• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sign Vince Young

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes?

No?

Stevein2012

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, VY sucks. In preseason I don't think he even ran more than 2 or 3 of the plays that were actually called for him to run.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree that VY isnt the answer but neither is Wallace, unless McCarthy really scaled back the offense. With the production that we got out of the running game we shouldnt have lost to the Bears...we only needed Wallace to be average.

If Flynn is healthy bringing him in is a no brainer but if he isnt we need to find someone who is. Tolzien isnt a field stretcher either...

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We must come to the realization, that barring any total freakin miracles, Our Defense is really going to have to step up, our special teams are going to have to have very good coverage, and favorable returns, and Lacy and Starks are going to have carry the load for the next month or so. It's the only way we are going to win.

Wallace isn't going to miraculously sprout an arm, no other qb worth a shit is available and if they were, a few weeks are needed to even get close to the same page as the rest of the qb's to do anything more than have a minor threat of passing, and lean heavily on the running game. which is what we're going to do anyway.

The Derski

No Fat Chicks
Hoopla Cash
$ 418.10
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost anyone is better than Wallace. If you say no to Young then what confidence do you have in Wallace?? Just about any other QB is an upgrade.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Call Favre?

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No. By cutting him you basically said to the rest of the team "we don't believe you can be a quality back up for Aaron." I don't think the Packers can re-sign him, and tell that team to put their faith in him as the guy who runs this football team when in the preseason the Packers management said, "we don't trust VY" when they cut him.

Let's see what Seneca looks like when Coach Mac is able to mold a game plan around what Seneca Wallace can do.

Mondio

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Almost anyone is better than Wallace. If you say no to Young then what confidence do you have in Wallace?? Just about any other QB is an upgrade.

and we saw Graham and said almost anybody is better than him, we had Coleman and said almost anyone is better than him, we had Young and said almost anybody is better than him. We cut all our guys and signed some back ups the 1st day of the regular season. Again we're saying, almost anybody is better than him, and I'd certainly agree that we SHOULD have somebody better than we do as a back up.

Maybe it was rust, maybe it was whatever, but I was anything but comforted by the display on Sunday night by our back up qb. It would be different if he was young and unproven or unknown, but he's not. He's been around and I dont' expect much improvement.

But at this point, WHO? Who is better? We've been thru a few, we've seen what's available and most of them are not "better". at this point we need to lean on defense and running game, regardless of who's brought in. A young unknown is going to know enough to take this team anywhere and if we jump ship on Wallace now and bring in someone else, what is that going to do?

I don't care who it is, they aren't going to be ready to play on Sunday and they'll barely have had time to learn anything by the next game, and even then there's a good chance we're saying, "anybody has got to be better than him" at that point too.

I think we're sinking or swimming with Wallace these next couple weeks. I'd like a change, but it makes no sense at this point. Our coaches are good enough to make the best out of what we have. They'll earn their money the next couple weeks. We need a good running game, we need our special teams to step up and our D needs to start performing at a higher level. If no, i don't care if it is the eagles and giants and whatever, we're going to have a tough time winning.

packerbackernva

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No to Young. He was beyond awful in preseason and I think the Packers saw enough of him to realize he doesn't have it anymore.

Now I realize most teams are not blessed with top notch backups but I`ll bet my last dollar that we draft a qb in the next draft. Ted Thompson is good but in the case we are left with a bare cupboard for qb`s and likely will pay the ultimate price in the upcoming games.

alldaybaby55

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's been my biggest (and really only) gripe with Thompson...he's been living dangerously with the backup QB spot since Favre's departure. Flynn turned out to be good in a couple games for us, but otherwise it's been just plain bad. I've said this for a long time...I would draft a QB in EVERY draft. If you already have depth at that position, you have a trading chip at the very least if you hit on one.

All that said, I'd like to see what Wallace can do with a week of practice and a gameplan tailored to what he can do. I saw an interview on the news where Jordy Nelson said that Wallace has taken maybe 5 reps a week with the 1st team. It's a tough spot to be thrown into when you've taken less than 50 reps with your team.

packerzrule

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 30.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Packers bringing in Matt Flynn for a workout

wtf