• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

SJ's 2015-2016 NFL prospect chat

SJ76

I'll slap you with my member
Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I fully understand depth, but expecting the Rams to use their prime draft capital to draft depth over filling glaring gaps in a contract year for the head coach and the first year in a new city may not be a good bet.

Again, these aren't my wishes for this team, but what I see the Rams doing.

So what would trading up to get a QB be? Cuz he ain't starting day 1. Maybe Doctson would be a starter day 1..??

Who IYO are the Rams looking at to start day 1, if we are not looking at depth/possible starters on the D-line and Oline?

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a bad feeling that they are going to trade at least one of the 2nd rounders to move up in the first and get a QB. Not my preference whatsoever. If one of them drops to 15, consider drafting him, but to move up for a project QB seems like a waste of draft capital.

Day 1 starters from early in the draft other than the lines could be WR, TE, CB/FS (if FA doesn't go well) and DE/LB (again, depending on released vets and FA outcome). QB is an outside chance with Wentz IMO, but unlikely given their reticence to even use Mannion last year.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has played D2 competition and just throw him in the NFC west? Yeah sounds like something our Front office would do

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz has played D2 competition and just throw him in the NFC west? Yeah sounds like something our Front office would do

He's the most pro ready QB of the top guys, considering style of play and system. He'll definitely have to adjust to the speed of the game, but he's from a pro-style system, has solid size and athleticism with a strong arm. He calls plays, takes direct snaps, looks off safeties, etc.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Walsh's moniker still stands. Very fwew Qb's coming out of college can start right away without some collateral damage. Walsh believed that college QB's need at least 3 years of development unless you are Joe Montana.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's the most pro ready QB of the top guys, considering style of play and system. He'll definitely have to adjust to the speed of the game, but he's from a pro-style system, has solid size and athleticism with a strong arm. He calls plays, takes direct snaps, looks off safeties, etc.

Pro style offense in pee wee league doesn't impress either. D2 is D2. It's not even C-USA. Big difference in the speed of the game. And I've seen him throw -- not crazy about his arm strength. I think Mannion is a very similar QB. The LT from ND St is tempting.

And even if you take Wentz, he's not starting. Trade up for a D2 QB.. :L Please God no!!

bluepigpen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First of all, don't trade up period. The Rams don't have enough picks already. Whether you take a QB at #15 is one thing but don't give anything away to get anyone.:hope:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Carson Wentz has quickly become the feature prospect of the 2016 draft class, and his rise from small school passer to potential top-five pick has happened in remarkable fashion. Aside from my own thoughts, I was told earlier this year that the Dallas Cowboys may be the primary team that his value is derived from. He’s reportedly atop their quarterback board, which has spurned his “top-10 value”, but he’s quickly emerged as the top quarterback for more than few teams.

-On Carson Wentz to the Cowboys: There’s seemingly TOO much smoke around it. There were multiple incidents at the Senior Bowl (scout whispering to Jason Garrett loudly during weigh-ins when Wentz was up, Jerry Jones personally meeting Wentz on the field, etc.) that seem a bit….obviously odd. It may be a smokescreen, it may be genuine interest, but it’s apparent to me that the Cowboys have a plan with their Wentz affection. That doesn’t mean other top-15 teams don’t like him as well.

-Final notes on Carson Wentz: He impressed NFL decision makers in Mobile, but primarily because they likely haven’t dove into his film yet. It’s easy to appreciate his velocity, tools and flashes of athleticism in a practice setting….Also, two sleeper teams for Wentz from what I’ve been told: Chicago Bears and Pittsburgh Steelers.

So Dallas is blowing this kid up and Chicago and Pittsburgh are possibly interested? Imagine that Jerra Jones going overboard for a player.

I would take Connor Cook over this kid.

This is all hype and speculation. If this kid is Flacco great, but the chances of a D2 QB coming into the NFC West and starting, much less making an impact is pretty slim.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Dallas is blowing this kid up and Chicago and Pittsburgh are possibly interested? Imagine that Jerra Jones going overboard for a player.
I'm calling bullshit on Jerra!

smokescreen.gif

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I've read about Cook has been negative. I would rather move forward with Mannion than draft Cook.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel we are stuck with last years QB's unless we get some action at that position in free agency.
  • Nick Foles - Are we ready to cut this guy and take the cap hit? I say no because he is a serviceable backup with a lot of NFL experience and he has a full year in the Rams system.
  • Case Kneenum - Yes he is a free agent, but I don't see anyone giving him starter money except the Rams and hopefully that comes cheap enough. Unfortunately for Rams fans, Case is our starter at this point and the Rams can't do much in terms of letting him walk with all the question marks around Foles.
  • Sean Mannion - No NFL club should be willing to cut ties with their 3rd round pick one year after the pick, especially since he hasn't seen the field in an actual NFL game.
With that in mind, there is no room for the Rams to draft a QB in this years draft. No team will carry 4 QB's on a 53 man roster. So unless we have some sort of shake up at the QB position in free agency the Rams will not draft or add a QB unless it is very late, like the 7th round or maybe a UDFA that would likely go to the PS is the Rams wanted to keep them around.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are rumors that the Eagles might want Foles back with Pederson at coach, but those have also been denied. Probably a shred of truth there somewhere, but not until the Bradford decision is resolved.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are rumors that the Eagles might want Foles back with Pederson at coach, but those have also been denied. Probably a shred of truth there somewhere, but not until the Bradford decision is resolved.
Exactly!

I read that the only current connection to Pederson and Foles was based on the fact that Pederson was the guy who wanted to draft Foles in the first place and that is probably the only shred of truth.

Doug Pederson played key role in Eagles drafting Nick Foles

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everything I've read about Cook has been negative. I would rather move forward with Mannion than draft Cook.

You can read all you want. Seems like a lot of front offices do the same. But Cook's last 2 years were pretty good. Not great, but 2014-2015 was better than last year. People forget how these guys perform and just start reading all the hype. That's what gets you in trouble. I don't want Cook either, just saying I'd take him over Wentz.

People forgot what Alshon Jeffrey did his junior year too and he dropped based on BS negative hype and the fact he got double/triple teamed his last year at South Carolina with a bum at QB.

Details man..

Last edited:

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel we are stuck with last years QB's unless we get some action at that position in free agency.
  • Nick Foles - Are we ready to cut this guy and take the cap hit? I say no because he is a serviceable backup with a lot of NFL experience and he has a full year in the Rams system.
  • Case Keenum - Yes he is a free agent, but I don't see anyone giving him starter money except the Rams and hopefully that comes cheap enough. Unfortunately for Rams fans, Case is our starter at this point and the Rams can't do much in terms of letting him walk with all the question marks around Foles.
  • Sean Mannion - No NFL club should be willing to cut ties with their 3rd round pick one year after the pick, especially since he hasn't seen the field in an actual NFL game.
With that in mind, there is no room for the Rams to draft a QB in this years draft. No team will carry 4 QB's on a 53 man roster. So unless we have some sort of shake up at the QB position in free agency the Rams will not draft or add a QB unless it is very late, like the 7th round or maybe a UDFA that would likely go to the PS is the Rams wanted to keep them around.

I don't really think it makes a lot of sense either, unless Mannion is showing no strides of being a big league QB or if we do intend on moving Foles. If it is a possibility, then get a guy like Hogan in the 4th or 5th and see who's got the big league credentials.

SJ76

Hoopla Cash
$ 31.28
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm calling bullshit on Jerra!

View attachment 88215

Jerra knows he needs more on defense and wants more picks. I say smoke screen too.. Blow this kid up and hope someone trades up to the Cowboys for that top 5 pick to get Wentz. That or Jerra wants Cleveland to take Wentz because he has his eye on someone else aka Myles Jack?