• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So is the Heisman McCaron's to lose?

rolltide14_0

~V--I--P~
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,833.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
eb76816a13e6c2f463d47fb8d8580c71.jpeg

mm03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
McCarron deserves one just like McCoy did, but it won't happen.

Lynch deserves a serious look if the whole Winston thing goes south.

tideguy

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,211.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No chance! He's been labeled a "game manager", alto going he is so much more than that! He will be in New York, but has no chance at the heisman.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree McCarron is a great game manager and uses the great players on that team to perfection. Is that enough to win....doubt it. Not sure if it is a big deal to him given all the NC's he has already. Not sure if any quarterback has that many and if he gets the 4th, that would be incredible. That said, if Manziel has a great game against Missouri, he is right back in it. For some reason, Death Valley is not a kind place for Johnny Football. If Winston avoids prosecution, he is an odds on favorite to win.

Kid Vicarious

FearLes
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If there ever was a 3 year campaign for 1 heisman he is it.

Exactly, I think they should reward AJ for all the work he has put in and the amount of trophies he has to show for it. Usually i would say that is BS because the Heisman is " awarded annually to the most outstanding player of the year." Not too many front runners still around tho...

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree McCarron is a great game manager and uses the great players on that team to perfection. Is that enough to win....doubt it. Not sure if it is a big deal to him given all the NC's he has already. Not sure if any quarterback has that many and if he gets the 4th, that would be incredible. That said, if Manziel has a great game against Missouri, he is right back in it. For some reason, Death Valley is not a kind place for Johnny Football. If Winston avoids prosecution, he is an odds on favorite to win.

LSU punked his ass at his house last year....

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Damn does Winston not have great player's he uses? :doh:

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LSU punked his ass at his house last year....

You are correct...should have said LSU is not a kind team for Johnny Football. No other team contains him as does LSU. Watching the game yesterday, it was clear that the line contained him and the defensive backs had excellent coverage. The replays really showed how Evens gets open so easily.....he grabs the defensive back every play. I suspect he is going to start getting flagged being as his play was highlighted on national TV virtually the entire game.

HuskerOC

Huskers 24/7 365
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Biggest problem I have is why is the media and ESPN controlling the emotion and voting for this award?

We hear about the Heisman "candidates" from day 1 before a game is even played. Hell, you can even make a bet in Vegas on the Heisman winner before the season starts.

And then we get the pathetic weekly updates on who are the Heisman front-runners.

The award has basically become a publicity joke.

It has either come down to an incredible statistical season put together by a player in an AQ conference, or a player on a Top 5 team that is the best statistically offensive player on that team.

If there is a player more meaningful to their teams success or failure other than Jordan Lynch, I'd sure like somebody to point him out.

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct...should have said LSU is not a kind team for Johnny Football. No other team contains him as does LSU. Watching the game yesterday, it was clear that the line contained him and the defensive backs had excellent coverage. The replays really showed how Evens gets open so easily.....he grabs the defensive back every play. I suspect he is going to start getting flagged being as his play was highlighted on national TV virtually the entire game.

LSU out coached A&M
A&M Defense couldnt stop LSU on third down.
A&M Offense spent 2/3 the game on the side line.
And when the offense was on the field they didn't run the ball or give the defense much of a break.

That's how you beat us. Play physical and eat up the clock.
Chavis and Miles have done it two years in a row.

TigerBait1971

Roll Tide? What? FUCK YOU! lolz
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
remember when everybody was hanging on Teddy Bridgewater's nuts?

BTHOtu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like that Lynch kid. Shame he doesn't have a team to play for or he would be on top of the Heisman list.

offshore1509

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I mean just by process of elimination. Winston is out, Manziel is out after what happened in Death Valley, Mariotta is out, and if this score holds up in blowout fashion, Bryce Petty is out. The guy in the pole position has to be McCaron, whom also has TWO big games left to make even more of a case for Heisman. Thoughts?

It's sad that ESPN actually picks the candidates for the Heisman, or at least it seems that way. McCarron will most likely win it, when in fact, you could replace McCarron with any one of about 15 QB's in the league and Bama would be in the same place.

They got it right last year, A&M would have been a 5 or 6 loss team without Manziel.

Runeman

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,650.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn does Winston not have great player's he uses? :doh:

Come on now; Winston does not have Yeldon and Drake pounding the line causing defenses to worry run first then pass. To me, that's the difference between those teams. McCarran is not much of a running threat so Winston has the advantage there. They both are excellent passers. Both teams have excellent defenses; and excellent kick return people, so don't see much difference there as well.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on now; Winston does not have Yeldon and Drake pounding the line causing defenses to worry run first then pass. To me, that's the difference between those teams. McCarran is not much of a running threat so Winston has the advantage there. They both are excellent passers. Both teams have excellent defenses; and excellent kick return people, so don't see much difference there as well.

Their players are not household names yet. Alabama has been #1 or near it for 5 years now. This is FSU first exposure to being in the spotlight for a little while now. They have great running backs! My point was don't disregard AJ like he has all these players around him while I see FSU receivers catching every ball they get their hands on. FSU is loaded too! Winston has done it one year against so so competition. AJ's best games have been the biggest stages. AJ has been in the top 10 pass efficiency his entire career, and led it last year. Winston throws the ball up and the receivers come down with them. They ain't coming down with them against Bama!!! :yahoo: