• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So its ok to give 2 finger salute to the crowd now?

BigAppleBadger

On Wisconsin
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sox, To avoid future hypocrisy regarding this I just feel the B1G HAS or HAD to do something. A quarter.... Something.

It is a surprising decision by the B1G folks IMO.

He was ejected in the first half, so he's already missed almost 3 quarters. If this had been at the end of the game there probably would have been further suspensions.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, you are a serial liar. I never once said you shouldn't be posting here, I said that by posting here it means you care about Ohio State. Look how much of your time has been dedicated to this topic.

Telling him "bye bye" meant I was done talking to him. He can do what he wants. Get over yourself already.

you did say i have no place in this thread before that…

and no, i don't defend this type of stupid shit from my players
i always said jordan jefferson needed to be booted from the team and hill should have been suspended

i don't try to blow it off or play the victim

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mickey-Mouse-Navy-vet-in-Heroes-to-Work.jpg

Fuck, the SportsHoopla has gone over to the dark side.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were just talking about that on CFB Live on ESPN2.

Don't tell the OSU fans though.

yeah, danny kannell was trying really hard to justify no suspension

you know, part of that ESPN bias and hate…

:L

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

i always said jordan jefferson needed to be booted from the team and hill should have been suspended

And he said I didn't have a place in the thread either. Damn, there I am serial lying again :rollseyes:

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Substitutes shall not leave their team area to participate in a fight."

Penalty: Disqualification for the remainder of the game and the first half of the next game.

Rule 9, Section 5, Article 1, Note C

Braxton? What chu doing man? Hall? What's up? Urban? Need a copy of the rule book?

Hey look. It wasn't that big of a deal and the refs choked but if you want to get technical...see above.
Unless I am mistaken after a kickoff the O of the recieving team will come on the field. Now I am new to this whole football thing but wouldnt you say that Miller is part of that O that was coming on the field? So did he leave his team are to participate in a fight? I think he left his team area to start running the O when the Michigan players surround one of the Buckeyes and started this whole fiasco with thier thuggish planned actions.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If you're criticizing another school's discipline. Figured you could understand that implication.

Hill should be fucking gone, and if he was on OSU he would be. You commenting on OSU not disciplining him for this would be like me ripping a team for their starting RB getting a free hamburger.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why do you care so much about my team?

well, my time is MINE. "your" team is one you like. Big difference, first of all. Second of all, what do you care if I talk about a sports team on a sports board?

Tell you what, when there is a board about my timesheet or my agenda, then that will be your opportunity to concern yourself with my time. Until then, shut up about where I am spending my time or what board I'm posting on.

Team Mookie

You won't live forever
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, give us your god honest opinion on what the Big Ten and Urban Meyer should have done to Markus Hall. Let’s hear about how you would have adjudicated the situation. You’re just dying to tell us. We can tell…

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, danny kannell was trying really hard to justify no suspension

you know, part of that ESPN bias and hate…

:L

Even made it a point to mention the hit on Murray in the SEC CG last season, saying it should have resulted in a suspension. But defended OSU.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well, my time is MINE. "your" team is one you like. Big difference, first of all. Second of all, what do you care if I talk about a sports team on a sports board?

Tell you what, when there is a board about my timesheet or my agenda, then that will be your opportunity to concern yourself with my time. Until then, shut up about where I am spending my time or what board I'm posting on.

Because you're posting like a jackoff in a thread about my team. What's the matter with you, dude? You get so defensive because I point out that you care about my team, just admit it. You care about what's going on with them or you wouldn't still be arguing with me.

Guess what? I'll say whatever the fuck I want about your time tough guy. You have one of the biggest masculinity complexes I've ever seen in my life. Calm yourself down already.

Innermind

Lithomancer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm old school/played football during the seventies, and I believe something like this should be handled internally within the team organization, and not by the conference.

The coach should punish the player by making the perpetrator do extra work during the week----running stadium stairs, running laps, etc. Hopefully, the coach is doing stuff like that...we don't know if the coach is handing down punishment.....but if he is any type of decent coach, he will punish the player.

However, the player is a starter and a senior, thus supposedly a leader, and one additional piece of punishment should be levied by the coach in order to make sure all the other players and their families and fans realize that such behavior will not be tolerated. In other words, an open/public punishment must also be enacted-----

-----Here's the way it used to be done back in my day: the perpetrator MUST sit out the first series/possession of play for the next game/cannot start. Trust me, this is a humiliating but appropriate punishment for a starting senior....When a player is told he cannot start, it's very embarrassing because it's an open/public punishment. After the player misses the first series/ball possession, then the coach can put the player into the game at his discretion. Hopefully, a coach has the wisdom/sense to do this.

Again, IMO, there's no need to get the conference involved. Keep it simple, old school style.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm old school/played football during the seventies, and I believe something like this should be handled internally within the team organization, and not by the conference.

The coach should punish the player by making the perpetrator do extra work during the week----running stadium stairs, running laps, etc. Hopefully, the coach is doing stuff like that...we don't know if the coach is handing down punishment.....but if he is any type of decent coach, he will punish the player

However, the player is a starter and a senior, thus supposedly a leader, and one additional piece of punishment should be levied by the coach in order to make sure all the other players and their families and fans realize that such behavior will not be tolerated. In other words, an open/public punishment must also be enacted-----

-----Here's the way it used to be done back in my day: the perpetrator MUST sit out the first series/possession of play for the next game/cannot start. Trust me, this is a humiliating but appropriate punishment for a starting senior....When a player is told he cannot start, it's very embarrassing because it's an open/public punishment. After the player misses the first series/ball possession, then the coach can put the player into the game at his discretion. Hopefully, a coach has the wisdom/sense to do this.

Again, IMO, there's no need to get the conference involved. Keep it simple, old school style.

Judging by how he's handled anyone else that has done something against his rules, he is most definitely getting his this week. For some reason, the others on here are hellbent on having OSU fans make a big deal out of this, but like you said, it should be, and is being, handled internally.

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The coach should punish the player by making the perpetrator do extra work during the week----running stadium stairs, running laps, etc. Hopefully, the coach is doing stuff like that...we don't know if the coach is handing down punishment.....but if he is any type of decent coach, he will punish the player.

I dont think any Buckeye fan would have a problem with this.

bocomo007

Just some guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you're criticizing another school's discipline. Figured you could understand that implication.

Hill should be fucking gone, and if he was on OSU he would be. You commenting on OSU not disciplining him for this would be like me ripping a team for their starting RB getting a free hamburger.

:laugh3:

MI Nightmare

Slow Roller
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,317.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless I am mistaken after a kickoff the O of the recieving team will come on the field. Now I am new to this whole football thing but wouldnt you say that Miller is part of that O that was coming on the field? So did he leave his team are to participate in a fight? I think he left his team area to start running the O when the Michigan players surround one of the Buckeyes and started this whole fiasco with thier thuggish planned actions.

You take the field after the fight....not during. Unless it was Blue 52 Shove, helmets off and punches thrown on 1.

It's not his job to be on the field during a fight. That's why the very f8rst thing the coaches do is grab players and tell everyone to get the hell back to the sideline.

Sox33OSU

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You take the field after the fight....not during. Unless it was Blue 52 Shove, helmets off and punches thrown on 1.

It's not his job to be on the field during a fight. That's why the very f8rst thing the coaches do is grab players and tell everyone to get the hell back to the sideline.

To be fair, the whistle blew from the kickoff well before the guys from the sidelines stepped on the field, so that rule wouldn't apply.