• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So long Judge

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
7 years at $210 million or there abouts for a player that had only had 2 years with more then 115 games played and was turning 30. I would not call that lowball the shit out of. Nobody could foresee what Judge did this past year when they were discussing the contract.
Literally the greatest contract year production in history

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's obviously the biggest piece
Wrong again , why I am I not surprised!

Pitching, defense and timely hitting is what gets it done.

Yanks are built for the post season , you never rely on the long hall!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong again , why I am I not surprised!

Pitching, defense and timely hitting is what gets it done.

Yanks are built for the post season , you never rely on the long hall!
LOL the Yanks were exposed in the postseason, they are the opposite of 'built for it'. And without Judge you never even get there. If he had left for the Giants you'd be a .500 team next year no matter how much 'pitching, defense, and timely hitting' you think you'd add.

Oh by the way, Judge will never have this good a year again.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if anyone got fleeced it was the yankees :suds:
Yeah, whoever got Judge was going to end up overpaying, especially at the end of the contract. But Yankees have enough money to do that sometimes.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, whoever got Judge was going to end up overpaying, especially at the end of the contract. But Yankees have enough money to do that sometimes.

Of course, I would have loved for the Giants to get Judge, but in the back of my mind I was worried that he'd have a Ryan Howard-like decline considering that Judge is already 30 years old and will be 31 next April. Sorry if this brings back painful memories. LOL.

calsnowskier

Sarcastic F-wad
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,400.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course, I would have loved for the Giants to get Judge, but in the back of my mind I was worried that he'd have a Ryan Howard-like decline considering that Judge is already 30 years old and will be 31 next April. Sorry if this brings back painful memories. LOL.
Howard was done before the ink on his contract was even dry. That has to be listed as one of the worst contracts ever in the history of the game.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah if he fell off as quickly as Howard that would be disastrous in a 9 or 10 year deal. The one thing Judge has going for him is he has better plate discipline so he could still be productive later on.
And yes, Howard does bring back bad memories because they extended his contract like a year and a half before they had to so those years of 25 mil for little to no production could have been avoided.

Cedrique

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Howard was done before the ink on his contract was even dry. That has to be listed as one of the worst contracts ever in the history of the game.
yeah not only did they extend him way too early they paid him over market value

Pastafazul

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL the Yanks were exposed in the postseason, they are the opposite of 'built for it'. And without Judge you never even get there. If he had left for the Giants you'd be a .500 team next year no matter how much 'pitching, defense, and timely hitting' you think you'd add.

Oh by the way, Judge will never have this good a year again.
Without judge. money allotted for him would have bought at least 2 starters and a SS that would have had them right back in the mix.

Exposed ? Injuries did not help !

Yes , judge helped them get them there but clearly he is not enough . No matter the numbers he put up , we need better pitching and defense!

Lol, you mean judge can’t replicate what he did , cmon man!!!!

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Without judge. money allotted for him would have bought at least 2 starters and a SS that would have had them right back in the mix.

Exposed ? Injuries did not help !

Yes , judge helped them get them there but clearly he is not enough . No matter the numbers he put up , we need better pitching and defense!

Lol, you mean judge can’t replicate what he did , cmon man!!!!
Judge had a year that very few players have ever had, including the greatest ever. He won't be repeating it. He'll still be terrific for the next 3-4 years, but not 1.100 OPS terrific. Think .900-.950