• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So is the Heisman McCaron's to lose?

ugafan6612

Oh I really like boobs
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blake Bortles only because of the fact his gf is the hottest thing on the planet

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Their players are not household names yet. Alabama has been #1 or near it for 5 years now. This is FSU first exposure to being in the spotlight for a little while now. They have great running backs! My point was don't disregard AJ like he has all these players around him while I see FSU receivers catching every ball they get their hands on. FSU is loaded too! Winston has done it one year against so so competition. AJ's best games have been the biggest stages. AJ has been in the top 10 pass efficiency his entire career, and led it last year. Winston throws the ball up and the receivers come down with them. They ain't coming down with them against Bama!!! :yahoo:
First bold: they have excellent running backs; Alabama has GREAT running backs; both will be 1st round picks.

2nd Bold: Not so sure about that; to me if Alabama is vulnerable; its the pass defense and FSU has an excellent passing game.

lilchi721

Hoopla Cash
$ 20,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RG3 lost 3 games and still won the Heisman so it's still possible Johnny could win it but very slim. You know what I don't care anymore.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 5 guys at this point:

Jameis Winston - Unless this gets real bad for him, he is still the front runner.
Bryce Petty - Yes they lost last night, but still has 26 passing TDs and only 1 INT and 10 rushing TDs.
Derek Carr - 39 passing TDs to 4 INTs. undefeated.
Jordan Lynch - 21 passing TDs to 5 INTs 2400 yards and 17 rushing TDs and 1400 rushing yards.
Johnny Manziel - Still one of the 5 front runners in the nation.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First bold: they have excellent running backs; Alabama has GREAT running backs; both will be 1st round picks.

2nd Bold: Not so sure about that; to me if Alabama is vulnerable; its the pass defense and FSU has an excellent passing game.

Doesn't that kind of help me with my point that his WR's are really good and helps him out all the time? I remember several deep balls that had nothing to do with Winston; just great catches. You did say AJ had so much talent around him, and that's why he's doing good, while it's all Winston for FSU.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

RB's won't be going 1st round much in the future. Lacy was not a 1st round draft pick last year.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My top 5 guys at this point:

Jameis Winston - Unless this gets real bad for him, he is still the front runner.
Bryce Petty - Yes they lost last night, but still has 26 passing TDs and only 1 INT and 10 rushing TDs.
Derek Carr - 39 passing TDs to 4 INTs. undefeated.
Jordan Lynch - 21 passing TDs to 5 INTs 2400 yards and 17 rushing TDs and 1400 rushing yards.
Johnny Manziel - Still one of the 5 front runners in the nation.

I would not vote for McCarron or Petty for the same reason, both drive the bus. Neither is the engine.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would not vote for McCarron or Petty for the same reason, both drive the bus. Neither is the engine.

True story.

When I was 16, my mom had this little toyota tercel 4 banger that I would drive around from time to time. My friend had an old Ford truck with a 351 in it(IIRC).

One day he decided he wanted to drag race me because we were bored.

Lined up on the road and he even yelled "go". I blew his doors off. He sat there and spun his tires, I just took off. Wanted a rematch, no problem - same thing happened again. He was not pleased.

So, it doesn't really matter what kind of engine you have if the driver sucks. I have little doubt that I would have beat him if we switched cars.

That said, acting like neither of them are parts of the engine is just plain dumb. And so is saying that because they play on a good team they shouldn't be considered. I guess only the best player on Georgia St should be considered. All your post says is that you have nothing real to fault the player on. It's bullshit.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So by your analogy you could sit McCarron and the Tide would still roll. How little you know about that team and that statement tells me all i need to know.

You sit McCarron and the Tide would have lost atleast three games this year. He is the leader of not only the offense, but one of the main driving forces behind the teams success on all sides of the ball due to his stance and leadership in the locker room. He is a vocal leader and when he leaves, the Tide will have lost one of the all-time greats at that position for that team.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
RB's won't be going 1st round much in the future. Lacy was not a 1st round draft pick last year.

It was because Lacy wasn't the best RB in the draft.

While I know this is hard for you to accept, he wasn't. Giovanni Bernard, Montee Ball, and Le'Veon Bell were taken in the NFL draft before Eddie Lacy.

Get outside of the fucking window of your own team, much less the SEC, that you can actually realize talent around the country.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

While I know this is hard for you to accept, he wasn't. Giovanni Bernard, Montee Ball, and Le'Veon Bell were taken in the NFL draft before Eddie Lacy.

Get outside of the fucking window of your own team, much less the SEC, that you can actually realize talent around the country.

What was funny is they had a graphic on one of the Football games last week(NFL) and Lacy had more YPG than all the players chosen above him.

:scratch:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hey dipshit, the topic was about Alabama running backs.

On top of that, no RB's were drafted in the 1st round last year.

The last RB that was taken in the 1st round was..Trent Richardson. 2 others were taken with the final 2 picks of the 1st round.

But most everyone knows that RB's are losing juice in the NFL draft in general and have been sinking in draft value over the past years. So what the fuck are you talking about?

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey dipshit, the topic was about Alabama running backs.

On top of that, no RB's were drafted in the 1st round last year.

The last RB that was taken in the 1st round was..Trent Richardson. 2 others were taken with the final 2 picks of the 1st round.

But most everyone knows that RB's are losing juice in the NFL draft in general and have been sinking in draft value over the past years. So what the fuck are you talking about?

Hey arrogant fuck stick, the original thread was about who should win the Heisman.

The last RB taken in the 1st round was Doug Martin, and then David Wilson, and your factual BS has come to a complete end.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ucf2013fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unless jameis is charged, it's still his to lose.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey arrogant fuck stick, the original thread was about who should win the Heisman.

The last RB taken in the 1st round was Doug Martin, and then David Wilson, and your factual BS has come to a complete end.

Are you just purely incapable of following a discussion to see that we were talking about Alabama running backs before you just jumped in the middle of the discussion? Because the orignal thread was actually about AJ McCarron and Alabama.

Probably so since you obviously didn't notice that I said Trent Richardson was the last 1st round draft pick(#3 overall) and then 2 others that went in the last 2 picks. The 2 you mention.

Grab some reading comprehension or shut up.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So by your analogy you could sit McCarron and the Tide would still roll. How little you know about that team and that statement tells me all i need to know.

You sit McCarron and the Tide would have lost atleast three games this year. He is the leader of not only the offense, but one of the main driving forces behind the teams success on all sides of the ball due to his stance and leadership in the locker room. He is a vocal leader and when he leaves, the Tide will have lost one of the all-time greats at that position for that team.

The pt is that both are part of a great system. Both are running it well, neither are close to being considered the best player in the country. May not even be considered the best player on their own team. Let me know if you actually disagree with that statement.

Bandwagonbo2

2nd amendment supporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pt is that both are part of a great system. Both are running it well, neither are close to being considered the best player in the country. May not even be considered the best player on their own team. Let me know if you actually disagree with that statement.

The Heisman Memorial Trophy Award is awarded annually to the most outstanding player in college football in the United States whose performance best exhibits the pursuit of excellence with integrity. Winners epitomize great ability combined with diligence, perseverance, and hard work.

The above is per the Heisman committee and their charged duty. Notice the word "integrity". This one word as of this writing takes Winston and Manziel completely out of the running due to their brushes with the law and their apparent lack of regard for the rules of society and/or the NCAA. Now far be it from me to kick Winston while he is allegedly down, but if we go by the words posted above, then excellence with integrity fits McCarron way before it fits the other two. Because he is part of the "Process" at Alabama, its perceived he is not a great QB because he doesnt put up flashy numbers or gaudy stats. Thats not Alabama football and in the words of someone great, If it aint broke, dont fix it. That process is what keeps Alabama winning, even though we have the tools to do much more(as evidence in the A&M game and countless others).

And i will end this with one thing that i posted in the other post, if the system is what is making them so good, why could another not replace them and do just as well. We dont have another QB on the roster currently that could fill McCarrons shoes, which makes him invaluable to Alabama and their pursuit of a third straight title. Winning year in and out and amassing 36 wins in a three year career as a starter should account for a few nods on that committee. Leaders are hard to find, or havent you paid attention to the mess in Washington DC lately.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think he is the best player in the nation? Best player on Bama?

Hook'Em0608

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 623.24
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pure stats
Total yards Total TD's and total games team has played

Best QB's

Winston 3289 yds 35 tds 11 games
Petty 3524 yds 36tds 10 games
Manziel 4202 yds 40 tds 11 games
Bridgewater 3305 yds 25 tds 11 games
Mariota 3656 yds 36 tds 11 games
Boyd 3505 yds 37 tds 11 games
Miller 2364 yds 24 tds 11 games
McCarron 2404 yds 23 tds 11 games

Best RB's

Williams 2073 yds 16 tds 11 games
Carey 1732 yds 17 tds 11 games
Sankey 1833 yds 18 tds 11 games
Abdullah 1692 yds 9 tds 11 games
Gordon 1380 yds 12 tds 11 games

Best WR's

Cooks 1746 yds 17 tds 11 games
Evans 1314 yds 12 tds 11 games
Goodley 1204 yds 12 tds 10 games
Robinson 1344 yds 6 tds 11 games
Richardson 1296 yds 10 tds 11 games
Lockett 1109 yds 8 tds 11 games
Matthews 1255 yds 5 tds 11 games

Manziel, Petty, Williams, and Cooks have had the best seasons. I would go Manziel Heisman, Williams Doak Walker, and Cooks Biletnikof.