• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sixers/Pels in trade talks about Okafor

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree but the 76ers are the ones motivated here. No one is banging down your door for Okafor. Sure since you are looking to move him since you have 3 young centers, many teams are throwing their name in the hat but that doesn't mean you are going to get what he's worth.

76ers take the best deal on the table. What that is..? We shall see. At this point, the 76ers need to move him.

Okafor may end up like Cousins... Or he may also end up like Oden or Eddie Curry.

Noel has more value and is an RFA after this year.
Okafor is the cheaper option with 2 years remaining on his contract and folks tend to forget how young he is.

All that matters is what one other team perceives his value to be.
If it's the right price, deal gets done.
If not, then Okafor continues to be Embiid insurance and they will have to decide on what to do with Noel.

Not sure I want to pay $20M+ to a backup center.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't follow the nba a lot, but does Chicago have another Noah besides the one who signed with the Knicks last summer?
Still cant think of his name without looking it up lmao.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noel has more value and is an RFA after this year.
Okafor is the cheaper option with 2 years remaining on his contract and folks tend to forget how young he is.

All that matters is what one other team perceives his value to be.
If it's the right price, deal gets done.
If not, then Okafor continues to be Embiid insurance and they will have to decide on what to do with Noel.

Not sure I want to pay $20M+ to a backup center.

A few months ago, Okafor had more value than Noel. I'm not sure how much the play of either one has changed that alot. (but perception has changed ... along with Okafors +/- ... but that may be due to Embiid)

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A few months ago, Okafor had more value than Noel. I'm not sure how much the play of either one has changed that alot. (but perception has changed ... along with Okafors +/- ... but that may be due to Embiid)
Just in the minds of the talking heads. Anyone that actually watched them play knew Noel was far better.