• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's Sign Garver

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I found. I know there was mention to it and that one of them pulled back on it.

Teoscar Hernández’s case represents the most money at stake in an unsettled arbitration case across MLB this year. There had been speculation that Hernández and the team were working towards an extension, and going to arbitration doesn’t foreclose that possibility. In fact, it’s entirely possible that they blew the deadline simply because they think they’re close to a deal and didn’t want to spend time working out the details of a 2023 contract that they expect to become moot. Equally possible, however, is that they’re farther apart than ever, and no extension is forthcoming.
Moisés Fabian, who gave the breaking news on #RedSox and Rafael Devers deal, just said to
@ConLasBasesFull that Teoscar Hernández would have a possibility to negotiate an extension with #Mariners next week.

6:16 AM · Jan 5, 2023
Of course I could have been thinking of this offer he turned down:

Héctor Gómez

@hgomez27

OF Teoscar Hernandez and the Seattle Mariners headed to arbitration after failed to reach an agreement. The team offered him $14.3 million, per
@Moisesdeportes1

11:46 AM · Jan 13, 2023

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I found. I know there was mention to it and that one of them pulled back on it.

Teoscar Hernández’s case represents the most money at stake in an unsettled arbitration case across MLB this year. There had been speculation that Hernández and the team were working towards an extension, and going to arbitration doesn’t foreclose that possibility. In fact, it’s entirely possible that they blew the deadline simply because they think they’re close to a deal and didn’t want to spend time working out the details of a 2023 contract that they expect to become moot. Equally possible, however, is that they’re farther apart than ever, and no extension is forthcoming.
Moisés Fabian, who gave the breaking news on #RedSox and Rafael Devers deal, just said to
@ConLasBasesFull that Teoscar Hernández would have a possibility to negotiate an extension with #Mariners next week.

6:16 AM · Jan 5, 2023
Yeah no idea. Just wondering what they offered him. Cause as you put his arb was under 15 and the QO was 20 yet the Blue Jays said na on him returning and they were one of the few teams that wanted to overpay for anyone to satisfy their fans.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah no idea. Just wondering what they offered him. Cause as you put his arb was under 15 and the QO was 20 yet the Blue Jays said na on him returning and they were one of the few teams that wanted to overpay for anyone to satisfy their fans.
I read they wanted to get better defensively and that is why the let him go. Talking Jays.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I read they wanted to get better defensively and that is why the let him go. Talking Jays.
Don’t know anything about the Jays but it seems they could’ve resigned him to DH. The spot kind of has to open if they were going to pay $600 million for Ohtani.

I’m just thinking about the market though. SF and Toronto were the two teams that were going to overpay. Doesn’t seem like the Cubs will otherwise Bellinger would’ve been resigned already. Just to me, Boston is the only team left that Teo wouldn’t “lose money” if he didn’t sign an extension offer from the Mariners

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boston is the only team left that Teo wouldn’t “lose money” if he didn’t sign an extension offer from the Mariners
I just read a couple days back that their GM says they would have to cut money to sign another FA of any worth.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just read a couple days back that their GM says they would have to cut money to sign another FA of any worth.
Damn, I thought they fired their GM and hired the new guy to make a big splash. That hurts Teo even more. Yankees are out, Dodgers out, Mets out, if the Red Sox are out it basically leaves the Cubs and I guess the Giants if they want to spend more money. Can’t really think of another team that is going to shell out $20 million a year for him. I’d say Philly but I think they are going to save their money to trade for Trout.

PolarVortex

Better/Best
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garver's strength is hitting lefties. He wasn't getting consistent at bats against lefties in Texas because Heim and Duran were both superior against lefties as well. He'll get all the at-bats against lefties here. Raleigh doesn't have much power against lefties. Garver could get 550 plate appearances here if he avoids injuries. It will be interesting to see what he can do with it. 25 HRs, 80 RBI?