• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Simulation Has Warriors Winning 83 Games: HUH?

CodeBreaker

Dismember
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Where will they get that extra 1 game in regular season?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is their third best player, but not nearly as important as Thompson or even Smith.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love is their third best player, but not nearly as important as Thompson or even Smith.

What does it mean to be the third best player then?

If I say that Kevin Love is the 20th best player in the NBA but that there are 50 players that are more important to their teams than Kevin Love is to his . . . doesn't that mean that he isn't really the 20th best player in the NBA? Granted, Cleveland is a bit of an outlier because they have LeBron. But if ultimately we come to the conclusion that Kevin Love isn't very valuable to his team unless he's on an awful team only capable of winning 30-40 games per season (maybe this is true? maybe it isn't?), then doesn't it mean that he kind of sucks as a basketball player?

In other words, will Kevin Love ever be the 2nd or 3rd most important player on a championship team? If not, shouldn't we all acknowledge that Love is not as good as anyone thought he was 2 years ago?

By the way, I realize that this is a little bit of a tangent to your post. I'm just curious why some are so quick to defend Kevin Love.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What does it mean to be the third best player then?

If I say that Kevin Love is the 20th best player in the NBA but that there are 50 players that are more important to their teams than Kevin Love is to his . . . doesn't that mean that he isn't really the 20th best player in the NBA? Granted, Cleveland is a bit of an outlier because they have LeBron. But if ultimately we come to the conclusion that Kevin Love isn't very valuable to his team unless he's on an awful team only capable of winning 30-40 games per season (maybe this is true? maybe it isn't?), then doesn't it mean that he kind of sucks as a basketball player?

In other words, will Kevin Love ever be the 2nd or 3rd most important player on a championship team? If not, shouldn't we all acknowledge that Love is not as good as anyone thought he was 2 years ago?

By the way, I realize that this is a little bit of a tangent to your post. I'm just curious why some are so quick to defend Kevin Love.

He doesn't fit this roster, at least not in a matchup with Golden State. If you ask 30 GMs who they would rather have between Love and Thompson, the only teams that would pick Thompson would probably be Cleveland and Golden State.

Love is a better player than Thompson by just about any definition out there. Thompson is the more important piece for Cleveland because of the specific role that he plays.

In other words, I think it is unfair to say he is only important to his team if his team is a bad one. He is a scorer and non defender paired with two extremely ball dominant players. There are many good teams where Love would be a key piece.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He doesn't fit this roster, at least not in a matchup with Golden State. If you ask 30 GMs who they would rather have between Love and Thompson, the only teams that would pick Thompson would probably be Cleveland and Golden State.

Love is a better player than Thompson by just about any definition out there. Thompson is the more important piece for Cleveland because of the specific role that he plays.

In other words, I think it is unfair to say he is only important to his team if his team is a bad one. He is a scorer and non defender paired with two extremely ball dominant players. There are many good teams where Love would be a key piece.

Agreed about him not fitting the roster so it's not a totally fair question to consider. But I have serious doubts about whether Love's style of basketball actually leads to championships. In other words, even on a team where Love fits in perfectly, I'm not sure the team could have Love as a top 3 player while also having legitimate chance of winning a title.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed about him not fitting the roster so it's not a totally fair question to consider. But I have serious doubts about whether Love's style of basketball actually leads to championships. In other words, even on a team where Love fits in perfectly, I'm not sure the team could have Love as a top 3 player while also having legitimate chance of winning a title.

Not as a team's best player, but top 3? Sure. Maybe even second best in some eras. Not today obviously.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not as a team's best player, but top 3? Sure. Maybe even second best in some eras. Not today obviously.

Yeah, the league has changed. I wonder if 20 years from now Cleveland fans will look back and wonder how they could have possibly traded two first overall picks and another first rounder for Love.

Or maybe not. The 2016 Finals championship (and whatever else Cleveland wins in the next few years) may be worth it all.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, the league has changed. I wonder if 20 years from now Cleveland fans will look back and wonder how they could have possibly traded two first overall picks and another first rounder for Love.

Or maybe not. The 2016 Finals championship (and whatever else Cleveland wins in the next few years) may be worth it all.

In fairness, one of those was perhaps the worst #1 pick of all time. Not sure that one should count.