• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skip Bayless "believes" in Vince Young

4lifer9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
He still has that same crappy arm release.. Dude sucks at playing QB in the league

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was thinking about it this morning. The easiest way in a sport/media to become famous is to be the villain. That will turn into more money. I think that is what Skip has done. He says these kinds of things on purpose. To get a reaction, but then people want to see what he will say or do next etc. Guys do it in fighting all the time and end up getting title shots. This is why I thought Sherman going after Skip was so dumb. Sherman is trying to do the exact same thing. Even though he was good before, nobody really knew who he was nationally before he started talking shit every chance he got.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm not even going to read that cause I heard it a million times already. To hear Stephen A. Smith tell it, Jeff Fisher is the Grand Wizard of the KKK in Nashville. You had hundreds and hundreds of veteran players come thru the Titans organization over those same years and not one single player will tell you he was mistreated by Jeff. Not one! He's the players coach to end all players' coaches. Jeff did not mistreat VY but held him to the standard VY had set but could not keep. Thus, VY is begging for a job and Jeff was the most sought-after coach on the market making millions and millions of dollars every year. Why didn't Jeff "play a cruel game" with Steve McNair, Neil O'Donnel, Kerry Collins, etc? Cause they were tough, dependable, positive, professional, and knew how a starting QB is supposed to act. VY is not a capable NFL QB or else he wouldn't be on the market. Really the only reason we're having this discussion is because the Titans squandered the #3 overall pick in the draft on a player who looked good in the NC game and had red-hot stock. Like has been the case with the Titans over and over again, we drafted dismally. But that's another story... :rollseyes:

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
I can't believe that some people actually think Vince Young had a good season his rookie year even though he won a lot of games. That was one of the most undeserved helpings of media B.S. hype I've ever seen (on par with McNabb, Favre, Vick).

Vince Young is, and always has been, a HORRIBLE quarterback, and Jeff Fisher is a very good head coach.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't believe that some people actually think Vince Young had a good season his rookie year even though he won a lot of games. That was one of the most undeserved helpings of media B.S. hype I've ever seen (on par with McNabb, Favre, Vick).

Vince Young is, and always has been, a HORRIBLE quarterback, and Jeff Fisher is a very good head coach.

why does fisher get so much love for losing a SB and a 20 games over .500 record......he only has 6 dbl digit win seasons(his only winning seasons also) and has been to the play-offs i think 5 times in a fucking 18 year career

wanna say his play-off record after the 1 SB is 2-4

Last edited by a moderator:

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not even going to read that cause I heard it a million times already. To hear Stephen A. Smith tell it, Jeff Fisher is the Grand Wizard of the KKK in Nashville. You had hundreds and hundreds of veteran players come thru the Titans organization over those same years and not one single player will tell you he was mistreated by Jeff. Not one! He's the players coach to end all players' coaches. Jeff did not mistreat VY but held him to the standard VY had set but could not keep. Thus, VY is begging for a job and Jeff was the most sought-after coach on the market making millions and millions of dollars every year. Why didn't Jeff "play a cruel game" with Steve McNair, Neil O'Donnel, Kerry Collins, etc? Cause they were tough, dependable, positive, professional, and knew how a starting QB is supposed to act. VY is not a capable NFL QB or else he wouldn't be on the market. Really the only reason we're having this discussion is because the Titans squandered the #3 overall pick in the draft on a player who looked good in the NC game and had red-hot stock. Like has been the case with the Titans over and over again, we drafted dismally. But that's another story... :rollseyes:

well if you read the article he says he isnt a fan of VY and VY was at fault for some of it....but it also points out how fisher repeatedly badmouthed vince in the media and how he threw him under the bus

i just posted it because some people seem to forget what part fisher played in this as well

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fisher isn't the best coach in the NFL, but he's gotten a lot out of a little. He's always had mediocre QB play (including Sam Bradford) with the exception of a couple of good seasons from McNair. He made the Rams formidable, and they were attrocious before he got there.

I can see from your avatar that you like Vince Young, but he was one of the worst starting QBs in the last decade. There's a reason nobody has wanted him.

bone3421

like in the back of a VW
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i am not saying he is great........just defending my OP that people commented on(admitted being biased)....but i will always believe that VY would have been a starter if he would have landed somewhere that wanted him

his last season before the feud boiled over he had 10td/3int and a 98.6 qbr in 5 games...then shit blew up when fisher benched him

not to mention he had a winning record as a starter....yes fisher helped with that,but the players also help the coach

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
As a side note, Jim Harbaugh was absolutely #1 on my head-coach wish-list, but Fisher wasn't too far down that list. I don't remember who was out there at the time, but I think Fisher might've been my #2 choice.

HammerDown

Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 198.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
vince young sucking was the reason why we have to put up with fisher with the lambs