• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

skins have 10th oldest o/line

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OL age and the NFL: 2013 edition - Bleeding Green Nation

for what its worth . we do have some young guys who can bring it down but those are the stats

As I am sure you know - this is a very misleading list. Outside of the extreme ends of the list there is really only a difference of a few years for all teams & this can be skewed by even one very old or very young O-lineman (remember when Ray Brown played several years ago - even as a reserve this would throw off any teams avg considerably).

With the possible exception of Montgomery - there is nobody on the Skins O-line that is even approaching 30 that is not easily replaceable. Also - O-lineman can generally play much longer than players at other positions.

BTW - this site must be hosted by the same folks that host Bleacher Report, SB Nation, etc. They all have horrid response times & minimal content. CNN really downgraded their Sports section when they switched to Bleacher Report (the TMZ of sports sites) - they are absolutely terrible.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I am sure you know - this is a very misleading list. Outside of the extreme ends of the list there is really only a difference of a few years for all teams & this can be skewed by even one very old or very young O-lineman (remember when Ray Brown played several years ago - even as a reserve this would throw off any teams avg considerably).

With the possible exception of Montgomery - there is nobody on the Skins O-line that is even approaching 30 that is not easily replaceable. Also - O-lineman can generally play much longer than players at other positions.

BTW - this site must be hosted by the same folks that host Bleacher Report, SB Nation, etc. They all have horrid response times & minimal content. CNN really downgraded their Sports section when they switched to Bleacher Report (the TMZ of sports sites) - they are absolutely terrible.

i thought it was misleading too . and those other sites are bad . guess what espn will go that way to and i hope they do

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still won't be the worst in the East :L

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A main factor to why the Giants cannot control TOP or establish a pace of a game.

Throw in the fact our DL, namely the DEs, are quickly becoming non-existent and all of a sudden you have a recipe for disaster in the trenches.

That site is also assuming Pugh beats out Diehl for the RT spot. Right now Diehl is slated as the starter by all accounts, which makes our OL even that much older.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A main factor to why the Giants cannot control TOP or establish a pace of a game.

Throw in the fact our DL, namely the DEs, are quickly becoming non-existent and all of a sudden you have a recipe for disaster in the trenches.

That site is also assuming Pugh beats out Diehl for the RT spot. Right now Diehl is slated as the starter by all accounts, which makes our OL even that much older.

Yep - you are pretty much proving my point. Also - let's say a starter comes out of nowhere in the next year or two for the Giants - well then the #s are much lower. These numbers are very misleading.

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is like the article you posted saying the skins are one of the oldest teams in terms of starters. it just doesnt matter because we have been drafting well, therefore have young depth.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
this is like the article you posted saying the skins are one of the oldest teams in terms of starters. it just doesnt matter because we have been drafting well, therefore have young depth.

i posted both articles to make a point on how bad that stats is

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep - you are pretty much proving my point. Also - let's say a starter comes out of nowhere in the next year or two for the Giants - well then the #s are much lower. These numbers are very misleading.

True.

But one thing that isn't misleading is how shitty our OL and DL play has been

:)

martinez

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.

But one thing that isn't misleading is how shitty our OL and DL play has been

:)
well u should be happy about the giants draft. pugh, hankins, moore with the top three picks

buried_in_snow

Capt Fucking Awesome
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well u should be happy about the giants draft. pugh, hankins, moore with the top three picks

I always like the Giants drafts of recent years. And I'm glad we drafted heavy in the trenches. But we have been dismal with scouting OL in the draft.