• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Smack Talk Thread

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When teams prove they can stop the read option, we'll start giving NFL defenses credit for putting together better game plans against it. Until then you are talking about IF. IF defenses can put together better game plans. The Redskins read option got better as the season wore on. Not worse.

Particularly Dallas' DEFENSE DEFENSE DEFENSE. Who looked lost in both games vs. Washington last year. And they brought in a fossil of a coach to attempt to stop it. Who didn't have much success stopping Oregon's read option in college.

So, good luck.

STFU Bovey.....I don't think anyone cares to have you represent them at nothing.

Last year....LOL
nobody was ever allowed the last card before last year....what a total joke you remain

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, last year, the offense got better and better despite defenses having more and more film of it. Defenses to this point have not proven dick when it comes to stopping it. You're assuming they will. So, eat a dick.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Debate this points? lol, you sound like twist.

Here is why i think the Skins are no worse than 8-8.

1. We have maintained the majority of our 10-6 roster.
2. We arent switching systems on either side of the ball
3. We are currently healthy on both lines.
4. Instead of trying to switch systems, we could actually concentrate on improving on what we did last year.

Those are your points for the next 17 weeks? Aren't 1,2 & 4 kinda the same thing?
I think your oline depth is in question when last year you guys missed what? 1 game from the 5 starters all season? It's mindless to talk about the time for improving on what your team did last year while you dismiss NFL defenses having a better game plan on read option plays and formation alignments.

Defense, defense, defense....we'll just have to see about all that since I'd just be repeating my same views. I know most all you guys had CM in the mix this season just a few days ago. I still see big plays all season unless your rush is NFL top 5. Preseason is preseason, lets see how this plays out when the game plan on the other side too.

Now as for Dallas and why i think they are 9-7 or worse

1. New defense
2. Injuries and question marks on both lines
3. Lack of healthy depth on both lines.

So there you go... debate.

Wow....not all that impressed with this list. Again, aren't #'s 2 & 3 the same thing?

Defense, defense, defense.
You keep saying this is Dallas's problem and I keep seeing this as a bonus this season. I haven't a clue why you assume changing to a 4-3 is a bad thing. It still gets down to the scheme and talent. Dallas has better defensive coaches this season. This is not a weakness.

Dallas does have issue on the oline with health and their depth is in question but they as a organizational group elected to pretty much stay pat after the center being drafted. We'll have to see how bad you assume they will be. I think the center and new guard with our two tackles will be better than most give credit. Least I can admit that and not act like Deangelo Hall is a good corner and a solid #1

ok here is how i see the skins defense . the front 7 is much improved we should generate more pass rush thus helping the secondary

rambo= upgrade over williams
a healthy merriweather = upgrade over doughty

the big thing in dallas is switching schemes . i dont care how anyone wants to play it off you will have growing pains playing the new defense . that doesnt mean switching is bad

as for Rg3 i would say look out because in year 2 he will be even better . i hear all about how tp stop the read option . i have seen us counter every one .

raptorlife4

Long Time Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,850.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Redskins defense improves at all and the Offense is as potent as last year they Win the East easy

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont know P DAY but if these guys are camped out "trolling " on your board then your Mod should step in

i know i would

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I said, "What a bad deal" to Eastbay once. That's the extent of anything that would be considered trolling on my part.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You thought on it for an hour... and thats the best you got??

You complain that we had no real injuries on our offensive line and say its a bad thing?? Considering that we remained healthy, why shouldnt we count that as a strength?? As for our defense... sure most of us had Chase Minnifield making roster. But no one had him as starting this year, he was a depth player who might eventually develop. We signed him to our practice squad where he can do just that.

As far as Dallas and their line goes, you added the center.. I will give you that. But you got one tackle you can rely on. Since the majority of the Dallas faithful were ready to string both Free and Parnell up from the nearest light post. Leary has a degenerative knee issue so I think HIS health would be more in question than any one on the Skins line at the moment. And thats just on the offensive side of the ball.

But its cool. I appreciate you atleast giving it a shot for once.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Side note.. .guess you want to leave the whole cap thing alone huh?? :)

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He probably would like to leave everything alone. Which is why he avoided my comments regarding read option.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You complain that we had no real injuries on our offensive line and say its a bad thing?? Considering that we remained healthy, why shouldnt we count that as a strength?? As for our defense... sure most of us had Chase Minnifield making roster. But no one had him as starting this year, he was a depth player who might eventually develop. We signed him to our practice squad where he can do just that.

As far as Dallas and their line goes, you added the center.. I will give you that. But you got one tackle you can rely on. Since the majority of the Dallas faithful were ready to string both Free and Parnell up from the nearest light post. Leary has a degenerative knee issue so I think HIS health would be more in question than any one on the Skins line at the moment. And thats just on the offensive side of the ball.

i dont get these guys sometimes . they act like we all thought chase was a savior or something .

that we are all so dumb that an oft injured UDRFA would spell doom to the NFL

skins fanatics on this board talk everything skins football on this board . we post TC/ MC videos we look at everything

we have other teams fans coming here for conversation

i trhink we have envy going on here and whether we are losing or winning we act the same way :suds:

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

lol if you think this is more astute
it's a tap dance dude and to win 10 games your going to need to average 35 per

we'll know soon enough who's reaching here

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i dont get these guys sometimes . they act like we all thought chase was a savior or something .

that we are all so dumb that an oft injured UDRFA would spell doom to the NFL

skins fanatics on this board talk everything skins football on this board . we post TC/ MC videos we look at everything

we have other teams fans coming here for conversation

i trhink we have envy going on here and whether we are losing or winning we act the same way :suds:

the point skindad is you guys had him in the nickel. You have Merriweather who was toast in NE, Hall and a couple of rookies you're counting on. You guys are going to need a top 5 rush to withstand the big plays. Love fletcher but his step was slow last year and this year won't become faster.

I have a question....when did you guys switch to the 3-4? Last year?

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the point skindad is you guys had him in the nickel. You have Merriweather who was toast in NE, Hall and a couple of rookies you're counting on. You guys are going to need a top 5 rush to withstand the big plays. Love fletcher but his step was slow last year and this year won't become faster.

Who had him in the nickel?? really?? Lets see, Hall, Wilson, Amerson... most had him in the dime at best since Biggers was going to make roster no matter what based on his contract. Most had him making roster true... but I dont seem to remember any one having him penciled in as the #3 CB.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We switched to a 3-4 two years ago. Generally takes a year or two for a scheme switch to take hold and actually work in most cases. first year we were 31st in defense, this after being a top ten 4-3 defense the year before.

Mitziman

i know you don't like to hear the truth, but...
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,454.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
hold that fine hair of literary to each selected word. Geez. what a waste of time your pep squad ass is.
here one....

"Our 3rd string quarterback just led the defending NFCE Champions 86 yards in their first possession against the Bills...Wow, this TEAM has a chance to be really good.

We got depth. We got heart. And, we got RG3.

HAIL yes we do"

BUT HEY....You're no Eastbay either

I think PDay's response to my request says everything you need to know about Ol' PDay...

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Senile old fucks like you tend to tire easily.

best thing about you bovey....you remain to stupid to know you've been dusted all day, otherwise you're a ass whip for posting more than most cowboy regulars do on the cowboy board.

Warpath

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
best thing about you bovey....you remain to stupid to know you've been dusted all day, otherwise you're a ass whip for posting more than most cowboy regulars do on the cowboy board.

What's funny about you, is that you think I've been "dusted" at all. It's a shame that I have to correct Cowboy regulars and they are too fucking stupid to say "My bad". Instead they go off on idiotic tirades. That's your M.O. as well. Can't post anything on that forum without you acting like the biggest dipshit on the planet.

If getting dusted is telling an idiot that it's impossible to tie a game on one play when one team is up by 10 points, then yeah man... totally dusted.

Don't come over here and whine about it either. If you are tired of it, you only have yourself to blame.