• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smith trade , what we actually gave up

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats are not speculative. Stats are facts.

Puppets are a small minority.

It is true that nobody knows how this will workout. At this point we are speculating. Intelligent people speculate on something tangible such as facts.

How do your eyes tell you AS is as good? What makes him as good?

Unless we make a big run with Alex Smith as he man, the trade will not have been worth it. You don’t trade the best slot CB in football for a 34 year old QB unless you plan on making a run.

Wasn’t referring to the stats necessarily. There have been years where KC has been better, years where Smith has been better. Both have been aided by a good supporting cast in their best years.

I was just referring to what the future holds for any of this. It is nothing but guessing. That goes for all of us. Sdad wants to research and write a book about why he is right and anyone that doesn’t agree is wrong. Fact is he doesn’t know any more about how this will shake than anyone else does.

Alex Smith looks like just as good or better QB than KC. He has played in playoff games, won some, elevated his team. He doesn’t make mistakes, he can move pretty good, similar arm to KC. He is a good QB. He has had a better team many years, but he is plenty as good as KC IMO... stats be damned.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats are not speculative. Stats are facts.

Puppets are a small minority.

It is true that nobody knows how this will workout. At this point we are speculating. Intelligent people speculate on something tangible such as facts.

How do your eyes tell you AS is as good? What makes him as good?

Unless we make a big run with Alex Smith as he man, the trade will not have been worth it. You don’t trade the best slot CB in football for a 34 year old QB unless you plan on making a run.
Wrong stats can be skewed to make a point example Alex smith did not play the same teams as Kirk so you can not compare but Alex did beat the skins..

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats are not facts I ran 10 miles that's alot right but it took me 20 hours which is bad

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I ran 3000 yards against poop state I must be the best Rb in history stats can be skewed and they never tell the whole story

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To truly see if Alex is better you have take what Alex did to raider Denver and the bolts vs Kirk against the raiders Denver and the bolts then if Kirk comes out on top then you have a legit point

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To truly see if Alex is better you have take what Alex did to raider Denver and the bolts vs Kirk against the raiders Denver and the bolts then if Kirk comes out on top then you have a legit point

Actually, you have to look at what players do in entirety. You also have to look at the surrounding team.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wrong stats can be skewed to make a point example Alex smith did not play the same teams as Kirk so you can not compare but Alex did beat the skins..

Stat can be skewed. The stats themselves are still facts. QB rating takes stats as a combined whole. YPA can’t be skewed unless the player only threw a few passes. Air YPA can’t be skewed unless the player only threw a few passes.

Alex Smith never defeated the Skins. The Chiefs did with a superior run game and superior defense.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn’t referring to the stats necessarily. There have been years where KC has been better, years where Smith has been better. Both have been aided by a good supporting cast in their best years.

I was just referring to what the future holds for any of this. It is nothing but guessing. That goes for all of us. Sdad wants to research and write a book about why he is right and anyone that doesn’t agree is wrong. Fact is he doesn’t know any more about how this will shake than anyone else does.

Alex Smith looks like just as good or better QB than KC. He has played in playoff games, won some, elevated his team. He doesn’t make mistakes, he can move pretty good, similar arm to KC. He is a good QB. He has had a better team many years, but he is plenty as good as KC IMO... stats be damned.

Actually, since KC has been a starter, there hasn’t been a year when AS was statistically better without question. Last year was AS first good season...ever.

Skinsdad is giving evidence to support his opinion. We don’t know how this will turn out but we can definitely see where he will fail miserably.

Alex Smith just had a career year with the league leading rusher and a solid defense with the second best TE in the league and perhaps the most dynamic WR. He has never elevated the play of his teammates. Last season his teammates elevated his play. He doesn’t make a lot of mistakes since his defense and run games have been good. Look back earlier in his career when the team around him totally sucked and then his TDs and INts were equal.

He is a check down Charlie. If he is the equal or better to KC, then he should win ten games this season at a minimum unless we have 22IR players again.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
for what it worth Kirk actually did way better against denver raiders chargers then alex smith did

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, since KC has been a starter, there hasn’t been a year when AS was statistically better without question. Last year was AS first good season...ever.

Skinsdad is giving evidence to support his opinion. We don’t know how this will turn out but we can definitely see where he will fail miserably.

Alex Smith just had a career year with the league leading rusher and a solid defense with the second best TE in the league and perhaps the most dynamic WR. He has never elevated the play of his teammates. Last season his teammates elevated his play. He doesn’t make a lot of mistakes since his defense and run games have been good. Look back earlier in his career when the team around him totally sucked and then his TDs and INts were equal.

He is a check down Charlie. If he is the equal or better to KC, then he should win ten games this season at a minimum unless we have 22IR players again.
i thought about the 22IR so which ones are going to be fine and which ones are like well even if he is healthy its he is going to be a riskey player( Reed)

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The stats above make a mockery of that statement about Smith being as good or better and you would know that if you read it

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The stats above make a mockery of that statement about Smith being as good or better and you would know that if you read it

But Alex Smith has beat teams all by himself. He has elevated the play of Tyreek Hill.

Alex Smith made Travis Kelce.

Alex Smith won the rushing title for Kareem Hunt.

And he plays defense.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, all we truly know is how well each QB fit the system in which they have or will play. With Gruden's in mind, there are no notable distinctions between the two. While Kirk has been a bit more dynamic in Gruden's system than Smith projects to be, Smith brings a bit more creativity to the position than Kirk had.

What stats prove is how well each of them performed where they formerly played, at the time in which they did that, and has little or no bearing on future performance(s). There are too many variables to confidently predict that or anything close to that.

How do stats, or for that matter ANY other metric determine how well an athlete will perform at his new place? Considering everything, Smith could in theory, come here with a chip on his shoulder, intent to prove that his former team moved on too quickly, OR, come in resigned to the fact that he's traveled around the league and he's too, blah, blah, blah, to give a great effort to his new team.

Kirk could go to his new team with a similar chip on his shoulders, intent on making Bruce and Co. look like...WELL...Bruce and company. He could also, become another version of CDC, under perform, and be considered a failure, depending on what that next step is, for the team he's joining.

If there's one thing that can be counted on with regards to QB's in general, head coaches matter. While this statement has no relevance on Kirk right now, because we don't know who his HC will be, we can confidently say that Gruden is no QB killing coach like the kind that Jeff Fisher was in his time as HC in other places. Gruden came here because he was being touted as a QB whisperer, the relationship and adjustments that Gruden will have to forge with Smith will go a long way towards determining how good or awful this trade actually ends up being.

Last edited:

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What we really gave up......

HOPE

I've been trying to convince others for years that, having hope with this team, is a one way ticket to disappointment. We live, and we learn if we're smart, or just continue to set ourselves up to become members of the D.C. Rant HOF.

:ninja:

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right now, all we truly know is how well each QB fit the system in which they have or will play. With Gruden's in mind, there are no notable distinctions between the two. While Kirk has been a bit more dynamic in Gruden's system than Smith projects to be, Smith brings a bit more creativity to the position than Kirk had.

What stats prove is how well each of them performed where they formerly played, at the time in which they did that, and has little or no bearing on future performance(s). There are too many variables to confidently predict that or anything close to that.

How do stats, or for that matter ANY other metric determine how well an athlete will perform at his new place? Considering everything, Smith could in theory, come here with a chip on his shoulder, intent to prove that his former team moved on too quickly, OR, come in resigned to the fact that he's traveled around the league and he's too, blah, blah, blah, to give a great effort to his new team.

Kirk could go to his new team with a similar chip on his shoulders, intent on making Bruce and Co. look like...WELL...Bruce and company. He could also, become another version of CDC, under perform, and be considered a failure, depending on what that next step is, for the team he's joining.

If there's one thing that can be counted on with regards to QB's in general, head coaches matter. While this statement has no relevance on Kirk right now, because we don't know who his HC will be, we can confidently say that Gruden is no QB killing coach like the kind that Jeff Fisher was in his time as HC in other places. Gruden came here because he was being touted as a QB whisperer, the relationship and adjustments that Gruden will have to forge with Smith will go a long way towards determining how good or awful this trade actually ends up being.
Past history is an indicator of future performance

Skins2021

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've been trying to convince others for years that, having hope with this team, is a one way ticket to disappointment. We live, and we learn if we're smart, or just continue to set ourselves up to become members of the D.C. Rant HOF.

:ninja:

this is it. This is literally the nail in the coffin. There is no hope unless Snyder suddenly sells the team or dies of a massive heart attack.

Alex Smith is a commitment to trying to be competitive and sell tickets but never go the next step. He's 34 10+ year vet. This is what he has shown.

It is my hope that all skins fans jump ship or at least tune out for a year or so and embarrass Snyder.

I pray that Snyder will be financially ruined for taking the beloved redskins away from so many.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I find oddly interesting in all this is

Andy Reid made the conscious decision at the beginning of 2017 to begin the process of moving away from Alex Smith. Likely because he knew this guy had reached his ceiling (sound familiar?) .

Yet now we are supposed to be all excited that a 34 year old who has reached his limits is some how the answer to the Redskins

Remaining middle of the pack.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is it. This is literally the nail in the coffin. There is no hope unless Snyder suddenly sells the team or dies of a massive heart attack.

Alex Smith is a commitment to trying to be competitive and sell tickets but never go the next step. He's 34 10+ year vet. This is what he has shown.

It is my hope that all skins fans jump ship or at least tune out for a year or so and embarrass Snyder.

I pray that Snyder will be financially ruined for taking the beloved redskins away from so many.

Sorry man, but there's just no separating ole' Sty from this team. In fact, I barely watch the game anymore because it's a watered down version of the game that I grew up following. Beyond the 16 games that this team is involved in, I'll annually watch no more than 3-5 other games. I never employ hope with this team, because I care too much about my own health and it's simply no longer important to me fret over the machinations of something that's completely out of my control. It's entertainment, with an additional bend towards them doing well on the field. They win...good, they lose...Oh well, on to the next game.