace in the field.

I thought Crawford was a defensive player. He can't hit. If he is not fielding too then why is he on the team? He needs to get his fielding down.

Posey has to be on home plate for those throws. I hope he is not a head case when it comes to a play around the plate. 2 Errors for both of them today.

Pitching has been great at times and very poor at times. I hope it is just a quick fix of just going home and playing with the fans behind them.

There should not be a loss ever with this pitching staff if it is leading by 6 runs.

First entry of 2012 for Pantshat of the year.

Nicely played.

:baby::baby:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First entry of 2012 for Pantshat of the year.

Nicely played.

:baby::baby:

Just stating the truth. Even the Arizona announcers were talking about Posey thinking about the collision last year on the play where he was afraid to be stepping on the plate with a person running home.

And if Crawford has a batting average over .220 I would be extremely happy. He just needs to start fielding and making plays on defense.

Last edited by a moderator:

mistgl

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Just stating the truth. Even the Arizona announcers were talking about Posey thinking about the collision last year on the play where he was afraid to be stepping on the plate with a person running home.

And if Crawford has a batting average over .220 I would be extremely happy. He just needs to start fielding and making plays on defense.

The FO already said he's banned from blocking the plate till they see fit to say otherwise. They're willing to take the run vs losing him for an entire season again.

filosofy29

Back
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hangman, sorry if I come across as rude.....could be the 0-3 start to the Snakes. :)

That said, you're going to trust the Arizona announcers words as gospel? They're paid to dislike AZ's NL West rivals. I'll admit, I have no idea if last years play did or didn't come into the thoughts of Buster as he stood on the plate. That said, the situation is comparing apples to broccoli. Cousins was trying to score on a sac fly. This play was a force out where no collision was necessary or even close. Buster lost sight of where he was and the throw happened to be off line.

Crawdaddy is playing with a splint in his glove after the last preseason series against the A's. He's fine. It was a bummer and he should have made the play, but stuff happens. He'll make you very happy with his defense over the course of the season.

The good news is, Melky looks like the real deal, Panda and Posey are hitting well, and the bullpen looked great the first two games and "ok" today. The starting pitching was terrible (by their standards) and they still only gave up 5, 5 and 6 runs.....it's not like they were blown out. It hurts losing 3 to the Snakes, but baseball is a 162 game season. They'll be ok, keep your head up bro.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hangman

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,152.62
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trust me, I am very happy with the scoring. Last year with those amount of runs it would be 3 wins.

I did not hear about Crawford's splint. Thanks for the info. Living across the country I miss out on stuff like that.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly, ugly weekend. But obviously still early. The Yankees have the same record we do, are they eliminated?

That Cain game really hurt. The first two were hard fought 1 run losses. The last one should have been a relaxing, face saving laugher when we were up 6-0. 1-2 on the road vs the best team in the division is nothing to worry about. But Sunday did happen.

I don't think it's pantshatting for me to say I didn't see anything this weekend to change my mind about who's the (slight) favorite to win the division. Would I say the same if we'd won all 3 games? Not sure...

:confused2:

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I would call it pantshatting at this stage of the season. Probably more along the lines of early season frustration/disappointment. As MSG said .... this was one ugly weekend. I also think that the Snakes are tough ... very tough. Really can't complain about the offense. They scored some runs for us. The pitching and defense was somewhat questionable. Actually terrible at times. Guess I was thinking .... you give our starters 4 runs .... and your toast ..... didn't quite line up that way and of course having Zito up this afternoon in Colorado is not quite what I was looking forward to .....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ugly, ugly weekend. But obviously still early. The Yankees have the same record we do, are they eliminated?

That Cain game really hurt. The first two were hard fought 1 run losses. The last one should have been a relaxing, face saving laugher when we were up 6-0. 1-2 on the road vs the best team in the division is nothing to worry about. But Sunday did happen.

I don't think it's pantshatting for me to say I didn't see anything this weekend to change my mind about who's the (slight) favorite to win the division. Would I say the same if we'd won all 3 games? Not sure...

:confused2:

So do the Braves and the Red Sox. And the Marlins are 1-3. All of those teams (and us) will be in contention.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure I would call it pantshatting at this stage of the season. Probably more along the lines of early season frustration/disappointment. As MSG said .... this was one ugly weekend. I also think that the Snakes are tough ... very tough. Really can't complain about the offense. They scored some runs for us. The pitching and defense was somewhat questionable. Actually terrible at times. Guess I was thinking .... you give our starters 4 runs .... and your toast ..... didn't quite line up that way and of course having Zito up this afternoon in Colorado is not quite what I was looking forward to .....

YOUR post would not be pantshitting. Saying "Crawford can't hit" or "I hope Buster isn't a head case" IS.

Please folks, let's NOT turn this into Nolanland.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
YOUR post would not be pantshitting. Saying "Crawford can't hit" or "I hope Buster isn't a head case" IS.

Please folks, let's NOT turn this into Nolanland.

To be fair, a comment about Posey being a headcase is pretty shatty, but concerns about Crawford's hitting? Pretty legit. He hasn't proven he can hit at the ML level any more than Burriss has.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, a comment about Posey being a headcase is pretty shatty, but concerns about Crawford's hitting? Pretty legit. He hasn't proven he can hit at the ML level any more than Burriss has.

SSS. Concluding from one series that Crawford "can't hit" is pantshatty.

Stamos will be fine. He'll hit .250+

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
SSS. Concluding from one series that Crawford "can't hit" is pantshatty.

Stamos will be fine. He'll hit .250+

I think those that worry about his hitting include 2011 in their sample size.

.250+? From your mouth to Yahweh's ears!