• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Similarities of NE to Denvers Offense

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas showed how to beat Seattle. I think the Pats do run it often, but if you stuff the box, watch out.

OK then, KC showed how to beat NE. KC is Seattle ultra-lite.

Last edited by a moderator:

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dallas showed how to beat Seattle. I think the Pats do run it often, but if you stuff the box, watch out.

The blue print is there, you need to run the ball. dink and dunk, and convert on third down.

But it also took Dallas converting on a miracle 3rd and 20 to win it.

TxHeat

Hard Member!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The blue print is there, you need to run the ball. dink and dunk, and convert on third down.

Will they double Edelman and leave Gronk one on one. What about Vareen coming out of the back field? And Amendola has been playing very well as of late in the season. They have good options on 3rd downs.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will they double Edelman and leave Gronk one on one. What about Vareen coming out of the back field? And Amendola has been playing very well as of late in the season. They have good options on 3rd downs.

Seahawks dont double anyone. They dont need to. I know it sounds crazy if you dont watch them much, but they would rather play you straight up than create liabilities elsewhere with double teams or unique pressures.

Broncosr0k

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And a miracle comeback for the seahawks to beat the packers.

Throwing more against most teams wins you games. Throwing more against Seattle, does not. The Pats dont have a chance if they think they can win it by slinging it. Look at any of the great passing offenses in the league (Broncos, Saints, Packers) when they play Seattle two times. The first time they try to do what they do and air it out and it doesnt work well at all, the second time, they change it all up and try to play the Seahawks game, slow down and slug it out. Which turns out to be just a different way to lose.

Not quite. The broncos shifted up their game plan in the passing game going into the 4th quarter of this year's game and brought the game back. We did not convert to run mode. Playing the seahawks game against has shown a little more success than going out and slinging the ball 50 times but either way you are talking about beating a very stout defense.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver's big problem was holding on to the football last year. 2 INT's and 4 fumbles, 2 of which were lost.

If NE can hold on to the ball and convert 3rd downs they should be able to win this game.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver's big problem was holding on to the football last year. 2 INT's and 4 fumbles, 2 of which were lost.

If NE can hold on to the ball and convert 3rd downs they should be able to win this game.

That's a good way for any team to win any game.

Bunkamania

ESPN Defector
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's a good way for any team to win any game.

Teams can also win by turning the ball over 4 or, 5 times while also getting lucky on special teams.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Teams can also win by turning the ball over 4 or, 5 times while also getting lucky on special teams.

Great teams can overcome adversity like that, very true.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I sense some saltiness from a few of you....bunk and broncosr0k specifically....

Yes Seattle had to have some breaks go their way to get back into the nfccg.

What you guys fail to do is give the defense the credit it deserves for making it possible. They also shut down one of if not the best qb in the league even with being put in terrible situations all day.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would say San Diego is the team to watch honestly. I know Seattle fans will say it was hot as can be in that game which is true but San Diego did a good job on offense of being ok with the 3 yard carries on 1st and 2nd down to set up shorter 3rd down opportunities that kept the Seattle defense from being able to be as aggressive as they like. It also wore down that defense (as well as the heat) and kept the offense from really being able to get into a rhythm. San Diego is probably the one team that just flat out dominated Seattle most of the game.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say San Diego is the team to watch honestly. I know Seattle fans will say it was hot as can be in that game which is true but San Diego did a good job on offense of being ok with the 3 yard carries on 1st and 2nd down to set up shorter 3rd down opportunities that kept the Seattle defense from being able to be as aggressive as they like. It also wore down that defense (as well as the heat) and kept the offense from really being able to get into a rhythm. San Diego is probably the one team that just flat out dominated Seattle most of the game.

Rivers had something like 11 carries in that game. I dont see that coming.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are examples of "blueprints" for both of these teams. We could say that the Dolphins and Chiefs both proved just how NE responds to physical defensive play in those losses.

gowazzu02

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Good to see you back around CDumler...

Yup that SD game was ugly. The one thing ill say which isn't really a counter, just a point to note, with how much SD dominated that game. Seattle had the ball with like 3 or 4 minutes down 6 points, a drive away from WINNING. SD stopped them on fourth down, kicked a field goal with like 20 seconds left to go up two scores. But that game was right there for the taking even with the whipping SD put on em.

Kam wasn't healthy that game, he got beaten badly by gates.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
One thing I will disagree with is you said GB moved the ball ok. Our front four didn't get to him, your right, but our Defense shut that offense down. Seattles Offense did everything they could to lose that game but the defense was stifling. Only allowing ONE td after FIVE turnovers....

Thats what people dont notice during the nfccg. the D was epic.

No...trust me...I noticed...It was epic in the RZ...but GB had several short fields which keep the overall yardage numbers down around 300, but they had 4+ drives where they moved the ball on SEA...they just couldn't score in the RZ...can't take anything away that Hawks D in that area.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rivers had something like 11 carries in that game. I dont see that coming.

For a whopping 17 yards. Not sure his running is what made the difference in that game. Throw in Brady while he doesn't run often has actually shown he can do it if it is available. I mean it is the Super Bowl so my guess is players seem to lay it out there just a bit more and are willing to sacrifice and take the hit that maybe they wouldn't in the regular season.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good to see you back around CDumler...

Yup that SD game was ugly. The one thing ill say which isn't really a counter, just a point to note, with how much SD dominated that game. Seattle had the ball with like 3 or 4 minutes down 6 points, a drive away from WINNING. SD stopped them on fourth down, kicked a field goal with like 20 seconds left to go up two scores. But that game was right there for the taking even with the whipping SD put on em.

Kam wasn't healthy that game, he got beaten badly by gates.

Thanks...haven't been on the general board much as most of the talk has been deflategate and you can only read so much on how much air pressure is in the ball. Have to say I will be cheering on the Seahawks for the 2nd time this season (you guys let me down the first time with losing to the Chargers).

You are right Seattle actually made that game interesting which just goes to show even in the games that Seattle doesn't look their best they still put in a great effort. The fight that team has is just down right impressive. I wish the Broncos had half the fight they do as they have the talent but it just seems when they get kicked in the teeth they throw the towel in. Hoping the new coaching staff helps change that mindset but we shall see. Anyway with the San Diego game the whipping was more the 1st 3 quarters of the game other than the Green Bay game a couple of weekends ago just never saw Seattle struggle quite like they did. You are right they fought back and made it interesting in the end but they definitely struggled at the beginning. Kam being hurt does definitely change things for that team. The middle of the field opens up a bit more for guys like Gates to have a good game. Don't see that happening this week though.

SonnyCID

Conocido Miembro
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For a whopping 17 yards. Not sure his running is what made the difference in that game. Throw in Brady while he doesn't run often has actually shown he can do it if it is available. I mean it is the Super Bowl so my guess is players seem to lay it out there just a bit more and are willing to sacrifice and take the hit that maybe they wouldn't in the regular season.

It's not just about the total number of yards. He converted 3rd downs with his feet. And those most definitely could be considered the difference in a close game.

People put too much in to yards sometimes. Number of carries = TOP. Of course they had to make plays through the air too, but those short carries kept the defense on the field. The Chargers had something like 35 or more carries in that game? Any team gets to 35 and they're most likely going to win.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not just about the total number of yards. He converted 3rd downs with his feet. And those most definitely could be considered the difference in a close game.

People put too much in to yards sometimes. Number of carries = TOP. Of course they had to make plays through the air too, but those short carries kept the defense on the field. The Chargers had something like 35 or more carries in that game? Any team gets to 35 and they're most likely going to win.

I agree which is why I said the Chargers I thought had the best game plan of any team this year against the Seahawks. They were fine taking the 3-4 yards at a time even if it was the quarterback just running for a couple of yards instead of forcing something. Teams seem to panic against the Seahawks defense and eventually try to force something. Teams just have to have some patience and take what the defense is willing to give them then make sure not to fumble. I agree those carries mattered with what Rivers did but I don't think he did anything that Brady couldn't as Brady when pressed can run for a few yards and do ok. That is why I said if I were the Patriots that is the game I am watching to see what they can try to do. I would be giving the Seahawks a heavy dose of Blount up the middle early and often then taking the short passes when they are there. Going deep is not going to get you much and could cost you dearly. All of this is easier said than done against this defense. I'm just more pointing towards if I was coaching the Patriots this is what I would try to do and live with the results.

Southieinnc

Do Your Job!
Hoopla Cash
$ 9,532.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Edelman gets hit like Thomas did, he won't make it very long. Seattle may be able to get Amendola out of the game just by staring at him. The only one that can stand up to Seattle physically is Gronk. The others have to avoid contact as much as possible.

This proves to me you don't know anything about the Patriots
Edelman does not avoid contact. That is one tough little shit.....