• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Bears fans

55briggs

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't make me break down Jennings "pro bowl" season. The one where he had 6 picks in the first 8 games against horrible offenses/QBs then 2 in the last 8 when the competition stepped up. Without Tillman manning the other side last year he wasn't pro bowl level by a longshot. I seem to remember him being owned week 17 by Jordy as well.

Sorry I just don't see anything special about him

thats funny i remember him getting a pick in week 17.

C

cubzzzfanincali

thats funny i remember him getting a pick in week 17.

yeah, Lofton's criticism is basically nonsensical. The week 17 pick was against Detroit, hardly a "horrible offense/QB", 2 against Houston in week 10, 2 against Carolina in week 8. So it wasn't 2 picks in the last 8 weeks, it was 5.

But at one level I sort of...a little bit....agree with the spirit of the argument that calling him Pro Bowl was a little bit over-rated. Only a lit bit though. I think he's a decent CB, and he gets paid accordingly, so what's the big deal. Lots of CBs are over-rated. GB has had it's share of over-rated CBs also. I would certainly rather have Jennings than Tramon Williams, no question.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please don't make me break down Jennings "pro bowl" season. The one where he had 6 picks in the first 8 games against horrible offenses/QBs then 2 in the last 8 when the competition stepped up. Without Tillman manning the other side last year he wasn't pro bowl level by a longshot. I seem to remember him being owned week 17 by Jordy as well.

Sorry I just don't see anything special about him

Not saying he's special.
But every CB needs safety help once in while . And when the safety isn't there, the CB looks like shit.
Both our CBs looked bad at times last year , because the help just wan't there.
I think Jennings did his job most of the time, as well as Peanut. But when you have under coverage and doing it well, and the safety doesn't show up to take the top coverage , like I said you look like shit.
I think our management saw the same thing I did, as he was 1 of the first FAs resigned.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A big fuck, out performed a lot Lineman on the bench. Just hope he can the frickin ball.:suds:

An athletes an athelete though. :suds: (our punter was shitty a RB when the game wasn't really on the line. Then we lost. )

Last edited by a moderator:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hahahahahaha. Gotta love the optimism!

:lol: Kinda f'cked up . Meant I hope he can kick the frickin ball.
Our GM said he was going to make this team bigger & stronger. Just didn't think a punter would figure in there.
And I have a bad habit of posting 2xs when drinking.:suds:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:lol: Kinda f'cked up . Meant I hope he can kick the frickin ball.
Our GM said he was going to make this team bigger & stronger. Just didn't think a punter would figure in there.
And I have a bad habit of posting 2xs when drinking.:suds:

No need for apologies my man. You didn't thumb me down for agreeing with you, drunk or not, that goes a long way. (Leo, Im talking to you, you cussword.) Plorsting is nonsense, I can backspace. I thought we were the franchise in the division that employed single digit getters on the Wonderlic?

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No need for apologies my man. You didn't thumb me down for agreeing with you, drunk or not, that goes a long way. (Leo, Im talking to you, you cussword.) Plorsting is nonsense, I can backspace. I thought we were the franchise in the division that employed single digit getters on the Wonderlic?

Put Leo on my ignore list, which consists of 1 person, a while ago. Have been happy w/ the results.
Just sayin.:suds:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like a couple girly boys. ..... Boo hoo. LEO upset me...... I'll block him...that will show him. LOL.

C

cubzzzfanincali

And when the safety isn't there, the CB looks like shit.
Both our CBs looked bad at times last year , because the help just wan't there.

The pass coverage last year was not bad. Considering we had a middle-of-the-road pass defense in spite of being last in sacks, I don't get why people blame last year's defensive problems on the secondary. Our run defense sucked and we had no pass rush....and people are blaming the safeties. Whatever.

By the way, Zack Bowman had a LOT of help. Conte was practically assigned to his guy regardless of the circumstances of how the play was unfolding. Of course that opened up the rest of the field, but when we had Zack Bowman, we had no choice.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The pass coverage last year was not bad. Considering we had a middle-of-the-road pass defense in spite of being last in sacks, I don't get why people blame last year's defensive problems on the secondary. Our run defense sucked and we had no pass rush....and people are blaming the safeties. Whatever.

Thank you. You are the man Cali.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, Lofton's criticism is basically nonsensical. The week 17 pick was against Detroit, hardly a "horrible offense/QB", 2 against Houston in week 10, 2 against Carolina in week 8. So it wasn't 2 picks in the last 8 weeks, it was 5.

But at one level I sort of...a little bit....agree with the spirit of the argument that calling him Pro Bowl was a little bit over-rated. Only a lit bit though. I think he's a decent CB, and he gets paid accordingly, so what's the big deal. Lots of CBs are over-rated. GB has had it's share of over-rated CBs also. I would certainly rather have Jennings than Tramon Williams, no question.

Week 17 , we lost to GB. And I believe Conte had a pick in that game . Should have had 2, but let 1 go right between his arms , into a WR's waiting hands.
1 of my arguments for better safety play.
Need I remind about that last 4th & 7.:suds:

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

By the way, Zack Bowman had a LOT of help. Conte was practically assigned to his guy regardless of the circumstances of how the play was unfolding. Of course that opened up the rest of the field, but when we had Zack Bowman, we had no choice.

Forgive me for disagreeing. Game 1 ,everybody is healthy (supposedly). Peanut gets burnt 2xs by Green. He had good coverage on both plays. But a frickin safety was nowhere to be found.
And when Peanut was on the sidelines. His replacement got burnt for long TD. Again by poor safety play.
Don't tell me our pass D was good. They weren't. And when injuries hit the D-line. It just exposed the secondary for what they were. I think our CBs are average at best in coverage. But our safeties sucked both against the run & pass, if they could even figure out what was coming.
I think Phil realized this also.
Why else would he sign 2 or 3 FA Safeties, not resign Wright, and move up in the draft to draft 1.
Not saying all our D woes is the fault of the DBs. Just saying they didn't offer much help.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
whiney ass crybaby

Forgive me for disagreeing. Game 1 ,everybody is healthy (supposedly). Peanut gets burnt 2xs by Green. He had good coverage on both plays. But a frickin safety was nowhere to be found.
And when Peanut was on the sidelines. His replacement got burnt for long TD. Again by poor safety play.
Don't tell me our pass D was good. They weren't. And when injuries hit the D-line. It just exposed the secondary for what they were. I think our CBs are average at best in coverage. But our safeties sucked both against the run & pass, if they could even figure out what was coming.
Why else would he sign 2 or 3 FA Safeties, not resign Wright, and move up in the draft to draft 1.
Not saying all our D woes is the fault of the DBs. Just saying they didn't offer much help.

NO.....YOU ARE SAYING THE WOES OF THE DEFENSE ARE ON THE DBs and every time a CB gives up a Td or pass completion you blame the safety? Sounds like you just don't like the player. If far more complicated then that.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Week 17 , we lost to GB. And I believe Conte had a pick in that game . Should have had 2, but let 1 go right between his arms , into a WR's waiting hands.
1 of my arguments for better safety play.
Need I remind about that last 4th & 7.:suds:

It happens every week in the NFL........TO BETTER SAFETIES EVEN

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I understand what you're trying to say... I think.
I also think that a solid front 7 will mask a weaker secondary. I think we can all agree with that notion. And when you have a great pass rush...(2005-6) the corners won't have to cover very long and have more chances for pick on hurried throws. Vasher was IMO the great example of that.