• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

signing day is coming!!!

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
The Nation's Capital (where the news comes from)
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What do you guys think about Bill Stewart being out at WVU at the end of next year and how this might affect the recruiting of Dominique Terrell? If at all. I am sure with the explosive offense that Ok. State has had in recent years it may be even more attractive. Thoughts??

Ralph Friedgen, Bill Stewart victims of*coaching carousel ageism - Stewart Mandel - SI.com

On Nicholson:

I love this kid. he is a competitor and has a fantastic attitude and will be a star. However he just does not seem to want to come to VT. I will be as shocked as I have ever been on a commit if he announces for us tomorrow. It makes little sense to me, as he grew up a Hokie fan, and his family is all Hokie. Some have conjectured that he wants to play right away, and that is not as likely in Blacksburg but with Hosley and Fuller both playing significant time as true freshman, I do not buy it. More of the story should come out after signing day, but this is a weird one.

On Terrell:

He loves, LOVES the new OC, soon to be HC at WVU and I would put my money on him going there now. With 4 DB commits for the Hokies, and his desire to want to play ofn the offensive side of the ball, we may be able to sell him on that, but I am thinking that VT may even be souring on him at this point. We did offer a similar recruit out of Florida who could fit the role of DB/WR/returner/scatback, and he seems pretty high on us, so that might be a sign of the staff's confidence in pulling Terrell.

Here is the new offer:

Scout.com: Kevin Grooms Profile
Kevin Grooms - Yahoo! Sports

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I think that late in the process we were really looking @ terrell more on the offensive side anyway, so if we can land grooms i think he'd make a pretty good "poor mans" DT. I could see him @ slot, HB, and punt/kick return.

maybe im confusing him with another recruit but i think DN's coach is pretty anti-VT so i'd guess thats what happened with him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
BTW i see that scout has grooms as a cb? i was under the impression (may be wrong) that we are looking @ him for offense. any insight?

Last edited by a moderator:

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
46 your in pa right? jarrett isnt as well known va as the local guys, what/if any is the buzz on him up there?
(not his commitment but his play/who he compares with?
also how many D-COM's does pitt have now?

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think that late in the process we were really looking @ terrell more on the offensive side anyway, so if we can land grooms i think he'd make a pretty good "poor mans" DT. I could see him @ slot, HB, and punt/kick return.

maybe im confusing him with another recruit but i think DN's coach is pretty anti-VT so i'd guess thats what happened with him.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
BTW i see that scout has grooms as a cb? i was under the impression (may be wrong) that we are looking @ him for offense. any insight?

Maybe he is ticked that we didn't really pursue E.J. Manuel from his H.S. a great deal after we got TT the year before?? Still, it seems silly and stupid for high school coaches to hold grudges against college coaches and try to sway a kid's opinion one way or the other. I believe they should have some input and be of some guidance, but don't let them make the decision for you..

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
fwiw i may have made it sound worse than it is, maybe instead of antiVT i should have said pro uVa.
on another note: you gotta love how the coaches are slowly branching out into other parts of the country. We are finally starting to make some nice "in-roads" that may turn out to be key in the future, especially as other programs seem to be mining the 757.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will get back to you on Jarrett, as I am doing a bit of research on it. Everything that I have heard on him has been that he is a great man-corner, who is physical and an incredible human being. A smart kid with a pretty interesting story and a lot of maturity.

FTR, it appears that Terrell is, for all intents and purposes off of our board. Something happened. I don't know what, but he is no longer a target for the Hokies.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I will get back to you on Jarrett, as I am doing a bit of research on it. Everything that I have heard on him has been that he is a great man-corner, who is physical and an incredible human being. A smart kid with a pretty interesting story and a lot of maturity.

FTR, it appears that Terrell is, for all intents and purposes off of our board. Something happened. I don't know what, but he is no longer a target for the Hokies.

Wow, I new we had soured a bit, but did not know that we were at this point with Terrell.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
rare to pull an offer this late in the process. i say either A) He informed us that we are no longer in the picture B) our chances were getting slim with DT anyway, so maybe we pulled the schollie to show how serious we are about grooms C) TG saw enough of terrells attitude and we lost interest.

bigesse16

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
There must have been some incident. Even with prospects we have little chances (Nicholson, Grant, etc) we still have the offer there. We've been recruiting this kid all of high school, I'm assuming, so we would have a pretty good idea what the kid's attitude is like. There must have been something that changed recently between the coaches and the kid and most likely some incident to cause such a rapid change. I hope it could be resolved, but many are pessimistic about it.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
rare to pull an offer this late in the process. i say either A) He informed us that we are no longer in the picture B) our chances were getting slim with DT anyway, so maybe we pulled the schollie to show how serious we are about grooms C) TG saw enough of terrells attitude and we lost interest.

I hesitate to say this...because he is a kid, but I am pretty sure it is (c). He kind of made an ass out of himself the weekend that TG went up there to visit. He sulked and moped and quit on his team. I imagine that did not impress Coach Gray.

Also, I am not sure if the offer was pulled or they are simply no longer recruiting him at all.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
yeah i hear he basically threw a temper tantrum because they were losing, then gave little to no effort after that. Its one thing to get mad and use that for motivation, but to get mad and quit... im not going to bash the kid because i know very little about the situation, but look @ our season-what would our record be if we quit when we were behind?

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah i hear he basically threw a temper tantrum because they were losing, then gave little to no effort after that. Its one thing to get mad and use that for motivation, but to get mad and quit... im not going to bash the kid because i know very little about the situation, but look @ our season-what would our record be if we quit when we were behind?

I am beat, but this kid Jarrett is the complete opposite, an incredibly hard working and mature kid. Check some of his youtube videos. I will write something up tomorrow, along with my next positional prognosis.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Last edited by a moderator:

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hesitate to say this...because he is a kid, but I am pretty sure it is (c). He kind of made an ass out of himself the weekend that TG went up there to visit. He sulked and moped and quit on his team. I imagine that did not impress Coach Gray.

Also, I am not sure if the offer was pulled or they are simply no longer recruiting him at all.

Unfortunate. He sounds like a heck of an athlete. Hopefully he will find out where he fits the best and succeed. If he does in fact have a pissy attitude then maybe it would be better that he doesn't come to Blacksburg. VT has had some great players who were all about themselves. I think Frank and Co. have done an exceptional job keeping those kind of players away from Blacksburg in the last several years.

Forty_Sixand2

Sleeper Pick
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, here is the deal on Jarrett. His offers do not include Stanford, Syracuse, Northwestern and Vanderbilt by coincidence. He is a very bright kid and a leader in the classroom as well as the football field. He is an A student who is involved in amy clubs and future leader groups. In addition, he has a pretty cool family situation. His younger brother is a special need child and he has taken full responsibility for being his mentor and helper. his coach tells a story that he gets him ready for the day and fed and clother before school every morning and that he is very close with his family.

On the field, he is a 4 year starter on defense, and a 2 year starter on offense. He became a vocal leader in his sophomore year. Watch any interview with him and you will see how well spoken and humble he is. This is truly, truly a great pick up, and he jumps right to the top of this class, alongside of Harley and Marshall, in my eyes.

Great Football Player....
Better Student...
Even Better Person...
PERFECT Hokie....

Sleepy T

....zzzz...
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK, here is the deal on Jarrett. His offers do not include Stanford, Syracuse, Northwestern and Vanderbilt by coincidence. He is a very bright kid and a leader in the classroom as well as the football field. He is an A student who is involved in amy clubs and future leader groups. In addition, he has a pretty cool family situation. His younger brother is a special need child and he has taken full responsibility for being his mentor and helper. his coach tells a story that he gets him ready for the day and fed and clother before school every morning and that he is very close with his family.

On the field, he is a 4 year starter on defense, and a 2 year starter on offense. He became a vocal leader in his sophomore year. Watch any interview with him and you will see how well spoken and humble he is. This is truly, truly a great pick up, and he jumps right to the top of this class, alongside of Harley and Marshall, in my eyes.

Great Football Player....
Better Student...
Even Better Person...
PERFECT Hokie....

Well looks like UVA got Nicholson. Hope they don't end up with C. Grant too. That would be a HUGE class from UVA, many of those from our turf...757 :eek:

vtpoop

Same poop, different day
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well looks like UVA got Nicholson. Hope they don't end up with C. Grant too. That would be a HUGE class from UVA, many of those from our turf...757 :eek:

Hopefully they don't hurt us as much as Brooks and Parham...oh wait:L

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
i really dont care where grant ends up (because its pretty obvious it wont be VT) as long as it isnt cheater hole.

hunzworth

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
MW's final decision supposed to come in the next few days. Anyone hearing any buzz? I know most (myself included) feel that he will end up in cheater hole, but it aint over 'til it's over.