• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So. . .Derrick Henry is MVP so far, right?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Henry and Lamar are feeding off each other so much, that it's tough to figure out who might deserve it more at this point. Each one opens up so much for the other. Long way to go. I'm just hoping they both stay healthy all year.
Excellent points

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great player, great start to the season but some things to consider. There's a long way to go so projections mean nothing. It will be virtually impossible for a RB to win MVP in this league or any other non QB, for that matter because the award has become strictly a QB award. And his teammate is the reigning MVP and will likely be the obvious frontrunner most of the season if the Ravens continue to do well. OPOY is about the best he can hope for, tbh and it's probably a more meaningful award anyway as the MVP is kind of a joke nowadays. Henry had over 2k yds in 2020 and was OPOY with Rodgers winning MVP. It's a real thing. We should consider that Saquon is also having a similar season with his new team. Let's stick to OPOY because that is more real and right now, it's those two but Jefferson and others are always in the mix.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk of Jayden as the MVP is seriously premature. More a click bait point for media pundits and talking heads.

Lamar has been truly jaw dropping so far this year. Utterly amazing to see his developing arm talent and savvy behind center.
roy,yes,league mvp lol

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting question. What's your interpretation of MVP?

Stakesarehigh

One day it will all make sense
Hoopla Cash
$ 77,957.12
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Leads the league on the season. Of course, he hasn't had a bye yet which skews that a little (week 14). If you have him on your fantasy team, that bye week could hurt.

I do have him in fantasy, lol

Fortunately I also have Pacheco, which he will be back then

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting question. What's your interpretation of MVP?

Ravens were a top 3 team last year. Lamar was MVP, Henry wasn't on the team. In that regard, its pretty simple.

Real MIP might be Joe Burrow or Josh Allen.

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,053.75
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jared Goff would also be in the MVP discussion right now. He has basically been almost perfect the past 3 games
Yeah, Goff gets seriously overlooked at times. He did have a shaky start but he has been the best QB in football this month. Or, at least, him and Lamar.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Henry and Lamar are the top 2 candidates for MVP right now - both are playing excellent football. Ravens O has looked unstoppable lately.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mahomes as MVP is strange. Andy Reid is probably coach of the year frontrunner but thats probably all the Chiefs have.
man if I were a KC fan I'm dancing naked every day being 6-0 with Mahomes playing like he has thus far.

Reid stirs the drink.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,000.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
man if I were a KC fan I'm dancing naked every day being 6-0 with Mahomes playing like he has thus far.

Reid stirs the drink.
KC doesn't need an MVP. Chiefs have achieved a balance of sorts. Not getting into advanced stats or anything but the gist Im getting is that the Chiefs are like the 7th best offense, 7th best defense, 7th best special teams and when everything is pretty good you dont really need 1 player to take command every single week.

But yes, Chiefs fans are a spoiled group these days. Maybe Andy Reid is still the same guy from the Eagles but he has to take fewer dumb risks these days

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
KC doesn't need an MVP. Chiefs have achieved a balance of sorts. Not getting into advanced stats or anything but the gist Im getting is that the Chiefs are like the 7th best offense, 7th best defense, 7th best special teams and when everything is pretty good you dont really need 1 player to take command every single week.

But yes, Chiefs fans are a spoiled group these days. Maybe Andy Reid is still the same guy from the Eagles but he has to take fewer dumb risks these days
This is all fine, and well said but, great coach and great QB are pretty much tied at the hip. Reid like all the greats get better at his craft.

It is a team sport week to week league and the greatness of Andy Reid is clearly why this team is the last undefeated team in football.