• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sixers/Pels in trade talks about Okafor

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

As a sixers fan, if they can get a 1st rounder for Okafor, I'd take the deal.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should have just kept Noel.

Not like Jrue carried his part of the load, albeit because of injury.

But, he's likely bolting for greener pastures at Season's end.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be super bad for New Orleans. Trading their 1st in a loaded draft would be disastrous. Has "Dell Demps try's to save job" written all over this one.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be super bad for New Orleans. Trading their 1st in a loaded draft would be disastrous. Has "Dell Demps try's to save job" written all over this one.

Demps has been awful. That group was never going to play well together. Getting Okafor is not saving them, rather digging the hole deeper. The are on their way to wasting the entire Anthony Davis era.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Demps has been awful. That group was never going to play well together. Getting Okafor is not saving them, rather digging the hole deeper. The are on their way to wasting the entire Anthony Davis era.

It seems like just yesterday he was being lauded as being one of the best GM's in the league. His stock has fallen really fast. I've honestly hated nearly every move he's made with the Pelicans, aside from locking up AD which was a no-brainer. Tyreke was bad, losing Anderson for nothing, signing Asik to a horrid deal, then this off-season signings of Moore and Hill. Their two best players not named AD, Terrance Jones and Jrue Holiday are unrestricted FA's after the year. Man, it's not looking good for them.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe it's a 2018 protected 1st.
That being said, I'll offer to drive Okafor to the airport.
I'll even drive him to New Orleans... :D

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A middle rounder for Okafor would be a nice deal.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

What I've seen so far is they are sending a 2018 protected pick and Alexis Ajinca for him so that's far better than what it initially sounded like of a draft pick this year. That's actually a pretty decent deal for NO. They give up a middle round pick to take a chance on a high draft pick that was in a bad situation. Kinda shows how much Okafor's stock has fallen though if that's the best Philly can get though

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I've seen so far is they are sending a 2018 protected pick and Alexis Ajinca for him so that's far better than what it initially sounded like of a draft pick this year. That's actually a pretty decent deal for NO. They give up a middle round pick to take a chance on a high draft pick that was in a bad situation. Kinda shows how much Okafor's stock has fallen though if that's the best Philly can get though

At one point, I think Danny Ainge would have given them more than that.

CitySushi

Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At one point, I think Danny Ainge would have given them more than that.

Yeah, but hindsight is 20/20. At the time, Okafor's stock was much higher as was his potential upside. The last two years you've seen not really much development from him in weaker areas of his game, which is why his stock has fallen. Could have been traded for much more, but also could have developed into a world class player.

larryjohn

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but hindsight is 20/20. At the time, Okafor's stock was much higher as was his potential upside. The last two years you've seen not really much development from him in weaker areas of his game, which is why his stock has fallen. Could have been traded for much more, but also could have developed into a world class player.

He just turned 21 -- and last year he averaged something like 18 & 7. He is currently defensively challenged -- it is probably unclear how much he will improve there.

One rumor a month ago was Ainge would give up Avery Bradley in a 3-way trade and get Okafor back. Ainge would stay away from the Nets' picks -- but other first rounders should be available. (not sure exactly of C's future picks besides Nets')

As long as Ainge likes Okafor -- this makes a lot of sense. I think Ainge will move a guard (Smart or Bradley) before the draft -- then take one of the top 2-3 coming out with the Nets pick.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Or Ainge was just blowing smoke in order to get another team to overpay for that #3.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like it could be win win for both teams. To me the Pelicans got to get help for Davis. Okafor could be that help.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okafor was scratched from the lineup last night due to a potential impending trade.

If they are scratching him from starts then a trade seems pretty close to done.

No word on who the trade partner is but allegedly the Sixers have been talking to the Blazers, Bulls, Pelicans, and Lakers. Some talk of a multi-team trade.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The thing with Okafor is that his biggest issue is defense.

Defense is about practice and effort. If Okafor is willing to dedicate himself to improving his defense, he could become a really good player. Now he may never do that so that is a big question mark.

Offensive ability is a lot more about natural ability. And Okafor has that. 7 footers that can score are not terribly common.

The fact that there are 4 teams interested in getting him, tells you that the GMs haven't quite downgraded as much as the media and fans have.

Doesn't mean that he is considered a blue chipper still. But I wouldn't be shocked if we hear a lot of "I can't believe the Sixers got that for him" type commentary.

Inimical

Sports Hooplah Local Reporter
Hoopla Cash
$ 523.17
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres been serious reports that Jahlil is headed to Chicago. I would Guess Rondo is at the center of that trade and probably a second rounder. This works out great for both teams.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Theres been serious reports that Jahlil is headed to Chicago. I would Guess Rondo is at the center of that trade and probably a second rounder. This works out great for both teams.

I don't think so,

Rondo is the last guy I would want if I were running the 6ers. He is not exactly a leader. Give me a pick, young talent or both. A veteran malcontent is the opposite of what they should be after.