• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So its ok to give 2 finger salute to the crowd now?

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was suspended "nearly one game" for fighting. This unrelated to that. Anything after that punishment is additional time, IMO. As for "all he is going through", you have video or statements about what he is going through or is that just more guessing?

I realize things are softer now. However, if that is the way things are done then they need to be done uniformly across the board...not pick and choose when to punish and when to "handle internally".

It is not picking and choosing I have seen players make gestures to the crowd, etc. It is all bc this was a hyped game. I wouldn't have a problem with him sitting out the 1st half, but if you don't think the coaches talked to him and got him into place than you are mistaken.

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already got suspended for the rest of 3 quarters of that game, not even including that he is probably taking shot from Urban in practice. Nearly a game suspension and that and he will have learned his lesson.

Dude, he got suspended for the altercation on the field. No one is denying that. The issue is him flipping the bird to the crowd, in which he got no suspension at all so quit linking the two.

I personally don't think he should get suspension, but you don't help your case when you are linking the suspension for the altercation to him flipping the bird. The suspension was not served for him flipping the bird. Whether you mean to link the two or not, that is how it is coming across.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is not picking and choosing I have seen players make gestures to the crowd, etc. It is all bc this was a hyped game. I wouldn't have a problem with him sitting out the 1st half, but if you don't think the coaches talked to him and got him into place than you are mistaken.

I'm sure he did get a talking to, I'm sure the whole team did. I'm not saying he should sit out a half, but sweeping it under the rug like it didn't happen and then people coming on here talking as if anyone offended over this is just hating on OSU or SEC fans is bullshit. No doubt this was because of a hyped game. Cameras likely aren't rolling on him if it is two smaller schools, in which case this never makes as big of a splash.

Jims_Doors

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i don't think he is sitting for the first half. he was kicked out in the first half.

a quarter or half probably would be right, but if i'm trying to win a national title,i can see looking the other way. that's just how it is. sometimes you gotta rise above your morals.

That's when the NCAA should step in. They should expect better out of their "student athletes"(wink wink) while on national television.

When it came to Braxton, you could say the refs looked the other way. Once they saw his number, they "couldn't" eject him from the game even though he came off the bench and onto the field to get into the middle of things.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Maize, you want to suspend a guy for flipping the bird, but the guy who premeditated walks up to a guy who is laying on the ground, not even in the pile near the play, and rips his helmet to the side and that is ok. Oh wait he was "protecting his quarterback" who was 10 feet away in the middle of the pile. Oh yeah, he wasn't punished at all.

I don't want Ohio State having any excuses if they lose the game.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Maize, you want to suspend a guy for flipping the bird, but the guy who premeditated walks up to a guy who is laying on the ground, not even in the pile near the play, and rips his helmet to the side and that is ok. Oh wait he was "protecting his quarterback" who was 10 feet away in the middle of the pile. Oh yeah, he wasn't punished at all.

I don't want Ohio State having any excuses when they lose the game.

fify

:wink:

cwerph

Go Bucks!
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off with his head!

So us everyone here in favor of suspending every player who makes an obscene gestures to the crowd ? I am just trying to establish the rules so the next time it happens even if it is out of the camera' eye we spend an afternoon talking about it.

The adults reviewed the situation and made a decision. I don't necessarily agree with it but is this really the most important thing that happened thus week in college football?

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9M25nzR.png

The Authority

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I honestly haven't watched the actual fight outside of in the stadium (where I couldn't see what happened) but from what I understand, what Michigan did only involved some smack talk. Smack talk between players is semi-part of the game. Also from what I understand, the OSU players started the physical altercation. All were ejected for the game for that.

Once that was over with, we have a secondary issue of a player flicking off the Michigan crowd. I think that deserves another penalty and I'd hope the big ten would suspend our player if the same act was committed while visiting OSU. I think once you start reacting to the crowd and taunting the crowd - there's a bigger problem there.

No fists were being thrown until the Michigan player ripped off Wilsons helmet and all the michigan players that surrounded him were pushing him again before any fists were thrown

KingKoolKat75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,750.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No fists were being thrown until the Michigan player ripped off Wilsons helmet and all the michigan players that surrounded him were pushing him again before any fists were thrown

How in the hell did scUM get away with that?

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fought. Ejected. Threw his helmet. Kicked over a bench. Flipped off the crowd. Said whatever pleasantries. Stormed down the tunnel.

Meyer praises him and Schwartz will draft him. Beautiful.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
9 pages for a kid flipping the bird??????

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Off with his head!

So us everyone here in favor of suspending every player who makes an obscene gestures to the crowd ? I am just trying to establish the rules so the next time it happens even if it is out of the camera' eye we spend an afternoon talking about it.

The adults reviewed the situation and made a decision. I don't necessarily agree with it but is this really the most important thing that happened thus week in college football?

Lol. The student section at the old ob went all the way down to field level. Those seats sucked for watching the game (couldnt see shit), but interacting with the players and the shit you could see that went on btw players and yrolls in the crowd was pure gold

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Liar? Doesnt involve him? lol. Is this a private thread where opinions wont be tolerated? If so, Im def in the wrong place!

LOL, not at all. It's a very public thread. I was just pointing out how he came in posting all over and then said "What? You think I give a shit about OSU?" There's a reason he's posting in this thread and isn't posting on the Mountain West board. He just needed to admit he cared about OSU and the situation, that's all.

:suds: