• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SKINS FAIL TO KEEP THEIR OWN

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Per league source Moroco Brown has been hired as the assistant Gm from the Browns, smh this is terrible the front office should of kept him stupid move on the skins part for not trying to keep him

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is WHO they are.....there's a history of this team failing to do right by their own. We've essentially given away players and now executive(s) that were talented enough to help this team win games without significant return for their departures. A clear case of too many cooks spoiling the stew.

I've seen this in the workplace more times than I care to recount. A manager/ supervisor is hired, this person then hires people around him/herself to buffer fallout in the event that things go bad. When they do go south and heads must roll, guess who gets to keep his/her job and who gets fired? On the reverse when there is success, guess who gets the credit and who lingers in anonymity stewing in the knowledge that their efforts go unrewarded? Morocco Brown was one who had reached the end of his rope.

Last edited by a moderator:

skinz2winz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Brown had received many praised from not only the Skins for his work but throughout the league, what has he done to improve the scouting department over the past 5 years? Our drafts have been nothing to talk about and our player development has been less than adequate. Good move for both parties imo.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While Brown had received many praised from not only the Skins for his work but throughout the league, what has he done to improve the scouting department over the past 5 years? Our drafts have been nothing to talk about and our player development has been less than adequate. Good move for both parties imo.

Equate Brown to one of the Kings advisers. He can give the king advice, but in the end the king can and apparently often does ignore that advise. You cant really blame Brown but so much for the past five years as in year one, Danny was baically calling the shots. And over the last four, Mike had final say over all things. So my guess is even if Brown said hey Mike I know you like this guy, but this is a dumb move, odds are mike would ignore him if it wasnt what Mile wanted to hear. There is a reason you interview at other companies even when your own company is saying you are invaluable to them. Guess we will see over the next few seasons ifBrown is as good as people say.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't blame Brown for taking a better job. Who doesn't want that? Sure hope we don't regret this.

The thing that puzzles me is that it is nearly impossible to determine WHO exactly was responsible for specific decisions during the last few years. Supposedly it was Shanny, but you hear conspiracies all the time regarding the ultimate decision maker (usually implying Snyder was meddling). We all make assumptions about Shanny and Snyder, et al, but reality is, the delineation of responsibilities and who was responsible for what decision, has been opaque at best.

At least Bruce has currently taken ownership for all the decisions.

One thing that is true, Morroco was seemingly the only person in our front office, that multiple other teams were interviewing to hire. That leaves one thinking for sure.

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
skins dad, Should we merge this thread with the other Morocco thread?

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is way overblown. Brown is a scout. He was responsible for scouting other pro players. While an important task, these guys move around all the time. He has been looking to leave for a couple of years and finally got an offer from one of the few franchises that may be worse than us. What does that tell you?

Caliskinsfan

Burgundy & Gold Forevah
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,569.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is way overblown. Brown is a scout. He was responsible for scouting other pro players. While an important task, these guys move around all the time. He has been looking to leave for a couple of years and finally got an offer from one of the few franchises that may be worse than us. What does that tell you?

Could be j_y.

But i might add, that only time will tell us if it was a bad move.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who did we give away ? rogers ? and now brown

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could be j_y.

But i might add, that only time will tell us if it was a bad move.

Its not a matter if it is a good move or a bad move. It just is what it is. How many times have you heard someone at work is irreplaceable and yet when they leave, someone else steps up. This is a front office guy. Not saying they don't play an important role, but at the end of the day they are support, not on the front lines. They can only recommend, not perform. He is replaceable.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brown left for a promotion, one he couldn't have had with the Redskins because the position is currently filled. Drama, drama, drama .... I don't think losing the director of pro personnel is the end of the world.

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the end of the world but the fact of the matter we could of treated the man better do yall realize that the gm of the sea hawks was once on our staff ? And now look how that team is doing and now look at us. We have good front office staff time and time again and we treat them like shit and they go to another team and succeed it's bullshit

ThruTheEyesOfRuby

Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Equate Brown to one of the Kings advisers. He can give the king advice, but in the end the king can and apparently often does ignore that advise. You cant really blame Brown but so much for the past five years as in year one, Danny was baically calling the shots. And over the last four, Mike had final say over all things. So my guess is even if Brown said hey Mike I know you like this guy, but this is a dumb move, odds are mike would ignore him if it wasnt what Mile wanted to hear. There is a reason you interview at other companies even when your own company is saying you are invaluable to them. Guess we will see over the next few seasons ifBrown is as good as people say.

Brown left for a promotion, one he couldn't have had with the Redskins because the position is currently filled. Drama, drama, drama .... I don't think losing the director of pro personnel is the end of the world.

^

Just gonna wish him well. Can't fault him for the move.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not the end of the world but the fact of the matter we could of treated the man better do yall realize that the gm of the sea hawks was once on our staff ? And now look how that team is doing and now look at us. We have good front office staff time and time again and we treat them like shit and they go to another team and succeed it's bullshit

Name another. Listen, these FO guys are constantly moving around, just like in the real world. They are employees at will, not under any contact, probably very similar to you at your job. Have we let a good one go now and again? Probably. So has every other NFL team.

Why is every move that this team does so scrutinized and discussed as if a seismic shift has happened and now the skins are doomed? Again, this guy was a scout. You say he was good. I can't refute that, but I would like to know what he specifically has done that has been so good?

If this same guy was with the Ravens, or Patriots, or Broncos, we would hardly hear anything about it. But when its the skins, its some sort of major fuckup. I'm just getting sick of all of the forced drama.

End of rant.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name another. Listen, these FO guys are constantly moving around, just like in the real world. They are employees at will, not under any contact, probably very similar to you at your job. Have we let a good one go now and again? Probably. So has every other NFL team.

Why is every move that this team does so scrutinized and discussed as if a seismic shift has happened and now the skins are doomed? Again, this guy was a scout. You say he was good. I can't refute that, but I would like to know what he specifically has done that has been so good?

If this same guy was with the Ravens, or Patriots, or Broncos, we would hardly hear anything about it. But when its the skins, its some sort of major fuckup. I'm just getting sick of all of the forced drama.

End of rant.

conspiracies man , conspiracies :suds::suds:

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its not a matter if it is a good move or a bad move. It just is what it is. How many times have you heard someone at work is irreplaceable and yet when they leave, someone else steps up. This is a front office guy. Not saying they don't play an important role, but at the end of the day they are support, not on the front lines. They can only recommend, not perform. He is replaceable.

Got to disagree. A good front office guy can make or break a team. You seriously think the ravens would have won a Super Bowl.. my mistake TWO Super Bowls without Ozzie Newsome?? Personally I think letting him go was a huge mistake. the fact that other teams have considered him for the role of GM should tell us that he is more than just a scout.

Sharkinva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

End of rant.

Might be because this team has been so dysfunctional from the top down. How many ex-redskins have Superbowl rings since 1999?? Might lead one to wonder if Brown was a little too head strong for a certain owner. Vinny was a puppet, and sad as it is to say, Bruce allen is a keep the piece kind of guy. Something tells me the Brwons knew what they were doing in pouching Brown from us.

Buffalo_Nickel_1

Hoopla Cash
$ 268.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on fellas he was a'scout jesus 31 othere teams have them this in no big lose o allen problay bring in a ex buc scout lol

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Got to disagree. A good front office guy can make or break a team. You seriously think the ravens would have won a Super Bowl.. my mistake TWO Super Bowls without Ozzie Newsome?? Personally I think letting him go was a huge mistake. the fact that other teams have considered him for the role of GM should tell us that he is more than just a scout.

Shark, Morrocco Brown is no where near Ozzie Newsome level and won't be in Cleveland, either. We are not talking about a GM, but a scout. He was a scout here and he will be a scout in Cleveland. Yes, he has been interviewed a couple of times over the years for open GM positions, but never seriously. I hate to say it, but he fulfilled a requirement by franchises that they had to interview a minority for every open GM position.

Again, this is forced drama that we bring on ourselves yet we complain about all the time on this forum.