• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So .....

SF11704

Senile Forum Poster
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we are ... 37% through the season .... and we have the best winning percentage in baseball (38-22 for .633) .... and I'm still very leery about going 'all in' on this season! I just never expected this team to be playing like this. Seems that every one is having career years and this cobbled together pitching staff is acting like they are one of the best in baseball (SP only). Just can't wrap my mind around all this.

When LA came into our park and took all three from us ... I sort of thought ... he we are ... a real taste of reality ... not as good as we all thought .... then we go into their park and take 3 of 4 from them! Just no words to describe what's happening here.

Have to say that I'm enjoying this season far more than I could have imagined. I also have to say I enjoy the 'torture'. Reminds me of the 2010, 2012 and 2014 seasons where every game counted and we always seemed to be on the edge. I'm actually starting to 'scoreboard watch' the other games ... just crazy

Even more amazing ... no Bum, no Cain and no Timmy ..... we seem to be doing all of this with many people that really never crossed my mind .... until now!!!!!

This is just a fantastic year so far .... I never could have imagined that we would be a 1st place team on June 9th ....

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here we are ... 37% through the season .... and we have the best winning percentage in baseball (38-22 for .633) .... and I'm still very leery about going 'all in' on this season! I just never expected this team to be playing like this. Seems that every one is having career years and this cobbled together pitching staff is acting like they are one of the best in baseball (SP only). Just can't wrap my mind around all this.

When LA came into our park and took all three from us ... I sort of thought ... he we are ... a real taste of reality ... not as good as we all thought .... then we go into their park and take 3 of 4 from them! Just no words to describe what's happening here.

Have to say that I'm enjoying this season far more than I could have imagined. I also have to say I enjoy the 'torture'. Reminds me of the 2010, 2012 and 2014 seasons where every game counted and we always seemed to be on the edge. I'm actually starting to 'scoreboard watch' the other games ... just crazy

Even more amazing ... no Bum, no Cain and no Timmy ..... we seem to be doing all of this with many people that really never crossed my mind .... until now!!!!!

This is just a fantastic year so far .... I never could have imagined that we would be a 1st place team on June 9th ....
I'm always "all in" every year. I'm always "all out" every game, but that's the way I watch. I don't think you can get to the 40% pole, be the most injured team in baseball, and have arguably the worst bullpen in the game AND have a .633 record unless you're pretty damn good. We will see, but it certainly looks like there are three elite teams in the NL. Sadly, they are all in our division. Two really good teams are going to have a one game sudden death game 163, and two decent teams are going to play a series against an NLW team with a better record. Odd season

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm always "all in" every year. I'm always "all out" every game, but that's the way I watch. I don't think you can get to the 40% pole, be the most injured team in baseball, and have arguably the worst bullpen in the game AND have a .633 record unless you're pretty damn good. We will see, but it certainly looks like there are three elite teams in the NL. Sadly, they are all in our division. Two really good teams are going to have a one game sudden death game 163, and two decent teams are going to play a series against an NLW team with a better record. Odd season
Is it still a thing that if the #1 seed is in the same division as the WC team, they won’t face each other? I thought they did away with that rule a few years back

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it still a thing that if the #1 seed is in the same division as the WC team, they won’t face each other? I thought they did away with that rule a few years back
I think tzill is talking about two NL West teams playing a one game Wild Card game. I assume the winner won't take on the division winner, at least not in the first round.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think tzill is talking about two NL West teams playing a one game Wild Card game. I assume the winner won't take on the division winner, at least not in the first round.
The #1 seed faces the WC winner. So assuming the NLW winner is the #1 seed, they should face the WC winner.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think for the NLDS it's still a thing.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
right. Imagine SD v. LAD in the WC game. Whichever team wins would travel to the better of the NLC or NLE winner. The other team would travel to Oracle.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The #1 seed faces the WC winner. So assuming the NLW winner is the #1 seed, they should face the WC winner.
hmmmm....interesting. If true, that kinda sucks for the NLW and it a boon for the other two division champs. You finish 3rd in the NLW with, say, 94 wins. You have to go on the road to play a 96 win team in a one game sudden death WC, and then travel to SF to play the 101 win Giants.

meanwhile, the medicore Mutts and Turdinals get a five game series vs. each other despite having the 4th and 5th best records in the NL.

Kinda like winning 103 games and not making the playoffs....probably would never happ....oh, wait...

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hmmmm....interesting. If true, that kinda sucks for the NLW and it a boon for the other two division champs. You finish 3rd in the NLW with, say, 94 wins. You have to go on the road to play a 96 win team in a one game sudden death WC, and then travel to SF to play the 101 win Giants.

meanwhile, the medicore Mutts and Turdinals get a five game series vs. each other despite having the 4th and 5th best records in the NL.

Kinda like winning 103 games and not making the playoffs....probably would never happ....oh, wait...
I don’t like the rule (if still in effect) of the #1 seed not facing the WC if it is from the same division. Rarely (theoretically, at least) will the case be that the WC team is the 2nd best team (record-wise) in the league.

I am in favor of making the WC have to play the #1 seed in a 2-1-2 series, though. The #1 seed should have a HUGE advantage in the LDS and the WC team should have a HUGE disadvantage.

tzill

Lefty 99
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,064.42
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t like the rule (if still in effect) of the #1 seed not facing the WC if it is from the same division. Rarely (theoretically, at least) will the case be that the WC team is the 2nd best team (record-wise) in the league.

I am in favor of making the WC have to play the #1 seed in a 2-1-2 series, though. The #1 seed should have a HUGE advantage in the LDS and the WC team should have a HUGE disadvantage.
I think I'd be ok with that. WC team gets one guaranteed home game. Not sure if owners would go for it tho.

LHG

Former Californian. Hesitant Tennessean.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Oh 1993. That one almost stings more than 2002 (but then I think about 2010 . . . 2012 . . . 2014 . . . wait, what are we talking about again?)

pachyderm

kick assery king
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I see what ya did there... both times...

You left out the part where Matt Williams was crying because thought Orel Hershiser was saying horrible things to him from the dugout.