• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Similarities of NE to Denvers Offense

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wazzu,
Playing the seahawks game against them has shown a little more success than going out and slinging the ball 50 times but either way you are talking about beating a very stout defense.

Did I not give your defense enough credit? Should I start a thread talking about how awesome they are?

My saltiness comes from the themes seen on the general board. One, Wazzu, wants less talk about the deflation scandal and more discussion on the SB (given that there was only a week and a half left before the game). Then he/she proceeds to make a thread that express disapproval at the comparison, by the media trying to fill a week and a half with stories, of Blount and Lynch.

In this thread the opening post smacks of "We beat one, if they are the same, we will beat the other."

If you are taking saltiness from my posts you can get some thicker skin. You talked about your rudimentary research of the offenses and some people corrected (or expanded, if you please) your initial assumptions. That explains some of my first post, the second was merely using your own logic. You stated it took an improbable 3rd and 20 for Dallas to win. Likewise, it took some improbable plays for the seahawks to pull one out against the packers. If that is being salty, you are pot and I am kettle.

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Both coaching staffs will have the blueprints to exploit each other on both sides of the ball- they have been out there for several months now for just this season. The real question is who is in the better position exploit the other team.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As for the game overall, I want the seahawks to win. I think they can but I am not going to dismiss the patriots so easily simply because the seahawks defense is great. Belichick is also great and Brady is being talked about as GOAT. Gronk is a wonderful player and the patriots defense and running game are not to be dismissed while not being impressive. If seahawks play their style of ball they have the advantage but Belichick excels at removing a teams strength.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This proves to me you don't know anything about the Patriots
Edelman does not avoid contact. That is one tough little shit.....

I didn't say he avoids contact. I said he is going to need to avoid as much as possible against Seattle.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sense some saltiness from a few of you....bunk and broncosr0k specifically....

Yes Seattle had to have some breaks go their way to get back into the nfccg.

What you guys fail to do is give the defense the credit it deserves for making it possible. They also shut down one of if not the best qb in the league even with being put in terrible situations all day.

The thread was about the similarities between Denver from last season and NE from the current one. Sonny was the one that was upset over the fact that no one was mentioning the defense of Seattle.

Feel free to have the game discussion in the other thread as this one was about teams other than the one you root for.

dkmightyhammer

Livin' la vida loca
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When did the word "salty" become so popular? I admit that I'm becoming an old fart but that word makes me "salty" I guess.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wazzu,

Did I not give your defense enough credit? Should I start a thread talking about how awesome they are?

My saltiness comes from the themes seen on the general board. One, Wazzu, wants less talk about the deflation scandal and more discussion on the SB (given that there was only a week and a half left before the game). Then he/she proceeds to make a thread that express disapproval at the comparison, by the media trying to fill a week and a half with stories, of Blount and Lynch.

In this thread the opening post smacks of "We beat one, if they are the same, we will beat the other."

If you are taking saltiness from my posts you can get some thicker skin. You talked about your rudimentary research of the offenses and some people corrected (or expanded, if you please) your initial assumptions. That explains some of my first post, the second was merely using your own logic. You stated it took an improbable 3rd and 20 for Dallas to win. Likewise, it took some improbable plays for the seahawks to pull one out against the packers. If that is being salty, you are pot and I am kettle.

It came across as "na uh" or "oh yeah well your team also was lucky once"

You mentioned the dallas game or someone did, i mentioned that with how poorly seattle played it still took a miracle conversion then you " well your team got lucky toooooooo'

Thats why I thought u were being salty. If you werent i apologize.

Oh yeah and Thanks for recounting my entire post history this week....weird im active, i guess my teams playing in the superbowl. Or something

NWPATSFAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 236.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This proves to me you don't know anything about the Patriots
Edelman does not avoid contact. That is one tough little shit.....

He also didn`t mention anything about Lafell or Wright both are good size. Pats will also throw Devlin and Hooman in for a little more girth if needed. Not sure how much contact ET or Sherman will want in this game? They are tough but after some big contact you never know how effective they will be?

octagondd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also didn`t mention anything about Lafell or Wright both are good size. Pats will also throw Devlin and Hooman in for a little more girth if needed. Not sure how much contact ET or Sherman will want in this game? They are tough but after some big contact you never know how effective they will be?

This shows how much you know about the Hawks. Sherman and ET are not the big hitters. ET trys to be, but he is a little dude. It is the LBs and Kam Chancellor. Don't you think Julius Thomas, and Demarius Thomas are big guys? Kam dislocated Demarius' shoulder. Possibly on that first hit.

Money

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My bad. I guess I really didn't know the Patriots at all. I had no idea how intimidating Edelman, Lafell and Wright are.

Rex Racer

Ireverrent Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,289.96
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are examples of "blueprints" for both of these teams. We could say that the Dolphins and Chiefs both proved just how NE responds to physical defensive play in those losses.

Those games were in weeks 1 and 4, lot has changed since then.

If Seattle is thinking they are just going to physically dominate this game they are in for a surprise.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those games were in weeks 1 and 4, lot has changed since then

I know, that was my point Rex. The games that the other pósters were using as "blueprints" for Seattle (SD, Dal) were in week 2 and 5.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know, that was my point Rex. The games that the other pósters were using as "blueprints" for Seattle (SD, Dal) were in week 2 and 5.

Are those games far from the truth though? I mean really against Seattle you just can't pass so making sure to stay committed to the run, not turning the ball over, and winning on 3rd down still seems like the blue print. I think it has gotten harder since then to accomplish that against the Seahawks as the team has gotten healthier but I would still say that is the blue print if you want to beat them.

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't say he avoids contact. I said he is going to need to avoid as much as possible against Seattle.

Tough to say. He's had a few injuries. On the other hand, he's had a lot of touches recently, on offense and STs alike, so it's not as if a few more hits will necessarily make much of a difference.

And Amendola returns kicks, so you know he can take a big hit.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are those games far from the truth though? I mean really against Seattle you just can't pass so making sure to stay committed to the run, not turning the ball over, and winning on 3rd down still seems like the blue print. I think it has gotten harder since then to accomplish that against the Seahawks as the team has gotten healthier but I would still say that is the blue print if you want to beat them.

Those are fundamental offensive strategies to beat any team, but yeah thats the best way to try and beat the Hawks.

And we can say the same thing about those early season Pats losses and the oppositions defensive style. Yes, theyve improved since the MIA and KC games, but that physical approach is still the "blueprint" to beat them.

Its just funny that some early season losses are relevant and some are not.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Those are fundamental offensive strategies to beat any team, but yeah thats the best way to try and beat the Hawks.

And we can say the same thing about those early season Pats losses and the oppositions defensive style. Yes, theyve improved since the MIA and KC games, but that physical approach is still the "blueprint" to beat them.

Its just funny that some early season losses are relevant and some are not.

I wouldn't say it is the fundamental best way to beat any team. Some of it is in the no turnovers obviously helps but I would say some of the best run stuffing teams I wouldn't say pounding it up the middle killing the clock is the best way to attack that type of team. A great example is that of New England when they played the Ravens. They went into the game with the idea of attacking the Corners because of all the injuries. They I think ran it less than 10 times because they knew running it just played right into the strength of the Ravens. So I think it just depends on the match up. Against Seattle the LOB has proven you just can't pass on them even if you are an elite quarterback. So playing right into that strength doesn't bode well for a team. The teams though that have given the Seahawks trouble are the ones who can run on them and do not make stupid mistakes like turnovers.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seattle is going to give out knock out shots to new pass catchers who go short and over the middle early thats going to set the tone.. for a beast mode filled beat down.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll is confident that his defense won’t be confused by the Patriots’ unusual formations in the Super Bowl, thanks to some help from the officials.

Why not just send Pete the Pats playbook too! :doh:

Fencer

Not left-handed either
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seattle is going to give out knock out shots to new pass catchers who go short and over the middle early thats going to set the tone.. for a beast mode filled beat down.

Edelman's had concussion issues recently, so he's a candidate to succumb to a dirty hit. But it's not clear how big the drop-off from Amendola to him is anyway.

shabazz916

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
if the seahawks pass rush gets in i can see it getting ugly becuz they dnt throw deep and rushed timing throws are jumpable