• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

M's Sign Garver

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't be shocked if he ends up being more valuable than Soler. Soler's had some good years at the plate, along with some downright mediocre seasons. Not to mention he has to hit because he's a lousy defender.
From at least a fans observation, he is better. But he doesn’t play a full season. But my only negative thing about this is unless he is moved to 1B, which defeats the purpose of him. Seattle has the best offensive catcher in the AL, goal is to get him more time off behind the plate to DH. Which is a solid theory but DH is the 5th offensive position that needs upgraded. So no one should complain about the move, it is just a head scratcher in terms of needs of the team.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thinking about it, he'll opt for retirement since the team has been gutted or not pick up the phone when Jerry calls.
So what you are saying is we aren't even good enough for Tommy La Stella...lol. It is funny because it is probably true. :pound:

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what you are saying is we aren't even good enough for Tommy La Stella...lol. It is funny because it is probably true. :pound:
What's sad is 2yrs ago we all thought the winds changed for the better until ownership said they're broke.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love this duo catching and dh'ing. They'd both stay pretty fresh and could be a force on both sides of the plate if they both have good years and stay healthy So yeah, I like it....but only as part of a complete MLB-playoff caliber lineup, and I'm not convinced we're going to have one. So meh for now.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would love this duo catching and dh'ing. They'd both stay pretty fresh and could be a force on both sides of the plate if they both have good years and stay healthy So yeah, I like it....but only as part of a complete MLB-playoff caliber lineup, and I'm not convinced we're going to have one. So meh for now.
I agree.

If he is one of a few positional upgrades then we can miraculously call this offseason a low key success. If he is one of only two pickups in the offseason while management tries to sell us on some youth battles and growth at key positions this will be an epic failure. There has been so much build up by management over recent years leading us to this offseason being the all in moment only to pull the rug out from under all of us lifelong fans. I really hope JeDi is pressuring that nerd Stanton on the regular, this is our time dammit!

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funds were verified...

Brandon Gustafson
@TheBGustafson
·
22m

Mitch Garver deal is official. It's a 2-year deal with a mutual option for 2026, per the Mariners.
I do have a question. How does a mutual option work? They both have to agree to picking it up and both agree against picking it up? I get a player or club option, I guess I don’t get how a mutual option works

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do have a question. How does a mutual option work? They both have to agree to picking it up and both agree against picking it up? I get a player or club option, I guess I don’t get how a mutual option works
Yes both have to agree to pick it up or it is void. It only takes one side to say no.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes both have to agree to pick it up or it is void. It only takes one side to say no.
That’s what I thought, but isn’t that basically just a club option. No way would Garver would want to give up the guaranteed money. It seems mutual options are good for superstars but then it’s basically a player option. I guess I just don’t get the point.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That’s what I thought, but isn’t that basically just a club option. No way would Garver would want to give up the guaranteed money. It seems mutual options are good for superstars but then it’s basically a player option. I guess I just don’t get the point.
Wouldn't you want to get away from Dipoto and Stanton after 2 years if you could? Teo did after one...lol.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn't you want to get away from Dipoto and Stanton after 2 years if you could? Teo did after one...lol.
To be fair, he didn’t have an option cause they didn’t offer the QO.

But on Divish’ podcast he brought up a trade idea. Castillo to Cincy for Marte and Steer, followed up by signing Snell. Don’t know anything about Steer but he said he could play LF, not a good LF, but he could.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, he didn’t have an option cause they didn’t offer the QO.

But on Divish’ podcast he brought up a trade idea. Castillo to Cincy for Marte and Steer, followed up by signing Snell. Don’t know anything about Steer but he said he could play LF, not a good LF, but he could.
They tried to sign Teo after the trade and he didn't really talk. He had a chance though who knows how much was offered.

Funny, I mentioned a trade back to Cincy on twitter about a month ago. I had them getting Marte, India, and a third player I don't recall now. I mean if you are trying to save money, why trade the kids? You trade the most expensive tradeable pitcher.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They tried to sign Teo after the trade and he didn't really talk. He had a chance though who knows how much was offered.

Funny, I mentioned a trade back to Cincy on twitter about a month ago. I had them getting Marte, India, and a third player I don't recall now. I mean if you are trying to save money, why trade the kids? You trade the most expensive tradeable pitcher.
Did they try? I didn’t hear that. Even if they did lowball him, I’m wondering if you lost out money. Seems like his ilk isn’t highly sought after especially since the Blue Jays didn’t even try to get him back.

That was Divish’s point too. By the time the “next core” is up, Castillo will be a back end of the rotation so might as well add guys to the next core.

But serious question, the fans soured on Ray cause of how 2022 ended for him, so just wondering why fans haven’t soured on Castillo. IMO Castillo’s collapse was worse than Ray’s.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did they try? I didn’t hear that. Even if they did lowball him, I’m wondering if you lost out money. Seems like his ilk isn’t highly sought after especially since the Blue Jays didn’t even try to get him back.
good point

But serious question, the fans soured on Ray cause of how 2022 ended for him, so just wondering why fans haven’t soured on Castillo. IMO Castillo’s collapse was worse than Ray’s.
For the record, I did. He was no Ace last year. A solid #2 probably. If it was a must win game, I am going Kirby then Gilbert then Castillo. I would have zero problem dealing him for a good return and replacing him with Montgomery. Snell if cheap enough, but I don't trust him for 5 years.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is what I found. I know there was mention to it and that one of them pulled back on it.

Teoscar Hernández’s case represents the most money at stake in an unsettled arbitration case across MLB this year. There had been speculation that Hernández and the team were working towards an extension, and going to arbitration doesn’t foreclose that possibility. In fact, it’s entirely possible that they blew the deadline simply because they think they’re close to a deal and didn’t want to spend time working out the details of a 2023 contract that they expect to become moot. Equally possible, however, is that they’re farther apart than ever, and no extension is forthcoming.
Moisés Fabian, who gave the breaking news on #RedSox and Rafael Devers deal, just said to
@ConLasBasesFull that Teoscar Hernández would have a possibility to negotiate an extension with #Mariners next week.

6:16 AM · Jan 5, 2023