• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SKINS FAIL TO KEEP THEIR OWN

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only time will tell if you think my rant is forced drama , we will see how the cave move from now on

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol@ cavs I'm thinking nba i mean browns

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant cited that both Trent Baalke and John Schneider, General Managers of San Francisco and Seattle respectively, were raised in the Redskins front office and both left because they had no opportunities for growth. He envisions the same sort of thing happening with Morocco Brown and believes we just let a major talent escape us.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only time will tell if you think my rant is forced drama , we will see how the cave move from now on

That's exactly my point. I have no idea if Brown will turn into a star. He might. But I can't, for the life of me, identify one thing he has done here to cause so much angst by him leaving. Maybe he tried and was rebuffed. But that is pure speculation at this point. The franchise is not going to win or lose because of his departure.

Sportster 72

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Grant cited that both Trent Baalke and John Schneider, General Managers of San Francisco and Seattle respectively, were raised in the Redskins front office and both left because they had no opportunities for growth. He envisions the same sort of thing happening with Morocco Brown and believes we just let a major talent escape us.

What you have done is paint a partial story that does not tell all the details as you are insuating them. Baalke was last with the Redskins in 2004. He left to go be the Western Region Scout in 2005 and was promoted in 2011 to the position of General Manager. It appears he developed in the San Francisco system.

Schneider was with the Redskins for one year in 2001. He left to take a position with Green Bay until he was promoted to GM in Seattle in 2010.

To characterize them as guys the Redskins missed on is quite a stretch. I will agree that the Redskins have been dysfunctional under Snyder but I think you painting a tainted picture. These guys had been gone for some time and developed with other organizations before becoming a GM.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good riddance.

Performance says it all. No more excuses like Obama has.

Brown didn't produce and his ass is gone...thank you Jesus.

106_7THEFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What you have done is paint a partial story that does not tell all the details as you are insuating them. Baalke was last with the Redskins in 2004. He left to go be the Western Region Scout in 2005 and was promoted in 2011 to the position of General Manager. It appears he developed in the San Francisco system.

Schneider was with the Redskins for one year in 2001. He left to take a position with Green Bay until he was promoted to GM in Seattle in 2010.

To characterize them as guys the Redskins missed on is quite a stretch. I will agree that the Redskins have been dysfunctional under Snyder but I think you painting a tainted picture. These guys had been gone for some time and developed with other organizations before becoming a GM.

you may be right but I'm just posting what grant posted

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
who did we give away ? rogers ? and now brown

Lorenzo Alexander, (Special teams capt)
Lavar Arrington, (fromer R******* great LoL)
Champ Bailey, (Horrible trade)
Todd Bowles, (coach)
Jason Campbell,( way better than Grossman as backup)
Gary Clark
Chris Clemons
Stephen Davis
Derrick Dockery,(first time)
Trent Green
Russ Grimm(coach)
Jimmie Johnson, (player{TE} and coach)
Laron Landry,
Kenard Lang,
Brandon Lloyd,(Not truly one of our own)
Greg Manusky, (Coach)
Martin Mayhew,(GM)
Keenan McCardell,(player and coach)
Rocky McIntosh
Brian Mitchell
Art Monk
Mark Murphy (GM)
Carlos Rogers
Fred Smoot, (first time)
Mike Tice, (coach)
Ken Whisenhunt, (coach)

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that my point was based on a historical perspective.

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Keep in mind that my point was based on a historical perspective.

The question is could you go through every team's roster/staff over the last 20 years and do the same thing??

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lorenzo Alexander, (Special teams capt)
Lavar Arrington, (fromer R******* great LoL)
Champ Bailey, (Horrible trade)
Todd Bowles, (coach)
Jason Campbell,( way better than Grossman as backup)
Gary Clark
Chris Clemons
Stephen Davis
Derrick Dockery,(first time)
Trent Green
Russ Grimm(coach)
Jimmie Johnson, (player{TE} and coach)
Laron Landry,
Kenard Lang,
Brandon Lloyd,(Not truly one of our own)
Greg Manusky, (Coach)
Martin Mayhew,(GM)
Keenan McCardell,(player and coach)
Rocky McIntosh
Brian Mitchell
Art Monk
Mark Murphy (GM)
Carlos Rogers
Fred Smoot, (first time)
Mike Tice, (coach)
Ken Whisenhunt, (coach)

LA- got hurt and wanted too much money the skins didnt have
champ , again cap killed the skins and champ wanted out we made the trade
bowles are you kidding ?
JC , he had chance after chance and was run out of town by the fan base
dockery , money
johnson unproductive
landry bust
lloyd bust
lang bust
mayhew HUH? he got a job as GM with detroit and we let him down ?
manusky , left for better position so what ?
mccardell , over the hill as a player , couldnt beat out the guys in front of him and as a coach we had one of the worst wr corps on record
clark the guy got old
mitchell got old
monk got old
murphy gm he got the job with the pack when we had our GM position filled

now tell stymie cant i go thru this with every nfl team ? you think murphy and mayhew get jobs if the skins "talked bad about them ?
its the teams fault for not supporting busts ? for coaches who are poor at their jobs ?
shoot mithchell covers the team for comcast

and now we have done brown some diservice ? he got experience with the team and he took a better job with another team and we did him wrong ? foolishness

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The question is could you go through every team's roster/staff over the last 20 years and do the same thing??

Yep that's true...but we are talking about this one.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LA- got hurt and wanted too much money the skins didnt have
champ , again cap killed the skins and champ wanted out we made the trade
bowles are you kidding ?
JC , he had chance after chance and was run out of town by the fan base
dockery , money
johnson unproductive
landry bust
lloyd bust
lang bust
mayhew HUH? he got a job as GM with detroit and we let him down ?
manusky , left for better position so what ?
mccardell , over the hill as a player , couldnt beat out the guys in front of him and as a coach we had one of the worst wr corps on record
clark the guy got old
mitchell got old
monk got old
murphy gm he got the job with the pack when we had our GM position filled

now tell stymie cant i go thru this with every nfl team ? you think murphy and mayhew get jobs if the skins "talked bad about them ?
its the teams fault for not supporting busts ? for coaches who are poor at their jobs ?
shoot mithchell covers the team for comcast

and now we have done brown some diservice ? he got experience with the team and he took a better job with another team and we did him wrong ? foolishness

I did notice that you've only listed three as busts and that's respectively your opinion. The thread is about the team not keeping their own and clearly they like some other teams have not!!

Now to directly answer your question............Yes you could go through every NFL team, but that would be completely changing the subject and focus of this thread.

I have no idea what you're referring to in relation to Mayhew and Murphy, but I'll play, YES I believe that they both might have gotten jobs BECAUSE Washington talked bad about them. Consider the source type of thing.

This team has supported "busts" and "coaches who are not good at their jobs" for a very long time. BTW; couldn't you say this about every NFL team? Oh the irony!!

You've listed Clark, Monk and Mitchell as "got old" All three belong in Canton. Each had serviceable years with other teams before hanging them up, yet you insist the Moss be given the opportunity to get beaten out. A player who will only get a sniff at Canton if 100 years pass and there is a sympathy vote.

I never said that there was a disservice done to Brown, just that another of our own has left to become?????? somewhere else.

skinsdad62

US ARMY retired /mod.
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did notice that you've only listed three as busts and that's respectively your opinion. The thread is about the team not keeping their own and clearly they like some other teams have not!!

Now to directly answer your question............Yes you could go through every NFL team, but that would be completely changing the subject and focus of this thread.

I have no idea what you're referring to in relation to Mayhew and Murphy, but I'll play, YES I believe that they both might have gotten jobs BECAUSE Washington talked bad about them. Consider the source type of thing.

This team has supported "busts" and "coaches who are not good at their jobs" for a very long time. BTW; couldn't you say this about every NFL team? Oh the irony!!

You've listed Clark, Monk and Mitchell as "got old" All three belong in Canton. Each had serviceable years with other teams before hanging them up, yet you insist the Moss be given the opportunity to get beaten out. A player who will only get a sniff at Canton if 100 years pass and there is a sympathy vote.

I never said that there was a disservice done to Brown, just that another of our own has left to become?????? somewhere else.

no we wouldnt . what would be shown here is that we are no different then any other football team hence there would be no issue

why do i keep bust around or people who arent productive anymore stymie ?

monk caught 52 passes in 2 years when he left DC . 46 with the jets , 6 with the eagles . clearly he was through for the pay he was making

clark caught 87 balls in 2 years 50 with ariz, 37 with the dolphins and that continued a downward trend . again the cap cost them

bmitch did have productive years , about 4 years but at what cost ? the cap was the issue plus he now covers the skins on comcast so how was he left to rot again ?

as for murphy and mayhew , i bet that beathard , casserly gibbs and cooke jr all were contacted about those 2 and i bet were given glowing reports