• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sixers should have a chip on their shoulder

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No mention of Doc Rivers as coach of the year. Embiid snubbed for MVP. Ben Simmons snubbed for DPOTY. Oh well. Go win a championship and force people to respect what you’re doing.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No mention of Doc Rivers as coach of the year. Embiid snubbed for MVP. Ben Simmons snubbed for DPOTY. Oh well. Go win a championship and force people to respect what you’re doing.

Doc hasnt really done anything to be mentioned for Coach of the Year.

Embiid missed too many games to be MVP.

Ben has a legit gripe.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ben has a legit gripe.

Yep I agree with all of this.

Embiid was going to be the MVP if he missed 10 or so fewer games. Can't expect to win MVP if you miss 20 or so games

As for COY, you are correct.

Thibs, Monty, and Snyder are all more deserving. Doc rightfully finished 4th.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ben has a legit gripe.
Disagree on Doc. He has the third best record in the league, the number one seed in the East, and has taken Embiid to a new level and tapped into the best of Tobias Harris. He’s not the winner but he’s worthy of that top 3. He rarely got any mention. I’m also not a fan across all the major sports when they name coach of the year based on the guy whose team was dog shit and they turn them into the little engine that could. In my opinion, the real coach of the year is the guy hoisting the Larry O’Brien trophy at the end of the season.

Embiid played enough games to be eligible and was the most dominant two way player in the league. Jokic is a great offensive player. I’m being kind if I call him an average defensive players.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree on Doc. He has the third best record in the league, the number one seed in the East, and has taken Embiid to a new level and tapped into the best of Tobias Harris.

He had a roster that, so far, has done exactly what it was supposed to do. Thibs had a team that everyone thought was going to be fighting for lottery balls. The Suns have far exceeded expectations. The Jazz exceeded expectations as well.

If you're going to give COY to the coach of the title winning team, then the category should be changed to Roster of the Year since that's what it takes to win a title.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Steve Nash should have been COY in your opinion?
He will be if he’s lifting that trophy. Isn’t that the goal of every coach? For me the way coach of the year is given it’s a participation award. Dude from the Raptors won the award, got shit canned and they won a title.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Embiid played enough games to be eligible and was the most dominant two way player in the league. Jokic is a great offensive player. I’m being kind if I call him an average defensive players.

Lebron couldn't win it for the same reason. When he went down with his injury, it was basically considered a 2 horse race between Lebron and Embiid. There was a lot of talk that the reason Lebron wasn't sitting out any games was because he was going after the MVP.

Both of them missed too many games to be in the running.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a roster that, so far, has done exactly what it was supposed to do. Thibs had a team that everyone thought was going to be fighting for lottery balls. The Suns have far exceeded expectations. The Jazz exceeded expectations as well.

If you're going to give COY to the coach of the title winning team, then the category should be changed to Roster of the Year since that's what it takes to win a title.
The roster is a good part of it, I agree.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lebron couldn't win it for the same reason. When he went down with his injury, it was basically considered a 2 horse race between Lebron and Embiid. There was a lot of talk that the reason Lebron wasn't sitting out any games was because he was going after the MVP.

Both of them missed too many games to be in the running.
If he’s not in the running the how does he finish 2nd? We can agree to disagree. There’s a rule that says how many games makes a player eligible. Embiid was the best two way player in the NBA this year.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The roster is a good part of it, I agree.

That's the thing, without a great roster, no coach is winning a title.

To me, Coach of the Year is the guy who does the most with the least. By your measure, Phil Jackson should have 11 Coach of the Year awards and he was never even the best coach on his own staff.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the thing, without a great roster, no coach is winning a title.

To me, Coach of the Year is the guy who does the most with the least. By your measure, Phil Jackson should have 11 Coach of the Year awards and he was never even the best coach on his own staff.
That’s actually pretty consistent with the way I feel. I feel like Phil is often dismissed and under rated for how great he is because of the talent he coached. I’ve seen a lot of talent not be able to win one let alone 11.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he’s not in the running the how does he finish 2nd? We can agree to disagree. There’s a rule that says how many games makes a player eligible. Embiid was the best two way player in the NBA this year.

Embiid got 1 first place vote. Jokic got 91 first place votes. Steph Curry (5) had more first place votes than Embiid.

That and Jokic beating him by almost 400 points in the voting says that he wasn't in the running. To be fair though, it also says that no one else was really in the running either.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, after reading post #7, i guess i could have agrred with you more at the time, but now there is no way i could agree with you more.

Well, I just smoked some shatter, so reading this post has me confused now. lol

Last edited:

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thibs or Williams deserved it more....LOL.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s actually pretty consistent with the way I feel. I feel like Phil is often dismissed and under rated for how great he is because of the talent he coached. I’ve seen a lot of talent not be able to win one let alone 11.

Phil was great at dealing with personalities. In fact, he may be the best coach in history at that very thing.

He was able to get guys like MJ and Kobe to buy into the team concept in order to win championships. He was also able to get guys with enormous egos to squash them a little and work together (largely because he had an even bigger ego).

The X's and O's came from Tex Winter. Heck, on the Lakers, both Kobe and Luke Walton knew the triangle better than Phil.