• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SJ's 2015-2016 NFL prospect chat

ANGELAKERAMS

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a terrible year to be needing a QB, that's for sure.

I too think we will be stuck with what we have and hope Mannion makes huge strides cause Foles and Keenum are average at best. The Rams need a QB of the future and Foles and Keenum are not it.

LA is going to see another sub .500 season with the current QB's and waste another year with the young D. The Rams are wasting this young D because of bad QB play and I'm afraid by the time they figure out the QB situation ( especially with Fisher around ), the guys on D will be older and less effective or will have moved on elsewhere. JMO of course.

I mean, they will already be losing Jenkins and/or Johnson this offseason cause they can't afford to keep both. It's only a matter of time before that happens at other positions as well.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jerra knows he needs more on defense and wants more picks. I say smoke screen too.. Blow this kid up and hope someone trades up to the Cowboys for that top 5 pick to get Wentz. That or Jerra wants Cleveland to take Wentz because he has his eye on someone else aka Myles Jack?

Dallas taking a QB in general at 4 is likely a smokescreen, although they do need to improve their depth behind Romo. I doubt it has anything to do with Cleveland, as if they go QB at 2, how would #4 impact that? They can have Goff/Wentz/Lynch, whomever they prefer. Maybe if they wanted to trade down and get a QB, but why get tricky? As far Jack and the Browns, it doesn't really seem to be a fit. Browns are 3-4 and Jack is a 4-3 OLB. He could play in the 3-4, but the Browns already have Orchard/Kruger/Mingo on the outside. Putting Jack on the inside in a 3-4 seems wasteful of his speed and coverage ability.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we dismiss the QB selection, that only means we will be selecting D-players. D-line, MLB, CB. SJ76 is right again apparently!

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas taking a QB in general at 4 is likely a smokescreen, although they do need to improve their depth behind Romo. I doubt it has anything to do with Cleveland, as if they go QB at 2, how would #4 impact that? They can have Goff/Wentz/Lynch, whomever they prefer. Maybe if they wanted to trade down and get a QB, but why get tricky? As far Jack and the Browns, it doesn't really seem to be a fit. Browns are 3-4 and Jack is a 4-3 OLB. He could play in the 3-4, but the Browns already have Orchard/Kruger/Mingo on the outside. Putting Jack on the inside in a 3-4 seems wasteful of his speed and coverage ability.

I don't know.. Ask yourself why it's a smokescreen and why the Cowboys would hype up Wentz. Maybe it makes someone below the Cowboys want to trade up? Or maybe Jerra has his eye on someone else besides Myles Jack and wants Cleveland to take Wentz?

Cleveland could use a stud WR no doubt. Maybe Jerra wants to find a Dez 2.0?

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we dismiss the QB selection, that only means we will be selecting D-players. D-line, MLB, CB. SJ76 is right again apparently!

Unless we find an OT that we like or go after a Center.. :noidea: Or even Josh Doctson, WR TCU -- he's about the 4th or 5th rated WR at the lowest so you have to think he may go late 1st round/early 2nd. But I have a feeling he's gonna drop like Alshon did because of a previous injury and he wasn't as good this year as he was the year prior.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's not on any of these "experts" draft boards. Another reason why these columnists are but petty amateurs when it comes to drafting.

He will be after the combine/pro days I would assume.

RamCub

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this election year, here are my positions:

No to trading up.
No to drafting a QB before round 3.
Yes to signing WR Travis Benjamin in FA. (Jeffrey will definitely be franchised or signed).
Yes to BPA with two of first three picks.
Yes to Hunter Henry! He's a receiver (don't forget) and a blocker!

I am self-funded and reserve the right to flip-flop based on new information and changing circumstances.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In this election year, here are my positions:

No to trading up.
No to drafting a QB before round 3.
Yes to signing WR Travis Benjamin in FA. (Jeffrey will definitely be franchised or signed).
Yes to BPA with two of first three picks.
Yes to Hunter Henry! He's a receiver (don't forget) and a blocker!

I am self-funded and reserve the right to flip-flop based on new information and changing circumstances.

Not sure about T Benjamin. Kid is 5'10, from Miami and can fly, but we need a big target WR.

Henry may fall in the draft even though he's the #1 rated TE, but I'm not real crazy about the crop of TE's in this draft. Not sure I'd take Henry in the 2nd round which is most likely where he's going.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I smell a run on qb's like what happened a few years ago. So if we want a qb there might not be any decent ones left in the 3rd round.

(inbeforewilsoncomments)

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I smell a run on qb's like what happened a few years ago. So if we want a qb there might not be any decent ones left in the 3rd round.

(inbeforewilsoncomments)
Once we get through free agency we will know a lot more where teams may stand on drafting QB's, especially ours!

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Or maybe the Cowboys want Cleveland to take Wentz because Jerra loves Goff? :noidea:

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know.. Ask yourself why it's a smokescreen and why the Cowboys would hype up Wentz. Maybe it makes someone below the Cowboys want to trade up? Or maybe Jerra has his eye on someone else besides Myles Jack and wants Cleveland to take Wentz?

Walterfootball says that according to one of Dallas' scouts, Jalen Ramsey is the top player on their big board. Jerry Jones has adamantly backed Romo and the Cowboys are a very proud team. They probably see themselves as a destination team for future FA QBs and not a team that needs to draft one.

I personally think that any sane GM would take a QB with Dallas' pick. Romo is 4 years younger than Peyton and Peyton has been mostly done for a year and a half. Romo has 2-4 years left in his career tops. Dallas has an oline that will be stacked for the next 4-8 years and Dez Bryant till 2020. You don't take a secondary player when you have an old banged up QB unless you think that secondary player is a future HOFer. The gist Ive gotten is that Ramsey is versatile and a natural but he isnt Deion Sanders.

This might all be moot if RG3 lands in Dallas.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Walterfootball says that according to one of Dallas' scouts, Jalen Ramsey is the top player on their big board. Jerry Jones has adamantly backed Romo and the Cowboys are a very proud team. They probably see themselves as a destination team for future FA QBs and not a team that needs to draft one.

I personally think that any sane GM would take a QB with Dallas' pick. Romo is 4 years younger than Peyton and Peyton has been mostly done for a year and a half. Romo has 2-4 years left in his career tops. Dallas has an oline that will be stacked for the next 4-8 years and Dez Bryant till 2020. You don't take a secondary player when you have an old banged up QB unless you think that secondary player is a future HOFer. The gist Ive gotten is that Ramsey is versatile and a natural but he isnt Deion Sanders.

This might all be moot if RG3 lands in Dallas.

I think their will be adequate QBs in the 2nd or 3rd round, just like there are adequate QBs in the 1st round. I thought the other day that Ramsey might end up in Big D. He's a helluva player.

Who is Deion Sanders these days? You are talking about one of the best CBs of all time.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want the best pro prospect, who cares about his location.

I read today that Cleveland is most likely taking Goff at #2 overall. Poor Goff

Smed55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Isn't Gordon back for Cleveland this year, I'm thinking he IS a stud receiver, I would take him in a heart beat!