• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Simulation Has Warriors Winning 83 Games: HUH?

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard one Cavs fan say it never counted. They didn't have 2 of their 3 top players but that's the way it goes. The Warriors were completely healthy that year and everything fell into place for them, it was a magical year. Shit happens...deal with it.

Love is not one of Cleveland's top 3 players. But not having Irving definitely hurt them.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of people say depth will be an issue, but if one or two of the young guys become solid contributors off the bench, then I believe the depth will be okay.

There's a LOT of learning to play together to happen though. The depth has changed significantly, and they will have to adjust to a 2/5 new starting lineup as well.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a LOT of learning to play together to happen though. The depth has changed significantly, and they will have to adjust to a 2/5 new starting lineup as well.
The regular season will be a cake walk. The playoffs, not so much.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who is their 3rd best player, Tristan?

Like with MJ's Bulls, Tristan is Rodman and Love is Kukoc?

Geez.....I don't know if I agree with that.

I'd say Thompson is better, mostly because he's a better fit in Cleveland. In a vacuum, Love is probably their third best player (which I realize contradicts what I posted earlier), but put into the context of Cleveland's roster, he just doesn't seem to fit very well. It's almost as if they're better not having him on the team at all, which maybe is true considering that the Cavs won game 3 of the Finals when Love didn't play, game 5 when Love took only 5 shots, and game 6 when Love played under 12 minutes.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting. I had my Kings penciled in for 84 wins this year.

Mecca of the “B” Team

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd say Thompson is better, mostly because he's a better fit in Cleveland. In a vacuum, Love is probably their third best player (which I realize contradicts what I posted earlier), but put into the context of Cleveland's roster, he just doesn't seem to fit very well. It's almost as if they're better not having him on the team at all, which maybe is true considering that the Cavs won game 3 of the Finals when Love didn't play, game 5 when Love took only 5 shots, and game 6 when Love played under 12 minutes.

Well said.

I totally get it in this context and concede to your point.

:suds:

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they get within shouting distance of the wins record.

Agree. Warriors won't have any motivation to win in the regular season, other than to lock up home court advantage. I figure there will be a learning curve that comes in the first quarter of the season. The Warriors will have to learn new defensive rotations and it'll take some time to gel offensively. People are worried about number of shots guys take, but I'm actually more worried about over-passing. This team has so many weapons and so many selfless guys that there are going to be great shots passed up for ok/decent shots because the guys don't want to be selfish. That's going to take some time to get used to.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think they get within shouting distance of the wins record.
Yep. Stuff like that doesn't happen very often. That one is going to be a tough record to break for any team. I've got a grand down in Vegas on the "under" with the number of wins at 68. Seems a lot of people agreed. the number is now 65.5

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Stuff like that doesn't happen very often. That one is going to be a tough record to break for any team. I've got a grand down in Vegas on the "under" with the number of wins at 68. Seems a lot of people agreed. the number is now 65.5

Under 68 was a good bet, under 65.5 far less so. I'm thinking 65-67 wins.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
didn't even SAY that. lmao DO follow along a tad better...

as far as COMPLETELY healthy, not buying. still, no excuses there either. same with Kyrie and Love the PREVIOUS year...

is what it is, but one of you DOES wanna act like it didn't count. not my problem, though...

You said Lebron fans said that so maybe you should follow :L lol

Never heard Lebron fans or even Cavs fans say that. And mkay looks like some Warrior fans are using the injury excuse just as much and they had a much healthier team.

But thanks for the input Laker fan :laugh3:

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You said Lebron fans said that so maybe you should follow :L lol

Never heard Lebron fans or even Cavs fans say that. And mkay looks like some Warrior fans are using the injury excuse just as much and they had a much healthier team.

But thanks for the input Laker fan :laugh3:

Oh no probem, Cavs fan. Knew you'd appreciate it...:lol:

And i'm not seeing a lotta Dubs fans pulling the injury card, but hey whatever you say...:crazy:

CLEARLY you don't follow nearly as well as you'd obviously like to think. But hey, glad i can be of assistance...

You're welcome...:finger2: