• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

So Bears fans

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about your draft? Fuller is a good get for you guys. Tillman is old and Jennings isn't a true #1 corner IMO. Your two D lineman are getting some mixed reviews but could be huge additions and you guys needed the help on the line.

Smart

Asshat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not particularly happy. Outside of the punter pick, it seems like all our picks were based on the long-term. Fuller is very good, but we needed a safety, not a cornerback. He'll get some time at nickel this year, but he's not a Day One starter.

I hate the Ferguson pick. I just don't think he's very good. I hope he proves me wrong. Sutton's my favorite pick of the draft, but he's still a risk since he's only proven effective at 285, and that's small for the NFL. I don't dislike the Carey pick either. We clearly needed a backup running back, but the 4th seemed a little early.

I don't like the Fales pick at all. I've been underwhelmed watching him, and he'll clearly be a backup for at least 2-3 years. Spending a pick on a backup makes sense if you don't have a lot of holes, but we obviously do. I also think trading up to get Vereen wasn't great. He has good measurables, but he has bad ball skills and never stood out to me. That was the reality of this year's safety class...they weren't very good. He may well have been the best available, but he's not a game changer.

I will say I like some of our UFA pickups. I think Jordan Lynch, Christian Jones,and Ryan Groy deserved to be drafted and were among the top twenty undrafted players. To get three of them is a major coup.

cwalke3408

Hoopla Cash
$ 8.57
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm satisfied. I haven't do any research or know much about them but drafted in some well needed positions and we had some home run picks these past couple of years with Kyle Long and Alshon Jeffery. I trust what the Bears are doing.

C

cubzzzfanincali

I'm not particularly happy. Outside of the punter pick, it seems like all our picks were based on the long-term.

The long-term is what the draft is for. Yes they drafted for the long-term. You should be ecstatic that the Bears at long last have done such a draft.

Happiest post-draft I have been in years. At least a decade.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The long-term is what the draft is for. Yes they drafted for the long-term. You should be ecstatic that the Bears at long last have done such a draft.

Happiest post-draft I have been in years. At least a decade.

:agree:

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I don`t watch college football,but i do know the big names,but i have never heard of a single one them they drafted...........

To me its another season of :doh:.

I` don`t remember what round we got this fales character,but to me,if you`re gonna draft a qb,why not one that can actually give Cutler a run for his money...............wasted pick in my opinion.

Jim Rome is Flaming

Check that, Chris Everett
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I don`t watch college football,but i do know the big names,but i have never heard of a single one them they drafted...........

I` don`t remember what round we got this fales character,but to me,if you`re gonna draft a qb,why not one that can actually give Cutler a run for his money...............wasted pick in my opinion.

So you'd only be happy with the draft if we got a bunch of big names? Maybe you should root for the Cowboys.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What big names did you expect? Was Charles Tillman a BIG name? Was Devin Hester a BIG name? Was Lance Briggs a BIG name....I could go on with every other team but I hope you get the picture. Big names fail a lot. Thank GOD you are not the Bears GM

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you feel about your draft? Fuller is a good get for you guys. Tillman is old and Jennings isn't a true #1 corner IMO. Your two D lineman are getting some mixed reviews but could be huge additions and you guys needed the help on the line.

Limit it to just the draft? I feel pretty good right now. Needs were mostly met, you're not going to get them all with all of the holes the Bears had going into the draft. Thing is, when you combine it with what we did pre draft... Our D is going to be NASTY. Injuries will be the thing we have to watch out for.

We may yet pick up Safety help, it may depend upon who's cut going into the season, but one thing Emery has shown me these three years... He doesn't sleep.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Jennings made a pro bowl appearance. Just think your opinion doesn't matter here.
I'll take both DTs. 1 was pac 12 D player of the year 2xs. The other is raw beast. Who played for a big time program. Albeit only ( 15 starts , just my guess). But Long had 4 starts . And that worked out pretty well.

Congrats on Ha-Ha. Just hope Vereen can be a #1 guy . :lol: Shouldn't be to hard w/ what we've had back there.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fuck you Lofton!

Just kiiding. I've been hammered for like four days straight. And up until two hours ago I was under the assumption that it was Saturday.

I also haven't had a drivers license since the Lovie Smith era, so honestly… don't even pay attention to me.

Go Expos

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope these guys do well. I understand we need a #1 corner and cant expect to get one from the draft or pay the money the free agents want, but now its two years in a row the packers took a guy I wanted. Last year Lacey, this year Clinton Dix. I think Emery picks late better than early. I really think the second back for forte needs to be a 240 pound bruiser, but this kid Carey seems like a better choice to replace forte when he gets hurt.

You are right about Jennings, he cheats he picks and scores, they double move on him, he bites and blames the safety for not being there. I at least like the film where Fuller is playing press coverage, hopefully we see more of that from the bears this year.

JoeyTourettes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Repeating what many are saying- Filled some much needed gaps. (<that's what she said) With our new Dline I see a much improved Defense. Kinda excited the more I read about these guys- (<that's what she said! zing!)
Looking forward to going to camp and see these guys in person. GO Bears!

NCChiFan

Argumentum artifex
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this on another board, liked it so much thought I would post it here. For Lofton:

"Let's just take a minute to review what Emery has done in five months.

Re-signed:
Jay Cutler
Nate Collins
Roberto Garza
Robbie Gould
Tim Jennings
Matt Slauson
Jay Ratliff
Charles Tillman
DJ Williams

Signed through free agency:
Jared Allen
Brian De la Puenta
Lamarr Houston
Willie Young
Ryan Mundy

Draft:
Kyle Fuller CB
Ego Ferguson DT
Will Sutton DT
Ka'deem Carey HB
Brock Vereen S
David Fales QB
Pat O'Donnell P
Charles Leno Jr. OT "

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Found this on another board, liked it so much thought I would post it here. For Lofton:

"Let's just take a minute to review what Emery has done in five months.

Re-signed:
Jay Cutler
Nate Collins
Roberto Garza
Robbie Gould
Tim Jennings
Matt Slauson
Jay Ratliff
Charles Tillman
DJ Williams

Signed through free agency:
Jared Allen
Brian De la Puenta
Lamarr Houston
Willie Young
Ryan Mundy

Draft:
Kyle Fuller CB
Ego Ferguson DT
Will Sutton DT
Ka'deem Carey HB
Brock Vereen S
David Fales QB
Pat O'Donnell P
Charles Leno Jr. OT "

Not too effin shabby. Yet, Emery still gets blasted by the fans.

Oh the humanity.

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jennings made a pro bowl appearance. Just think your opinion doesn't matter here.
I'll take both DTs. 1 was pac 12 D player of the year 2xs. The other is raw beast. Who played for a big time program. Albeit only ( 15 starts , just my guess). But Long had 4 starts . And that worked out pretty well.

Congrats on Ha-Ha. Just hope Vereen can be a #1 guy . :lol: Shouldn't be to hard w/ what we've had back there.

Please don't make me break down Jennings "pro bowl" season. The one where he had 6 picks in the first 8 games against horrible offenses/QBs then 2 in the last 8 when the competition stepped up. Without Tillman manning the other side last year he wasn't pro bowl level by a longshot. I seem to remember him being owned week 17 by Jordy as well.

Sorry I just don't see anything special about him

LoftonPack80

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hope these guys do well. I understand we need a #1 corner and cant expect to get one from the draft or pay the money the free agents want, but now its two years in a row the packers took a guy I wanted. Last year Lacey, this year Clinton Dix. I think Emery picks late better than early. I really think the second back for forte needs to be a 240 pound bruiser, but this kid Carey seems like a better choice to replace forte when he gets hurt.

You are right about Jennings, he cheats he picks and scores, they double move on him, he bites and blames the safety for not being there. I at least like the film where Fuller is playing press coverage, hopefully we see more of that from the bears this year.

:agree:

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not too effin shabby. Yet, Emery still gets blasted by the fans.

Oh the humanity.

until he builds with draft picks that stay here, or even make it out of their rookie camp, he is gonna get blasted.

I am not impressed by his re signings since they were all at dollars that other teams would have paid these guys if not more. You get impressed when the guy signs a fair value contract that does not need to be in the transition tag dollar range. Even Robbie gould was signed pretty high.

Jury is out on cutler, yeah, he will break bear passing records, but will he lead the team to the superbowl? well, playoffs at least. Gonna have to split with detroit and green bay to at least have a shot at tiebreakers. Will he sit on the bench in a walking cast when he sprains his little pinky toe since he has 54 million dollars of guaranteed money?

The free agents from Detroit? we shall see. our DT's are a little different than Suh and Farely, dont take as much attention. Jared allen didnt impress me much last year. Still remember him with his cheap shot against lance louis that cost the kid a career. a guy with his lassoo sack dance just does not seem like the team player we need to keep fat guys off our linebackers.

The other thing we should watch is not the state of the team, but how far he is gonna end up pushing cutler, slausen, jennings and even Allen into dead money by restructuring deals to the point that pep would have been paid 18 million. There are dollar management things to worry about too. The cap may rise, but not to the 160 million will have to have room for the dead money. If 30+ is dead you are still fielding a team at 130.

Alot more than just some headlines. You start replacing high dollar players with draft picks that are producing and you can start to build the statue to emery. How did the teams that just buy players end up doing this year?

Peter Gozintite

NO!...but yes.
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 103,499.99
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am as happy as i was last year. They addressed the most glaring issues. Taking who they perceived to the best player available, but for biggest deficiencies.

wood20ks

Staff member
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,227.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you'd only be happy with the draft if we got a bunch of big names? Maybe you should root for the Cowboys.

You are misunderstanding me here.............

there are only a few big names and not everyone can pick them.
But i tend to think if we were gonna take a qb in one of our picks,why not take a chance with Manziel or T.B. when they were there for the taking?
i think we kinda missed out.....
I know we really needed a db,but also db is easier to replace than a qb.especially when it is one of those mentioned.
JM and TB will be longer remembered than Fales or Fuller ever will.