• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

signing day is coming!!!

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
just read on tsl that knowles ran the second fastest 300 (on a flat track) in the country this year and is the VA state champ in 55meters and long jump.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting that you mention UL as far as grooms go. Up until now i had heard that it was really down to FSU/VT and so far FSU hasnt offered. I think besides anthony grooms has to be our biggest remaining target. We should be putting the full court press on these 2 guys and basically forget everyone else. <---------------maybe collura (sp?) the TE thats commited to pitt also.

BTW: sounds like verbal offers are starting to go out for next year.

Not sure if they (Strong and Louisville) are really going after him. I have heard that Strong has pulled some pretty big time guys out of the Miami area this year, some of who had verballed to the U. Not saying they are even actively pursuing him, just saying they could be a dark horse.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just read on tsl that knowles ran the second fastest 300 (on a flat track) in the country this year and is the VA state champ in 55meters and long jump.

Wow. Impressive. David Wilson type skills.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Dont know if anyone else has seen this but it sounds like we should have locked up grooms while we had the chance. Miami is entering the race and since grooms has been a life long miami fan, they are prob going to be hard to beat.
FWIW: He still plans to take all his visits and said playing time would be a factor. I think we've got a lot to sell, if he's willing to listen. 1)playing time as a fr or RSfr. 2) Ability to put RB's in the draft 3)Our record v/s miami 4) Miami going through a coaching transition.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dont know if anyone else has seen this but it sounds like we should have locked up grooms while we had the chance. Miami is entering the race and since grooms has been a life long miami fan, they are prob going to be hard to beat.
FWIW: He still plans to take all his visits and said playing time would be a factor. I think we've got a lot to sell, if he's willing to listen. 1)playing time as a fr or RSfr. 2) Ability to put RB's in the draft 3)Our record v/s miami 4) Miami going through a coaching transition.

I saw that Grooms has scheduled an official to Miami. Have they offered him? Maybe in light of the items you listed above we still have a shot. Also found this on a 3 star under the radar prospect from Florida. Looks like we have a visit scheduled with him as well as Smith (reports say it is down to us and GT) and Anthony in the next couple weeks. Hopefully we can close strong with a couple of these guys (Hopefully Anthony)

Robert Lockhart - Yahoo! Sports

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
yeah i havnt watched the lockhart video yet, but they say he is slippery/elusive as hell.

Miami has a full stable of RB's, i hope we can make grooms understand that he has a VERY VERY good shot @ playing next year and would see the field for sure the following year.
Starting to lose hope with anthony but yeah he and grooms need to be 1 and 1a.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i havnt watched the lockhart video yet, but they say he is slippery/elusive as hell.

Miami has a full stable of RB's, i hope we can make grooms understand that he has a VERY VERY good shot @ playing next year and would see the field for sure the following year.
Starting to lose hope with anthony but yeah he and grooms need to be 1 and 1a.

I agree on Grooms. I really hope we can pull some of that. Overall, we dropped the ball big on RBs this season. I just hope that there are some viable options next year that can play right away, because JO is out of eligibility next season, and Wilson is also likely gone.

There are 4 instate in the preseason top 30 for 2012.

We should be able to recruit this position very well.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree on Grooms. I really hope we can pull some of that. Overall, we dropped the ball big on RBs this season. I just hope that there are some viable options next year that can play right away, because JO is out of eligibility next season, and Wilson is also likely gone.

There are 4 instate in the preseason top 30 for 2012.

We should be able to recruit this position very well.

Lockhart I believe is from Torrian Gray's HS alma mater.

I think when you look at what 46 said above, Grooms is a must get. I'm not sold on Gregory being a starting option in two years. His like of size is one issue and holding onto to the ball is another. Hopefully Holmes will turn out to be pretty good, I'm sure with Williams and Evans leaving he is all smiles right about now.

Don't know much about the in state RB recruits for next year. Coleman seems kinda small and he is from anti-VT Oscar Smith. I think he is the top RB in VA next year. I think we should look outside VA to try for a 4 or 5 star RB if that is possible.

Looks like we have offered Keith Marshall from NC (UNC,NCST and the entire SEC is chasing him--won't get him) and Cyrus Jones from MD (the same... has offer from 'Bama among others.)
Why haven't we offered Wes Brown from Good Counsel, MD yet. 4 star we have a pretty good relationship with that school right? Or Coleman 3-4 star, I know we don't have a great relationship with that school, but hey, you gotta offer him right?. Beamer needs to get on it. Alabama has 5 offers out there for 4-5 star running backs for 2012. Why doesn't VT have this recruiting philosophy. I know you can't offer 10 of them but hey, I'm sure at least one of them (if not more) are bound to pan out for 'Bama. Think we need to start getting on these sophomores and juniors EARLY. You guys have better resources than me. What are our other options for RB recruiting in the class of '12???

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I havnt really looked @ the 2012 class yet, but from what i know there should be quite a few RB's in our recruiting footprint. Im glad we offered Marshall early but unless he shows a big interest i say forget him and lets focus on some guys we actually have a chance with <---- because imo we have about a 5% chance with Marshall.

FWIW: Im hearing that there is a poss that we offer another RB or 2 for this year. There is talk about a kid from WV but im hearing about a kid from georgia that has had issues with grades that have possibly been cleared up.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Yeah thats the guy. From the sound of that article it seems all we'd have to do is offer. Sounds like (to a point) he has been holding out for a VT offer. I know the kid has a great GPA and a 4* RB is there some other issue (ala Dom Terrell) that is keeping him from landing a VT scholly. Someone should email that article to beamer/weaver/somebody because 4* rb's dont exactly beat down the door every day.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BTW: does anyone have any Video up for Wasonga?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I havnt really looked @ the 2012 class yet, but from what i know there should be quite a few RB's in our recruiting footprint. Im glad we offered Marshall early but unless he shows a big interest i say forget him and lets focus on some guys we actually have a chance with <---- because imo we have about a 5% chance with Marshall.

FWIW: Im hearing that there is a poss that we offer another RB or 2 for this year. There is talk about a kid from WV but im hearing about a kid from georgia that has had issues with grades that have possibly been cleared up.

I agree concerning Marshall. His offer list is a mile long. Pursue him but don't waste to manyu resources. Chances are he will end up in the SEC. Wasonga stats looks like legit. Offers from WVU, Penn State, Tennessee. Beamer should offer him like, yesterday. Should've known Williams and/or Evans were leaving.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2

Just so you know there is no Georgia kid. My friend was confused when telling me about Wasonga. BTW here is some wasonga Video.

YouTube - Allan Wasonga Highlights
YouTube - Gridiron Glory's Player of the Year Candidate Allan Wasonga of the Parkersburg Big Reds
YouTube - Allan Wasonga

also FWIW people are saying grades and attitude may (still) be an issue.
I hate to see it when kids with game miss out on their chance because of attitude or lack of work in the classroom. Honestly i like the way wasonga plays the game. He's fast with some shake but also seems to be powerful for his size.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
multiple sources reporting Grooms commited to Miami today.

Maybe the offer goes out to wasonga now?.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
BTW: Does anyone know the 40 time of justin taylor? If he isnt real slow, i wonder if we would give him a look @ LB. Looking at his build IMO he looks more like a LB.
(just thinking out loud)

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Taylor played linebacker this past season in prep school, but I am not sure he will be looked at there for the Hokies. Foster will certainly give his measurables and times a look, but I think they like him as a long, lean end. Reeves (one of our 17 tight end recruits:rolleyes:) was recruited as a linebacker by some teams as well.

It has been a rough week, BTW:

Grooms to Miami
Smith to Georgia Tech