• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smack talk thread.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CLEMSON GONNA TEAR THAT GEORGIA ASS UP!

NORTH CAROLINA GONNA TEAR THAT GAMECOCKED ASS UP!

BOOK IT!

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course I see the difference with regards to the law. I am talking about the NFL's stance as a business separate from our legal system.

I wasn't talking about the legal system. I was saying you don't see a difference in what a team does to a player who has been in trouble with the law more than once vs what a team does to a player who violated the PED rule the first time. Why did I say that? Because of this quote:

Originally Posted by dredinis21
Whether it be multiple offenses breaking the law or multiple drug tests in a short period of time, what is really the difference? The organization cannot be with players 24/7 so why punish the organization for what players do on their off time, such as domestic violence or, oh I don't know, failed drug tests? It is irrelevant in terms of quantifiable evidence for one player vs quantifiable evidence for multiple players.

The difference is you are judging a player (Irvin) based on the totality of other players who have also abused the same rule vs a player (say pac man) who has been in trouble with the law more than once. I don't get how you see them the same, but there it is right there.

When you have a player who is continuing to get in trouble with the law for more than just pissing in a parking lot then that player might not be something your team can/should support. When a player comes up dirty on a drug test and it was their first offense of any kind it doesn't matter how many others have been in trouble for the same thing, it is their first time. Get it?

So, you attempted to counter this quote of mine:
Saying teams can be accountable for multiple brushes with the law by the same players isn't the same thing as different players being caught for PED's.

And I have rendered your counter point moot.

A first offense is a first offense and coming up dirty on a PED is different from beating their spouse, shooting themselves in the leg, being at the scene of a murder and possibly being in the get away car, or any of the other serious crimes some of the NFL players have been involved with that ended up getting them tossed off their teams.

Now if the same player comes up dirty on a second PED it's time to talk about removing that player. They will be suspended for 8 games as it is so taking the next step to replace them isn't a huge leap.

I blame the players for the choices they have made and I'd blame whoever is giving them the drugs and/or making it easier for them to make that choice, but I in no way hold Pete Carroll or John Schneider either culpable or responsible for the on-going problem. That was my point and nothing you nor your biased fellow 49'r fans have said changes that. This talk of blame on the organization is pure rubbish and frankly makes those saying it look naive.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon, WizardHawk, you gotta talk better trash than that in this thread!

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
C'mon, WizardHawk, you gotta talk better trash than that in this thread!

Clemson and North Carolina suck!! Neither will finish in the top half of the conference. I mean does NC even put a football team on the field, cause I've never heard of them? Thought they were pretty much basketball only and haven't even done anything with that sport in like 20 years?

oh, and people from Georgia are gay. Fact.

BloodType49

FT Bragg NC, aka the center of the universe.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,210.18
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see Pete as being directly responsible for all the recent Seattle players testing positive. Yes he appears to have a laid back fun loving coaching style but you cant attribute that to grown men knowingly ingesting things they are aware they should not. I hope Petey sticks around Seattle for a long time and continues to cost them games due to his "questionable" in game calls.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't recall ever seeing a head coach that didn't cost their team a game or two. At least Pete doesn't smack other coaches around and isn't a jackass in pressers. I'd also question a few calls in the SB there, but you just keep on worrying about Pete. Suits us just fine.

BTW, how many bad calls did Pete make the last time the two teams met? Right, that game was over before half time so who cares.

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clemson and North Carolina suck!! Neither will finish in the top half of the conference. I mean does NC even put a football team on the field, cause I've never heard of them? Thought they were pretty much basketball only and haven't even done anything with that sport in like 20 years?

oh, and people from Georgia are gay. Fact.

Man, you are good! :clap::clap::clap::clap:

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I can't recall ever seeing a head coach that didn't cost their team a game or two. At least Pete doesn't smack other coaches around and isn't a jackass in pressers. I'd also question a few calls in the SB there, but you just keep on worrying about Pete. Suits us just fine.

BTW, how many bad calls did Pete make the last time the two teams met? Right, that game was over before half time so who cares.

How many NFC championship games has Pete got to? SB? Two years for harbs two champs and 1 SB. I'll take Harbaugh.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And where were both teams at when their respective coaches took over? Both were bad teams, but Seattle's was quite a bit worse and had a lot less talent to work with. You can take Harbaugh and keep him. PC and JS have been not just rebuilding, but building a dynasty with a solid core of young players. I'll take what they are doing here over SF every day of the week.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49ers have had a nice run....to bad it's going to end this year! They missed out on there chances This year the Seahawks rule and instead of worrying about the Seahawks, the 49ers better be looking in their rear view mirror , because here comes the Rams !

That right! I said it!

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Huh?

Dude, are you stoned? What in the Sam Hill are you talking about?

You are from Georgia. The only good thing from Georgia is peaches. Peaches are in fact not good. Therefore, nothing good comes from Georgia. Therefore, you are worthless.

France_Steve

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
This is known as the transitive property. You probably didn't know that because you are from Georgia. It is mathematical proof

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are from Georgia. The only good thing from Georgia is peaches. Peaches are in fact not good. Therefore, nothing good comes from Georgia. Therefore, you are worthless.

Thank you, sir.

Georgia produces more peanuts than peaches so we should be called the Peanut State!

Rvnight18

True story
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I really like this thread. No name calling just people having fun. I want cake! I want it now!

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I really like this thread. No name calling just people having fun. I want cake! I want it now!

Look forward to talking more smack with you RVnight18. I think it will much more fun talking to real fans rather then trolls trying to create drama. Thanks for dropping in!:agree:

geneh_33

Go Home Run Heels!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey, people pay lots of good money to see drama!