• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So how do you like your team's draft?

Balljim55

Abnormally Average
Hoopla Cash
$ 35,250.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #3
The Boomers are angry today. Somebody must have fucked with the pudding ration at the nursing home. Maybe they’ll be appeased by some bingo before dinner at 4:30.
So from one who easily accuses others (and whole cities even) of racism in several posts, then turns around and spouts ageism bull shit.
I am an active baby boomer and I just lost all respect for you

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So from one who easily accuses others (and whole cities even) of racism in several posts, then turns around and spouts ageism bull shit.
018C87C1-6DFA-482C-BF11-D7538E445CC3.gif

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am trying to warm up to my Vikings draft but am having trouble.

I like Addison. Think he is going to be a very, very good pro.

But past him I am not sold on any of the other guys after watching more and more stuff on them. The only one that really peaked my interest (and he did this last year too) was finding a RB in the late rounds.

Everyone and their mother has said that we are going to trade Cook. I dont agree with it this year. But the way he is stocking up on late round RB's, you can already see he is going to be moving to cheaper RB's in the future.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But past him I am not sold on any of the other guys after watching more and more stuff on them. The only one that really peaked my interest (and he did this last year too) was finding a RB in the late rounds.

Everyone and their mother has said that we are going to trade Cook. I dont agree with it this year. But the way he is stocking up on late round RB's, you can already see he is going to be moving to cheaper RB's in the future.
I really think that’s the pathway to maximize the roster. I don’t think it makes a ton of sense to invest big money at RB on offense or LB on defense. There are too many competent contributors a team can find.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think its always important to factor in trades in the draft. TJ Hockenson is likely going to be a solid starter for awhile. Maybe not a star but there really aren't many star TEs.

I do think the Vikings GM has shown an identity. He likes to trade and like to trade down. He couldn't care less about RAS or the combine. The Vikings draft had the lowest RAS score in the NFL. Blackmon, Ward, and Roy aren't exciting picks. Its throwing a bunch of darts at your defense which makes sense. Addison had a bad combine but his speed on the field tracked with what the other top picks were running.

If I was a Vikings fan, I probably would've wanted them to emphasize defense even more. That said, I do think conventional wisdom says they'll move on from Cook and maybe soon move on from Cousins so the RB and QB aren't a surprise.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...I am a Dallas homer and Will McClay is shown to be pretty darn good at what he do.
I mean...what team saw Parsons elite edge pass rushing abilities from his college tape, and traded back for an additional 3rd to draft him? Dallas's scouting department seems head over heels with the 3rd round Texas LB, considered him in the 2nd.

Playing for second

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I won't pretend to know the Vikings needs going into the draft, but I like most of the picks (not sure on Blackmon). Ward, Roy and McBride are all solid picks, as is Hall (as long as the expectations are backup QB, don't seem him becoming a starter).

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean...what team saw Parsons elite edge pass rushing abilities from his college tape, and traded back for an additional 3rd to draft him? Dallas's scouting department seems head over heels with the 3rd round Texas LB, considered him in the 2nd.

Playing for second
Overshown? He's a decent pick from this year's LB crop, but that's kinda faint praise really. May end up a nickel/dime LB, was originally a safety.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Overshown? He's a decent pick from this year's LB crop, but that's kinda faint praise really. May end up a nickel/dime LB, was originally a safety.
They just want him to chase down Hurts

They're playing for 2nd

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They just want him to chase down Hurts

They're playing for 2nd
It's not like your first skill here wasn't troll stuff, BUT...you've moved slightly ahead of koy as my favorite eagle poster on this site.

We both know right here on Cinco de Mayo day, the entire National Football Conference is playing for second place.

Think a little next time or koy will pass you up again.

Fly Eagles Fly

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Yes
ALL Special Teams was the first thing mentioned and a toned down Darren Woodson comparison. Dan Quinn thinks he'll play in many packages.
Got to watch out for the GMen...lol

Judge Fudge

One Pretty Kinky Bastard
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,151.20
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First off, Bryant is not a nickel corner.. he played outside his college career... so I guess we're just giving up on him? Bryant was fantastic against the run but we saw how teams started to scheme against him in passing downs in the nickel formation.

Second, our biggest cap hits this year are in both safeties, if we cut one and convert Witherspoon fine, but assuming that's not happening.

Third, we shored up the secondary with Love who can play safety or nickel corner, so if that means Bryant can go back to outside corner (the guy played extremely well out of position last year) then why the fuck did we need Witherspoon?

Fourth, Witherspoon already was dealing with injury concerns, and is undersized at the position, so it's reasonable to think with Seattle's lack of adding beef up front we're going to be asking him to make a ton of tackles - which will further increase odds of injury.

Seattle has a TON of capital invested in the secondary. Look at all the picks we've blown on Adams and now you throw Witherspoon into the mix? And then the Diggs resigning? I mean thank God Woolen panned out. Now we're throwing MORE at the position with still major holes at ILB and DL?

End of day I think Seattle's plan was draft Anderson (evidence of the EDGE players they took), draft Stroud, trade down... and Witherspoon was a panic last resort. I honestly would feel better going in with Carter this offseason over Witherspoon - despite the flags. I think Witherspoon will be on IR by week 5. I'll stand by my F grade and will certainly come back to this forum and eat crow as I've done in the past...

I can understand that but you can't argue with the stats

Sharkonabicycle

Bipedal Sea Dog
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand that but you can't argue with the stats

Well when you spike the ball QBs get an auto 39.6 rating. I dunno why the hell that is on that image, that makes no sense at all.

I really don't know where the 25.3 comes from since I can't find any site that actually tracks those stats.

PFF is pretty reputable but the stat to the left (39.6) is fuckin' bullshit :pound:

I mean no doubt the guy is talented... I'm not saying that. Seattle technically did get the best CB/WR in the draft.... but especially the CB position was luxury at this point. I get Jaxon... Tyler has limited time, Goodwin can't stay healthy, Eskridge is a bust... etc.

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,999.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funbags guy is a total clown. Did you miss the part where he is the boss in everything he does? He is way superior to everyone, where was he when the Eagles sucked? He is the epitome of a bandwagoner.

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m very pleased with the Eagles draft. It was a testament to the culture the Eagles built. While others were scared away with character concerns for the best player in the draft the Eagles were in a position to take him without reservations because they’ve bet on their locker room culture. I lost myself in tape of Bijon Robinson. Howie reminded me of why you don’t make that investment in a RB in 2023. You just lay in wait for something like what Detroit did and you can get a back to round out the RB room. The Eagles are paying Swift, Gainwell, Penny, Boston Scott, and Trey Sermon about $500,000 more than what Carolina is paying Miles Sanders.

Eagles still have about 15-17 in cap. Want to see them use that to shop at LB. It’s the only position that went unaddressed. I said the same thing this time last year about the secondary and then last summer Roseman added Bradberry and CJGJ. Hopefully, he can pull some of that to bolster the LB room.

Great weekend for the Philadelphia Eagles.
Part of the Carter thing was dumb luck with davis and Dean in Philly. The real genius move was bringing in a bunch more Georgia players. I think Carter will excel there, more so than any other team he could’ve gone to.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't post my Jets opinions yet!!!

we will start with Rodgers trade- they had to do it... as they put themselves in the corner... so we were all expecting an overpay... problem was that they did not protect themselves at all... which makes a conditional pick even worse...

Draft day- the 13-15 swap with the packers seemed like a trivial addition for the jets when they made the trade... but it really came to bite them in the ass... whether they were planning on drafting Broderick or not, they let the packers WIN, and they let the Patriots Mentally r*pe them again...

so that first round pick, was a loss, even though for just plain draft value it was not a terrible pick...

all their rest were fine... they ultimately did not have a BAD draft... but they lost a lot of optics... and they allowed the patriots to win another battle against them...

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the Carter thing was dumb luck with davis and Dean in Philly. The real genius move was bringing in a bunch more Georgia players. I think Carter will excel there, more so than any other team he could’ve gone to.
Yep. Not to be overlooked is guys like Fletcher Cox and Brandon Graham being the leaders in his positional meetings. Those guys will demand the best from him. Another great hedge is Nolan Smith who is said to have been the guy at Georgia that could get through to Carter. Those guys together look like George and Lenny from Of Mice and Men ha.