• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Shump & JR to Cleveland

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cavs fans should never be beating their chest over ANY home win.

I can tell you, that other then the Spurs in The Finals last year, I never went to the arena thinking the Heat shouldn't win ( although obviously I knew they would lose many).

As far as J.R., BK hit the nail on the head. If I'm the opponent of a team with James/Kyrie/Love, I'm doing my best to hope Smith shoots early and often.

im not beating my chest over "any home win" - I was stating the fact that a lot of people blew a lot of hot air about Jr Smith being a detriment to the team and thus far he has been an undeniable positive. Thats it

all though- there is no doubt Chicago is Cavs biggest rival. I dont care if they are playing in Chicago, Cleveland or Moscow- beating them up big time is a good win.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yup, and the Cavs are going to win 60 games this year too.

I have seen the Cavs win both 63 games and 67 games in a season fairly recently- and neither time ended in a title.

Taking a page out of the Spurs book and focusing on having a healthy team with a battle-tested bench seems the way to go- and appears how the Cavs will be playing it.

Let me know what you think- i mean- the Cavs are on national tv more than any other team-get more media coverage than any other team, draw the most viewers in the league....

:yahoo:

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you spoke too soon, Nick had better numbers than JR's "beast" game in 10-12 less minutes played.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you spoke too soon, Nick had better numbers than JR's "beast" game in 10-12 less minutes played.

The made the same amount of shots and Young attempted one more lol

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The made the same amount of shots and Young attempted one more lol

plus the Lakers lost, lol....

the Cavs won-and against one of the best defensive teams in basketball.

as well as- career wise its not even very close- the guys are practically the same age- and JR Smith is definitely the more accomplished player.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is good when he's making shots.

Issue is when he's missing shots he is still a chuck.

Let's see how much you love him when he's shooting 3-12 in a crucial playoffs game

Yeah he's on a good streak now, but his bad streaks will come.

This is why he makes the perfect 6th man, IMO. I cringe when I see him taking contested shots when LeBron and Love and Irving are all on the floor.

I'll cringe much less when two of those three guys are on the bench... then we need someone willing to take the shots. I'll take his offense (hit or miss) when the bench unit is in. I just don't want his offense being a big part of the starting unit. Obviously if he gets hot or something, that's different.

His role will be perfect once Shump is ready to go.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,106.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JR Smith is playing well....surprisingly.

But, they are still in the Honeymoon period.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,106.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FYI: JR Smith and Swaggy are identical.

Chuckers.

Flauge

Still a Heat fan
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,109.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon said it.. he is on a good streak right now. JR is a streaky player capable of great nights. The down nights will be there. Either way, nice win for the Cavs yesterday. Just January, but never a bad win in the NBA.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ, I have been in the wind the last few days because my Semester just started.

Cavs have looked fantastic the last few games and totally dominated the Clips and Bulls.

Congrats:suds:.

But, please tell me this story isn't true...

I don't know which is worse...the Cavs offering this much or Tristan's agent turning it down!

Tristan Thompson turned down a $13 million-a-year extension offer from the Cleveland Cavaliers, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

The deal would have been worth four-years and $52 million in total.

Most NBA observers expected a contract in the $10 million per season range or as much as $12 million if Klutch, the agency representing Thompson founded by colleagues of James, pushed for it.

ADRIAN WOJNAROWSKI/YAHOO! SPORTS

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rich paul is an idiot if he thinks Tristan deserves more than that

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The power of Lebron.

Come on....

Do you think they would have extended gimpy-ass Varajao if Lebron wasn't pushing for it?

OutlawImmortal

Certified Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"JR's surgically repaired knee makes him better! I'm not a homer at all!" :pound:

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Russ, I have been in the wind the last few days because my Semester just started.

Cavs have looked fantastic the last few games and totally dominated the Clips and Bulls.

I don't know which is worse...the Cavs offering this much or Tristan's agent turning it down!

Tristan Thompson turned down a $13 million-a-year extension offer from the Cleveland Cavaliers, league sources told Yahoo Sports.

Most NBA observers expected a contract in the $10 million per season range or as much as $12 million if Klutch, the agency representing Thompson founded by colleagues of James, pushed for it.

Brian Windhorst was on Rizzo the morning that came out and said that was not true according to his sources.- the Thompson offer and rejection.

I guess we will get a good idea in the offseason.

lets say for the sake of argument that we give credence to the report- he is restricted at the end of the season.

is someone going to give him MORE? and if that team gives him more- would he really take it when - and i cant imagine - say its like 15 milliona year- does he give up 6-8million to leave and go to a different team?

i mean- I trust Woj- but i also trust Windhorst- and as far as the Cavs are concerned i really trust Windhorst more- Woj really really has had it out for them and Dan for a long time.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The power of Lebron.

Come on....

Do you think they would have extended gimpy-ass Varajao if Lebron wasn't pushing for it?

I do. with the new collective bargaining a player like Varejao making 10 million is not bad at all- especially considering he is a fan favorite and the dearth of big men on the Cavs- AND the fact the Cavs do not have the flexibility with the max's of Love, LeBron and Kyrie coming into play to go out and get another one in free agency

plus the third year is a vouidable team option year and ends up making it an attractive trade piece in the last year.

it would have shocked me to see them let Varejao walk - since even if they did- its not like with Love/Lebron and Kyrie they would have had enough cap room to replace him.

saying that it was LeBron pushing for that just shows a very poor understanding of how the cap works and effects these deals.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

a lot of people called Rich Paul an idiot for holding out Bledsoe for as long as he did- and we all saw who won that one.

and- like i said- dont believe everything you read.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have been really impressed with Kyrie lately. He totally outplayed Chris Paul on both ends of the floor- he showed up both offensively and defensively in that Clippers game- I thought it mightve been his best game as a pro- and if not his best right up there- going 12/18 for 37 and holding Paul to 5/14 was really impressive

and then in the Bulls game Kyrie goes for 18 points and 12 assists- and did a very nice job on Rose defensively.

I do have to say- at times LeBron was on Paul - so all the credit does not totally go to Kyrie- but really for most of teh game Kyrie was on Rose and Lebron gave Butler a lesson.

Kyrie really has grown up a lot. That World Championship MVP experience really did mature him. He went from maybe not even being on the roster at the begining- to being the starter and the eventual tournament MVP.

he has stepped up his defense big time. He has deferred to LeBron when LeBron has wanted to be the PG- but then when its his turn he has played great like in last nights game.

Its not surprise that at age 22 and in his 4th year in Kyrie has really started to go from just a great talent- to being much much more than that.

tducey

Sports discussion
Hoopla Cash
$ 46,233.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think this is the move that woke the Cavs up, they look like a completely different team as of late.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They look different because Lebron is back

it also helps to have Jr Smith who had 20 points on 7/11 shooting last night and has been shooting 40% from 3 since the Cavs got him- also his addition has meant Delledova goes back to his role of playing about 10-15 minutes per game instead of a lot more....that helps a lot

also- Kyrie had a knee injury that bothered him for awhile- and then he re-aggravated it and missed games- he looks healthy now so that helps.

Kevin Love could barely run the court vs. the Suns- he looked like his back had improved vs. the Bulls and is on the right track

Mozgov really beat up Gasol....and the Cavs finally have a legit center...that certainly helps...

but you are right in that- having the best player in the world back and actually healthy for the first time this season certainly is by far the biggest factor.