• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

signing day is coming!!!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can finish off with Grooms, Anthony, Knowles, one of the sleepers and a prep O Lineman I would be pretty happy. We need to get going on 2012 pretty damn quick though. I have some interesting thoughts there, but I will wait until after signing day to share...remind me...I want to see what happens with a couple of kids first...

saltrules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
For anyone that hasn't seen Stefon Diggs highlights, check them out now.

YouTube - Stefon Diggs #2 2010 Highlights

He is a MUST get for the 2012 class. Especially with our lack of depth at WR after next season. I really hope that we can pull him. Only thing bad is we have Billy Hite as his recruiter. I wish Gray or Sherman could have been in charge of him instead.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
For anyone that hasn't seen Stefon Diggs highlights, check them out now.

YouTube - Stefon Diggs #2 2010 Highlights

He is a MUST get for the 2012 class. Especially with our lack of depth at WR after next season. I really hope that we can pull him. Only thing bad is we have Billy Hite as his recruiter. I wish Gray or Sherman could have been in charge of him instead.

yeah diggs is a beast also from all accounts he really loves VT, said that he knows about our product on the field and loves the family atmosphere @ VT. This kid will blow up (even more) next year and im with you, i hate thinking about billy hite v/s the sec, big ten, etc etc.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
not that it matters or i think it will have any impact but,

john shoop (marquise williams lead recruiter @ unc) is prob leaving to take the HC job @ miami university (red hawks NOT hurricanes), i wonder if this changes anything with MW? Not only does he lose his OC but the man that recruited him also.

BTW: its been a relief not having to worry about MW and his decision for the past couple days, if he does open it back up lets hope its short and simple.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Last edited by a moderator:

saltrules

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
anyone have any idea what position we are looking @ demontevious (sp?) smith for?

Demontevious Smith - Yahoo! Sports
also i dont know what caliber of athlete he is playing against but he looks dangerous with the ball in his hand. looks like another under the radar guy that's got game.
YouTube - Demontevious Smith #10

I'm pretty sure it's cornerback. I doubt he comes here though. It's kind of an understanding that he would go to one of the academic schools that offered.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I'm pretty sure it's cornerback. I doubt he comes here though. It's kind of an understanding that he would go to one of the academic schools that offered.

dang! i didnt realize that. I assume you mean ivy league type schools so i guess its hard to blame him. If he does come here though i hope we stick him on offense. I could see him as a utility type player wildcat/rb/slot. Maybe im making to much of a highlight tape, but he looks pretty good with the ball in his hands.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Anyone else remember this guy

Reports: Penn State QB Rob Bolden seeking transfer - ESPN

Robert Bolden - Yahoo! Sports

Is there any chance that we go after him? i cant remember how much interest he showed in VT but FWIW ive read a couple PSU blogs that mention VT and Neb as possible choices.

Looks like he would be a good pickup. Don't know if he would come though. He would have to sit out a year, by the time he was able to compete, he and LT would both be juniors. Assuming LT progresses and pickups the offense and has a good year (I think he will) I don't see Bolden getting much playing time at VT, unless he was to light it up (Mike Vick-like) in a big way. I would think he would be in a similar situation at Nebraska with Martinez being a young player with a year already under his belt. But hey, Cam Newton did it and was successful.

Also, I haven't heard anything official about a transfer, but I have heard that Philip Sims is not too happy about the situation at 'Bama either. Maybe Saban didn't want to burn his shirt but I have heard several analysts say that the kid (A.J. McCarens maybe?) who backed up Mcelroy, who is only one year ahead of Sims, has already been pegged the starter next year. But I am sure Saban is fair and he will put the best QB on the field. All he cares about is winning (nothing wrong with that). If Sims doesn't play much there, it will be because he is not the best out of 2 or 3, 4-5 star QB's that Saban has recruited in the last few years.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
ive heard the same thing about sims, but im not sure he fits @ VT seems like he is more of a pure pro-style QB.

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ive heard the same thing about sims, but im not sure he fits @ VT seems like he is more of a pure pro-style QB.

Sure, I wouldn't expect him to go that route (if he were to transfer) either. Its unfortunate for him though if thats the case.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Redman officially a hokie. Good pickup

(prob end up making one hell of a tackle one day)haha.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
With DE gone and RW likely to leave also, i hope we are selling the hell out of early PT to grooms.
Also putting 2 underclassmen RB's in the same draft class should get the attention of some good ones in 2012 recruiting.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
^^^^doesnt show his 40time in the link but from all accounts he's a burner^^^^

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nice pickup with Knowles. VT has done a great job in recruiting WR in recent years. That is one area the coaching staff has been exceptional in getting some diamonds in the rough. Agree with the comment about Grooms, that would be a HUGE pickup. Hopefully we didn't get in too late in the game. Charlie Strong and Louisville have done a great job "snatching" a couple players from this territory and some HS programs that has been owned by the U. I say it will come down to FSU and VT on him (judging by the visit dates). I think the decision that RW makes could make or break our chances with him. But don't count out Louisville on him.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Interesting that you mention UL as far as grooms go. Up until now i had heard that it was really down to FSU/VT and so far FSU hasnt offered. I think besides anthony grooms has to be our biggest remaining target. We should be putting the full court press on these 2 guys and basically forget everyone else. <---------------maybe collura (sp?) the TE thats commited to pitt also.

BTW: sounds like verbal offers are starting to go out for next year.