• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So I hear we're gay in Nebraska now...

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ban is being upheld fer now. They have to wait for a decision on an appeal to be made.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The ban is being upheld fer now. They have to wait for a decision on an appeal to be made.

Actually the 8th Circuit Court has upheld these bans in the past, so they'll likely grant the appeal.
The Supreme Court of the US (SCOTUS) is already slated to make a determination if the bans are Constitutional in May or June I believe. It is unrelated to the case Judge Battalion just ruled on here in Omaha.
If the SCOTUS determines they are unconstitutional (likely) then all state bans will become invalid anyway.

Jack_John_Mark

¿Cómo está usted?
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually the 8th Circuit Court has upheld these bans in the past, so they'll likely grant the appeal.
The Supreme Court of the US (SCOTUS) is already slated to make a determination if the bans are Constitutional in May or June I believe. It is unrelated to the case Judge Battalion just ruled on here in Omaha.
If the SCOTUS determines they are unconstitutional (likely) then all state bans will become invalid anyway.

I know absolutely zilch when it comes to politics in any way, shape or form. So yea I'll take yourn word on that.

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know absolutely zilch when it comes to politics in any way, shape or form. So yea I'll take yourn word on that.

Take mine word on this.....

The Nebraska Legislature is gutless and wants to be the last on everything. They still ride to work at the State Capitol building on ox driven covered wagons, en sech.