• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Skins interested in Caleb per report

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so my best comp for maye could be peyton manning and thats OK ? there is only 1 lamar jackson and truth be told daniels hasnt really led a teamto any kind of championship much like maye

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so my best comp for maye could be peyton manning and thats OK ? there is only 1 lamar jackson and truth be told daniels hasnt really led a teamto any kind of championship much like maye
You're entitled to that comp. and I support your right to that perspective.

I agree that there's only one Lamar Jackson the comparison stands!

Football is a team game, and assessing individual play within the team concept requires a lot from those making these evaluations. In addition, projecting and visualizing how any player fits into your team's makeup is the biggest reason why many of these guys fail.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
both won't be there at 4. Im leaning towards taking the Penn st LT right now.
If they take a LT at 3 or 4 then they are passing on a transitional player in favor of a shiny new toy! :D ( Sorry it was unavoidable or at least too tempting to pass)

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, Caleb is very intriguing. Height scares me. Attitude scares me as well. Him liking random tweets comes across as a sensitive person with rabbit ears.

Thing is I've seen him do things and make throws that only a few QBs can. Kicking off the Harris era with a GM, new coach, and Caleb would be exciting.

I'm just not sure I'm ready to gut the next two drafts for Caleb, when Daniels, who is 6'4, played in a tougher conference, amd is a much better runner will probably be there.

This post probably won't age well. Maybe Caleb is Mahomes. Caleb may not have ideal height, but Daniels definitely doesn't have an ideal build.

Honestly, I'm good either way. Just hoping Harris' guy gets it right.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not gonna lie, Caleb is very intriguing. Height scares me. Attitude scares me as well. Him liking random tweets comes across as a sensitive person with rabbit ears.

Thing is I've seen him do things and make throws that only a few QBs can. Kicking off the Harris era with a GM, new coach, and Caleb would be exciting.

I'm just not sure I'm ready to gut the next two drafts for Caleb, when Daniels, who is 6'4, played in a tougher conference, amd is a much better runner will probably be there.

This post probably won't age well. Maybe Caleb is Mahomes. Caleb may not have ideal height, but Daniels definitely doesn't have an ideal build.

I am sorry but i am not drafting nails at 3 .we need an alpha male not a nail painting ,crying mommas boy who is an entitled whiny bitch.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sorry but i am not drafting nails at 3 .we need an alpha male not a nail painting ,crying mommas boy who is an entitled whiny bitch.
The draft is such a crap shoot. Strong take and you very well could be proven right. Odds are, out of Williams, Maye, and Daniels, one of them will most likely be a major bust.

Still, you have drafts where Burrow, Tua, and Herbert all hit. The time has come to take a swing and trust the new GM did his homework.

Offensive tackles bust all the time too.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I remember is the Redskins have drafted 3 QBs in the top 5 since the 60s ... Snead was the best but not great, Shuler and Griffin. Thank goodness we got Sonny for Snead .... the other two were busts.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I remember is the Redskins have drafted 3 QBs in the top 5 since the 60s ... Snead was the best but not great, Shuler and Griffin. Thank goodness we got Sonny for Snead .... the other two were busts.
I'm not sure you can stop drafting QBs high because those guys didn't work out. I think you have to look at it through the lens of who picked those guys and don't repeat those mistakes.

Griffin was Dan and Bruce. Shuler was Norv right? If I remember correctly Casserly wanted Trent. Could be wrong on that. It's all about who Harris hires to be the GM, not past busts that have no connection to what will take place this off-season. jmo

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I'm willing to believe if we take a QB at 3/4 the newbies will do everything they can to protect the investment.
I agree with Caleb being immature but also giving the appearance of being a special player.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure you can stop drafting QBs high because those guys didn't work out. I think you have to look at it thru tough the lens of who picked those guys and don't repeat those mistakes.

Griffin was Dan and Bruce. Shuler was Norv right? If I remember correctly Casserly wanted Trent. Could be wrong on that. It's all about who Harris hires to be the GM, not past busts that have no connection to what will take place this off-season. jmo
To be clear I am not saying not to do it, just saying it makes me nervous. I believe you try to find one every year whether no matter what the round is. I am also not against trading or signing a FA. I am on record saying I'd sign Cousins, it would take a chuck of the cap but you can continue to look ... with the same uncertainties.

I am on record for saying I am going to support the new regime no matter what they do .... this time.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be clear I am not saying not to do it, just saying it makes me nervous. I believe you try to find one every year whether no matter what the round is. I am also not against trading or signing a FA. I am on record saying I'd sign Cousins, it would take a chuck of the cap but you can continue to look ... with the same uncertainties.

I am on record for saying I am going to support the new regime no matter what they do .... this time.
Very nervous. They can't afford to miss on this pick no matter who it is.

Skin'EmAll

Celebrity Troublemaker
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Very nervous. They can't afford to miss on this pick no matter who it is.

I like this type of nervousness. I like the flexibility in the 2nd round, and I like the possibility of some team willing to gamble a 2nd/3rd for Howell(more so wishful thinking)

Beengay fudgepackers

Packin since 1919
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,300.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What would it cost to move up? You think you would do a trade of McLaren, your 1st, and a future 1st? The only player I see getting drafted in front of him is MHJ and right now you’re behind the panthers (bears) and cardinals, and tied with patriots. I also see another team jumping up the draft board to get him like the panthers did with young. Williams is considered special.

We might also trade you fields for the right price.

kbso83432

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this type of nervousness. I like the flexibility in the 2nd round, and I like the possibility of some team willing to gamble a 2nd/3rd for Howell(more so wishful thinking)
Those 2nds and next year's first are gone if they want Caleb.