• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Sidney Rice on the Cheap any one??

j_y19

ESPN Cast Off
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no FA available that can reach the level of a Megatron or Green or Bryant. In fact, there is no FA out there that is better than Garcon. Any FA WR we sign will not displace Garcon as our #1. I do get what you say about Garcon. He is a very good WR, but he is more of a possession WR with great running ability after the catch. He is not a threat deep. He can't stretch the field. But there are plenty of #1 WRs in this league that have similar characteristics and quite a few teams who's #1 WR is worse than Garcon. We could, and have, done worse.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how people think that a #1 WR is a real thing. You have maybe 4 dominant WRs in football...Megatron, Gordon, Demaryus Thomas, Green, and Bryant. And I question Bryant because he was silent down the stretch.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how people think that a #1 WR is a real thing. You have maybe 4 dominant WRs in football...Megatron, Gordon, Demaryus Thomas, Green, and Bryant. And I question Bryant because he was silent down the stretch.

A rose by any other name...................Btw; since the league already has the four that you've named, no point in any other team trying to get or develop one.

Lonewate44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't say one of those guys, but OUR version, meaning the team acquires a receiver that coach Gruden desires and believes will excel in his system. Say, just as an example, Kenny Britt. Then say he's correct in his assessment and Britt becomes one of those guys that teams cannot single cover, now we have OUR version of those other guys, Garcon becomes the go to guy because Britt is doubled most of the time, doesn't this make Garcon even more dangerous??
BTW; it is a sad commentary when people are willing to settle for less than what's possible, but if you're happy with a career #2 as our #1 I can't deny your right to do so. I just hope that prior to this season the "forseeable future" is realized.

Stymie.....

Lets get this strait.....We have a Legit #1 WR on the team in Garcon....Noby we get in FA is going to become the #1 on this team and take the double teams off Garcon...Not gonna happen....No WR we take in the draft will come in and take the majority of Double teams off him either!!! garcon was #1 in catchs last year...More then Megatron, Bryant...all of them...he wont just simply be replaced as that ....

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stymie.....

Lets get this strait.....We have a Legit #1 WR on the team in Garcon....Noby we get in FA is going to become the #1 on this team and take the double teams off Garcon...Not gonna happen....No WR we take in the draft will come in and take the majority of Double teams off him either!!! garcon was #1 in catchs last year...More then Megatron, Bryant...all of them...he wont just simply be replaced as that ....

Amen to that. This team doesn't need the next Megatron. Sure - it would be nice, but it is not a necessity especially if it comes with a big price tag. The Skins need to find another serviceable WR, improve their O-line somewhat & get RG3 to address the holes in his game. That would be way more than enough especially if they somewhat improve their defense & special teams (the special teams by default will be improved). Remember - they are trying to build a winning football team - not an all-star team (that was the Cerrato approach which failed miserably).

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stymie.....

I'm not sure if WE are clear on this point........I'll simply agree to disagree with you. If coach Gruden is sincere when he states that upgrades are needed everywhere, I see no point in not including WR. In fact, one sure way to do this is to get the player who makes it easier to return our career #2 back to his more dangerous spot because you now have a player who because of his size and speed opens the field for Garcon.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They aren't developed. They are gifted.

Soooooo glad that players don't flourish in systems that suit their talents. Being drafted onto a team that is a bad fit Nev-er happens!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure if WE are clear on this point........I'll simply agree to disagree with you. If coach Gruden is sincere when he states that upgrades are needed everywhere, I see no point in not including WR. In fact, one sure way to do this is to get the player who makes it easier to return our career #2 back to his more dangerous spot because you now have a player who because of his size and speed opens the field for Garcon.

Make up your mind. You talk about developing players into a #1 on one thread and then you say move a guy that has developed into a #1 back to a #2. You can't have it both ways.

gkekoa

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Soooooo glad that players don't flourish in systems that suit their talents. Being drafted onto a team that is a bad fit Nev-er happens!!!

That's not what you said. You are talking about #1 WRs. I mentioned a few that are true #1s. It doesn't matter the system or the scheme, they are #1s. You don't develop these guys into that player. They are born that player.

If you want to talk about development into a #1, explain how Garcon is not included in that statement.

Garcon was 8 in yards, 1 in receptions, and 5 in YAC.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not what you said. You are talking about #1 WRs. I mentioned a few that are true #1s. It doesn't matter the system or the scheme, they are #1s. You don't develop these guys into that player. They are born that player.

If you want to talk about development into a #1, explain how Garcon is not included in that statement.

Garcon was 8 in yards, 1 in receptions, and 5 in YAC.

Indeed I was talking about #1 WR's, then you decided to pick on a word that I wrote (develop) and changed the topic. My last comment was all about how different players flourish or don't in differing systems, hence a player with above average skills could become more productive in another system.

Born that player?? laughable!!! (No work required huh??)

This is how Garcon cannot be included in that group............He does NOT stretch the field...period. He is more a possession type pass catcher and a career #2. Sure you have provided stats, but did you consider why? If not I'll tell you. It is because there was no one else outside of Reed to throw to on a consistent basis.

I know that you want to argue the point and I'm game, but consider this before you do. Ready???...OK...If you were to field a team and had the choice of one that had a guy who relegated Garcon to the #2 spot............or a team where Garcon relegated someone else to the #2 spot which would you choose to go with.

Stymietee

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make up your mind. You talk about developing players into a #1 on one thread and then you say move a guy that has developed into a #1 back to a #2. You can't have it both ways.

Please don't tell anyone this..it is strictly between you and I OK? Both of these things are possible and NOT an either /or type thing. Here's how it would work, you can either draft, trade for or pick up a free agent, who by the way, turns out to be a lot more dangerous than Garcon as a pass catcher in Grudens' system. You seem to be saying that because Garcon (a career #2) who has become the #1 ON THIS TEAM last season, would not be able to return to his career role. Better give this some more thought before you start asking to trade him just because the team gets a more dangerous WR than he.

BTW: on the other thread I clearly stated that, the team could draft, or develop their #1 WR. Hey here's an idea, just re-read what you've written here and it will make sense to you. See.......draft/develop a #1, then return Garcon (a career #2) back to his more dangerous position. Hang in there it will come to you!!