• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So its ok to give 2 finger salute to the crowd now?

nolehusker

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,614.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow, do people really think this is such a big deal. We see/hear coaches and players say curse words all the time and nothing happens. Like others have said, I'm sure he'll pay in practice or some other way, but this is not worth a suspension. It's not classy at all, but it doesn't deserve a suspension.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pointing out that you're a liar. You said you don't care about OSU yet you're investing this much time talking about something that doesn't even involve you whatsoever.

As I've also pointed out, if you can't see that much worse stuff than the middle finger goes on during gameplay, I don't know what to tell you.

I'm a liar? Get over yourself.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
osu fans defending this crap to very last man.
defend no matter how absurd it is.
nobody is surprised though.
LMAO

If a guy from the MAC did this shit, nobody would give a shit. Might not even hear about it.

That says it all. It's stupid we are even having this conversation. :laugh3:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you ever got in a fight or bad argument. Yeah you are heated, you will say things or do rhings you normally wouldn't do. He shouldn't of done it and I'm sure he even realizes that. But you sre going to suspended a 20 yr old for this bullshit. I could see if he fought on the field and I see this as childish, but it is absurb to suspend him for this bs. Nonsense.

They need to suspend JF for taunting the fans and players than, see it makes no sense. This is just like a player on bench flicking off a fan in the stands. Not anything to get peoples' panties in a wad about.

I've been in arguments and times when things got heated. That didn't give me a free pass to go do whatever I wanted.

JF was penalized for taunting other players. he didn't do it again.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If a guy from the MAC did this shit, nobody would give a shit. Might not even hear about it.

That says it all. It's stupid we are even having this conversation. :laugh3:

Conversations like this happen all the time when it is caught. We have seen NFL fines and NCAA basketball suspensions over this gesture.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been in arguments and times when things got heated. That didn't give me a free pass to go do whatever I wanted.

JF was penalized for taunting other players. he didn't do it again.

So he got suspended?

cane_man

I AM the liquor
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm pointing out that you're a liar. You said you don't care about OSU yet you're investing this much time talking about something that doesn't even involve you whatsoever.

As I've also pointed out, if you can't see that much worse stuff than the middle finger goes on during gameplay, I don't know what to tell you.

Liar? Doesnt involve him? lol. Is this a private thread where opinions wont be tolerated? If so, Im def in the wrong place!

Oney

Hoopla Cash
$ 757.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a double negative, so it didn't count.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a double negative, so it didn't count.

lulz. That would actually have been funny, if one one hand was pointed down and he said "but I negated it with the other hand" :pound:

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ohh yah that 1st half...he learned from that didn't he

BucksFanInGA

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apologies. I don't usually get my jimmies rustled not sure why this thread did.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't get suspended for taunting opponents. You get a 15 yard penalty, and yes he got one.

Taunting fans, players...giving gestures it is all childish. So they should of given tOSU an extra 15-yd penalty and leave at that

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smack talk? You need to watch a replay. They were taunting and harassing him. After they horse collar tackled him. One guy even threw him to the ground as he tried to get up.

I just watched it from the link Sox posted. Thoughts - I think Michigan should have had another 15 yard penalty for taunting but I saw nothing in there that would warrant an ejection or additional punishment until the OSU players started making it physical. I didn't see a horse collar tackle, but in the video it's pretty hard to tell. Either way, those are penalties that can be taken care of within the game. It takes a different turn when it gets physical after the play is blown dead; which was the doing of the OSU players. It seems that the two who originally started the fight got ejected and then the third ejection came from the punch. All fine with me. Hell, eject another Michigan special teams player - I don't care.

But with that said, going out and flicking off the crowd is an entirely separate issue from what happened in the scuffle. That should have been dealt with by the big ten or Urban.

MAIZEandBLUE09

Well-Known, and Feared, Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taunting fans, players...giving gestures it is all childish. So they should of given tOSU an extra 15-yd penalty and leave at that

Maybe, though - he was leaving the field. I'm not sure what the official rules are in this case. It was the first time I'd ever seen players get ejected.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He already got suspended for the rest of 3 quarters of that game, not even including that he is probably taking shot from Urban in practice. Nearly a game suspension and that and he will have learned his lesson.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your argument is weak, just an FYI. You must not realize it, so let me point it out to you very clearly.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your argument is weak, just an FYI. You must not realize it, so let me point it out to you very clearly.

So nearly a one game suspension isn't enough, plus all he going through this week. Back in the day people fought on the field/court didn't grt suspended for more than that game. Nowadays, this is just too soft, including these fans. Pathetic. And the thing is he didn't even fight. :L

Fans/People like you are turning professional sports into miniature golf. They can't even hit the QB anymore, one stupid gesture. Ohh it's over suspend him for the rest the season. :laugh3:

Last edited by a moderator:

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So nearly a one game suspension isn't enough, plus all he going through this week. Back in the day people fought on the field/court didn't grt suspended for more than that game. Nowadays, this is just too soft, including these fans. Pathetic. And the thing is he didn't even fight. :L

He was suspended "nearly one game" for fighting. This unrelated to that. Anything after that punishment is additional time, IMO. As for "all he is going through", you have video or statements about what he is going through or is that just more guessing?

I realize things are softer now. However, if that is the way things are done then they need to be done uniformly across the board...not pick and choose when to punish and when to "handle internally".