• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Similarities of NE to Denvers Offense

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Edelman's had concussion issues recently, so he's a candidate to succumb to a dirty hit. But it's not clear how big the drop-off from Amendola to him is anyway.

There wont be anything dirty about it. Just clean hard hits.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he avoids contact. I said he is going to need to avoid as much as possible against Seattle.

When questioned about his shoulder, Thomas said, "I'm going to close my eyes and hit"

If he closes his eyes against Edelman, Edelman won't be there when he opens them......

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say San Diego is the team to watch honestly. I know Seattle fans will say it was hot as can be in that game which is true but San Diego did a good job on offense of being ok with the 3 yard carries on 1st and 2nd down to set up shorter 3rd down opportunities that kept the Seattle defense from being able to be as aggressive as they like. It also wore down that defense (as well as the heat) and kept the offense from really being able to get into a rhythm. San Diego is probably the one team that just flat out dominated Seattle most of the game.

I would agree with this. San Diego is the one team that I thought outplayed the Hawks this year. Their running games wasn't particularly effective but they continued to run it a lot. And Rivers was just about perfect in that game. He was constantly throwing perfect passes to convert on 3rd and mid. All 3 TDs to Gates were perfectly thrown footballs. IMO, Rivers and the Chargers D beat us.

We can argue that the weather was a factor but you can't argue that Rivers was amazing. If Brady plays like Rivers, the Seahawks will lose. No question in my opinion.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also didn`t mention anything about Lafell or Wright both are good size. Pats will also throw Devlin and Hooman in for a little more girth if needed. Not sure how much contact ET or Sherman will want in this game? They are tough but after some big contact you never know how effective they will be?

I think the Patriots are a very tough team. But the Seahawks defense is generally considered the most physical defense in football. They aren't physical because of their corners or free safety though. They are physical because of the strong safety and linebackers because the system they play is designed to punish many of the plays that are very effective in the NFL these days. In particular, the rub routes and crosses. The Seahawk defense will often allow short inside plays and instead lay a hard hit on the receivers.

Something like the last 10 teams to play the Seahawks lost their next game.

The Seahawks may not intimidate the Patriots offense but I have a pretty hard time believing that the Patriots offense will force the Seahawks D to shy away from contact.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Seahawks may not intimidate the Patriots offense but I have a pretty hard time believing that the Patriots offense will force the Seahawks D to shy away from contact.

I agree with both parts of that. Sherman or Thomas may actually be hurt badly enough (including in-game re-aggravation) to get a bit cautious. One or the other Patriots receiver may not totally shake off a hit. But on the whole, both teams will be very physical. I'll go so far as to say that if it appears one team isn't being very physical, the real reason will be something else, most likely some kind of recurring indecision leading to somewhat tentative play.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with both parts of that. Sherman or Thomas may actually be hurt badly enough (including in-game re-aggravation) to get a bit cautious. One or the other Patriots receiver may not totally shake off a hit. But on the whole, both teams will be very physical. I'll go so far as to say that if it appears one team isn't being very physical, the real reason will be something else, most likely some kind of recurring indecision leading to somewhat tentative play.

Sherman isn't overly physical in the first place so you aren't likely to see a whole lot change in his game. Thomas, on the other hand, likes to come in like a god dam missile when he hits, so I'm interested to see how his shoulder will hold up.