• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SJ's 2015-2016 NFL prospect chat

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Gordon back for Cleveland this year, I'm thinking he IS a stud receiver, I would take him in a heart beat!

He's another bonehead move away from being suspended for the year. AGAIN

That's like relying on Saffold on the O-line.

Battlelyon

2021 Super Bowl Champions Rams
Hoopla Cash
$ 118.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't Gordon back for Cleveland this year, I'm thinking he IS a stud receiver, I would take him in a heart beat!

Last time he played he was okay, all this time off has to effect his game.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the best pro prospect, who cares about his location.

Goff is considered by most to be the best pro prospect, but he will need time coming out of a spread offense. He's the most accurate and has great touch, if not a cannon.

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still , wish the Rams were in the position that Cleveland is in. The guys we have that get suspended are fringe players that probably no other team wants anyway? Gordon is only 25 and you "would think" that he would come back with something to prove. The guy did play very well for a lousy Cleveland offense, better than anyone we have had for the past umpteen years?
As they say you can't teach size(6'3) or speed? With Gordan back this year, Cleveland has 2 good WR and a good TE, that's 3 things we don't have?
We have sucked at QB for years, but we really need a great WR with size and speed?

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shaq Lawson in the second round would be a nice get.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all the talk of the Rams heavily evaluating their present TE situations, Hunter Henry now becomes a focus point. That would be alright with me if they took him in the second and the Maketavich kid with the second, second round pick.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's my fantasy in play. Somehow, Laremy Tunsil falls to us at 15 in Round 1. Pure LT compared to O.Pace. We move GRob inside to LG and we pick-up a center later on. STUD O-LINE right there!

RamsFan88

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,416.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be nice. Too bad the Titans will take him.

There's a possibility Treadwell will be there with our first pick. I don't know how we don't pull the trigger if that happens.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That would be nice. Too bad the Titans will take him.

There's a possibility Treadwell will be there with our first pick. I don't know how we don't pull the trigger if that happens.
I don't think Snead has drafted a 1st rounder thats as pedestrian as Treadwell from an athletic standpoint. Donald destroyed the combine, Austin was a blur, Ogletree is a freak, Robinson destroyed the combine, Brockers was a project with lots of athleticism, Gurley is obviously a great athlete.

That said, he should be able to step in and do whatever they thought Brian Quick was going to do.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Givens is not going to be re-signed by Baltimore. Do we want him back at a lower cost or do we go after a good WR in the draft or both?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris Givens is not going to be re-signed by Baltimore. Do we want him back at a lower cost or do we go after a good WR in the draft or both?

I'd rather go after Marvin Jones. Been there, done that with Givens.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Snead has drafted a 1st rounder thats as pedestrian as Treadwell from an athletic standpoint. Donald destroyed the combine, Austin was a blur, Ogletree is a freak, Robinson destroyed the combine, Brockers was a project with lots of athleticism, Gurley is obviously a great athlete.

That said, he should be able to step in and do whatever they thought Brian Quick was going to do.

Yeah, I'm not sure about Treadwell that high anymore. Jaylon Smith will be tough to pass up, as well as Lawson and the top CBs (pending getting guys re-signed in free agency). If there isn't a slam dunk pick there, can always trade back a bit.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

we've seen plenty of guys destroy the combine and turn out to be busts and Robinson is heading down that path right now.

Jerry Rice didn't blow up the combine and turned out to be the greatest WR ever.

Treadwell may not blow up the combine, but that's not what the Rams need. they need a WR that is consistent and can stay healthy. something they haven't had since Bruce/Holt.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
we've seen plenty of guys destroy the combine and turn out to be busts and Robinson is heading down that path right now.

Jerry Rice didn't blow up the combine and turned out to be the greatest WR ever.

Treadwell may not blow up the combine, but that's not what the Rams need. they need a WR that is consistent and can stay healthy. something they haven't had since Bruce/Holt.
The combine is a tool but not the only tool. For every Robinson, there is an Aaron Donald or a Khalil Mack.

The Rams inability to draft WRs, QBs, TEs and LTs is really quite ridiculous. You could argue that they are better off at dealing with those spots in FA just because as bad as Free Agency is, its still better than the Rams track record of drafting those positions.

Treadwell is actually a good fit for the Rams, though. People are knocking him for being like Kenny Britt but I think he is a little better than Kenny Britt. A willing run blocker who can deal with physical CB play. I just find that WR that rely on winning jump ball contests are wildly inconsistent in the NFL. Braylon Edwards, Brandon LLoyd, etc. To me a Treadwell pick is a sign that Snead and Fisher don't have much job security and want to win right now. Trading up for a QB would be a sign that they have amazing job security. Picking BPA defensive player is more of a status quo move from a team that trusts their scouting.

I still think there is a 90% chance that they are taking a QB. You just have to hope they aren't dumb enough to throw an RG3 trade at Tennessee to get the #1 QB

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treadwell is a good fit in that regard, but is he worth passing on more talented players at #15? There are guys later in the draft that can fill a similar role. Guys like Thomas (Ohio State), Carroo, Garrett, Payton, and Allison are all 6' or more, 200 lbs or more and either are willing blockers or at least physical players. Is Treadwell's talent level enough of a difference to use the #15?

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Treadwell is a good fit in that regard, but is he worth passing on more talented players at #15? There are guys later in the draft that can fill a similar role. Guys like Thomas (Ohio State), Carroo, Garrett, Payton, and Allison are all 6' or more, 200 lbs or more and either are willing blockers or at least physical players. Is Treadwell's talent level enough of a difference to use the #15?

that is always the question Shop.

hard to say if he is that much better than the WR's that can be had in the 2nd or 3rd until they actually play. what I do know is the Rams need some good WR's ( especially if they are going to be stuck with the current QB's ). I think they need to double dip at WR this year whether they go 1st and 2nd, or both 2nds, or 2nd and 3rd, they need WR's that are more imposing than what they have ( or WR and TE would work if it gets us rid of Cook and all his drops ).

if the QB is going to be average at best, he at least needs to have WR's/TE's that will catch what is thrown to them. the Rams have way too many drops from this current group. as bad as the QB play has been, they would look a whole lot better if they had guys that could actually catch the ball.

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my wish list:

1) Treadwell
2a) Voltz/Martin
2b) Thomas (OS)

if Treadwell is gone, trade down for an extra 2nd or 3rd

1) Voltz
2a) Doctson
2b) Thomas (OS)

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Voltz in the draft? He isn't listed in CBS' rankings and still has a year of eligibility. A quick search doesn't show an announcement either way?

He's been out injured since late October...